Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Howdy Gals.

I had a day filled of the laundry mat & the Dr.'s so i've had no time to work on my fall ghan. Hubby is being lazy today so he's hogging my couch. :angry That's okay i'm gonna get pushy here in a few so I can crochet. :hook

Have a good one. :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mare, the pattern for the RR was in the first post of the Van Gogh Cal. It's billed as a baby afghan, but when you use a size P hook and two strands of RHSS it comes out great for us full-sized humans. Hehehehe!! :devil :devil :devil

Mare, the pattern for the RR was in the first post of the Van Gogh Cal. It's billed as a baby afghan, but when you use a size P hook and two strands of RHSS it comes out great for us full-sized humans. Hehehehe!! :devil :devil :devil

Yipeeeeeeee!

I like this... big hook, double strand... that would go pretty quick, eh?:devil

Mary

Wow, nails in 2 tires ? I've gotten them in one before but never two at once. Glad they got you patched up and on the road again ! :)

Mare- it is so good to have you back again. Boy, have I missed you ... you start one of them little saltine cracker afghans and we'll have you around for a long time to come. They really aren't that bad once you get into a routine of them .

Hey there Tracy-- good to see you, have some fun with your crocheting tonite.

Tab- time to take a yardstick to Doa. If he had the couch all day, it's your turn .:D

cara I am so sorry for not getting back to you sooner I am behind in the post and forgot that I mentioned the book to you. here is the name of the book american school of needlework The great christmas crochet book let me know if you can't find it. I have the book for three weeks I could send it out of state? I am sure the local library won't mind too much.hehehe

It even has in there a pattern for a quilted raindeer xmas card holder. Lots of cute things I hope you can find it. Good luck and let me know if I can help more.:manyheart

you found it yeah do you think the bear pattern will work? I hope so will you take a picture so I can see I am thinking of making it for my mom. I will let you try it first though just in case it is too hard for me. hehehehehe.

I hope you all are having a great night I need to finish dinner and then take oldest to scouts in town. I will check in before bed hopefully. see ya:manyheart

Evening everyone, hope everyone had a great day full of crocheting. I worked a very long day today and was busier than a bee. It was crazy but nice. Make more money when its busy LOL.

Mare you will love it the first time you make a quilt ghan I love it I am addicted not as bad as some of them are but still addicted. The squares go pretty fast once you get the hang of the pattern. I keep changing colors often so I dont get board. I think I am gonna try and see if I can grid Caras casablanca like she does on her ghans into 3x3 blocks to see if that one will be easier for me to put together that way, I was gonna do rows. As far as the weaving the ends go I find it easier if I do them as I go. Once you weave them you reweave them back towards where you started, I did that with my praire star and havnt had any come out when I washed.

Linda= where did you find the pattern for the LotL or is it a pattern you came up with?

I really like the buy it now feature on eBay :yes That book was a buy it now and so I bought it :D She says it'll ship tomorrow. Now if it gets here by this weekend I might just have enough time to make it :D

Hi Cara - I'm so glad you found the book on Ebay. I hope you have time to make the bear...or maybe it can be a Christmas present. :yes

Andrea, you sound like you're addicted to the squares, too! I love making them a lot more than joining. :D

I've gotten behind on posts today, so I'll just say "Hi" to everyone for now and hope you all have a good evening. :manyheart Now, I'm going to make some of those squares before bedtime.

Cara I hope you like the bear or else I will feel eternally guilty. I didn't know you were going to buy it what if you hate it. too late I already feel guilty. If only I knew how to post pic I could have put a pic on here of it. Well let me know how it goes maybe you will like it? :think:manyheart

Cara I hope you like the bear or else I will feel eternally guilty. I didn't know you were going to buy it what if you hate it. too late I already feel guilty. If only I knew how to post pic I could have put a pic on here of it. Well let me know how it goes maybe you will like it? :think:manyheart

Oh don't worry about that :hug It was only 7 bucks with shipping. I saw some of the other patterns in it and it was worth the money just for those patterns :hug

Linda... first of all, your quiltghan is just gorgeous. I cannot wait to see the finished project. Second, your RR are simply gorgeous... and I want to make some. Where do you get a pattern for the RR?

:hook

If you go to the round ripple cal there are a lot of rr patterns in the first post. Have fun. Be careful, they are addictive. :hook:devil

Hi everyone, I've been mostly lurking lately. Lots going on here. I am sadly way behind with my Kitty Quilt. Haven't done a thing with it. I've been making a lot of clothing and working on the Football Charity Challenge. I am going a quilt sized lapghan for that one. An ATW in blues.

I've been lurking at lot though. Jules, glad you feel better. It's good to have you back.

Cara, thanks so much for putting up the quilts on your site. My next quiltghan for the FCC is going to be Stained Glass lapghan. So we will get to see a sample. I'm looking forward to starting that one. I'm getting really sick of the blue one. I have 35 more squares to do and I'm thinking of a blitz to get them done. Cheer me on;) .

Okay off to finish checking out Crochetville and then I have to clean the house. Then Crochet time. :hook

Morning, everyone. We got a little rain last night, but not enough to do more than settle the dust I'm afraid. The lakes are way, way down. It will take a lot to get them back to where they belong.

Finished the crocheting on the burgundy and gold RR for my sister-in-law last night. Just have to hide the tails and then take a picture of it. I'm glad that that one is done. My youngest nephew is getting one in two colors, too, but I'm going to do it differently. The RRs that are at least 4 colors are much more interesting and fun to do.:hook

Andrea, the pattern for the LotL is one that I addapted from a pattern in a patchwork quilt book. I stayed with the colors in the book, but I changed some of the squares so they would work as crocheted squares and changed a few places in the pattern to work better with the bi-color squares. I just fell in love with the basic pattern and made it work for crocheting. I didn't even post the graph paper pattern here. Did I answer your question? Or did I just ramble? :think

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - You are just a crochet machine of late! You go girl :h5

Leslie - No, thank you for sharing all your great design with the site :manyheart

I shall be spending the majority of my day working on my fall ghan once again :yay It's coming along very nicely :yes

Good Morning, Ladies. :) It finally feels a little like Fall - 57 degrees this a.m. but we'll still be in the 80's later. I've been for a walk and worked in the yard for an hour and now I must get busy inside...DH will be home this evening. :manyheart

Hi Leslie ~ it's good to see you here. :yes

Linda, your RRs are gorgeous.:hook Do you have a favorite yarn for those?

Mary, I've been using RHSS for pretty much all my crocheting lately. Using the size P hook, the RRs turn out nice and soft even before they are washed.

Using the size P hook, the RRs turn out nice and soft even before they are washed.

Really? Did not know that. Might have to try my hand with some P hook patterns :hook But it does wash up nice I'll give it that. That and the price is definitely right :D

Good Morning all, Well I see you are all up and raring to go. I think you all get up with the birds. it is 8:20 here and we are still trying to get ready for school. I would like to know who is sending the headache bug around because it finally got to me,ugh!! Today is dh long day so he won't be home until around 7. The kitty quilt is going along fine more squares today. I also might try the three by three block like cara. Well I guess I will go I will see you later.:manyheart

Archived