Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Just finished hiding all the tails on the Maroon and Gold RR for my sister-in-law. When I laid it out on the bed to take a picture of it I was pleasantly surprised to see that it looks much better done than it did when I was up close and personal crocheting it. The last week or so, I've been working on the LotL during the day and RRs at night. Gives me a break to switch up like that and I've been getting a lot more done that way.

DCP_1222.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renee- wow, you really have seen lots of places. I noticed you hit Ohio once, but didnt list it as a favorite. I can see why, it's pretty BORING here. Not a lot of scenery or exciting stuff, just grass and trees .

Good luck on getting the Man From Waco to move !:)

---------

Well, I was in Cincinnati for a conference. I liked it, but didn't really get a feel for the place. Oh yeah, a few other places I forgot about that I've visited:

Columbus, OH (a friend)

Madison, IN (very tiny town on the Ohio River)

And how could I forget: Vegas (didn't actually like it that much, but I figure I'll run off there, maybe with The Man From Waco, and get hitched someday). :lol

OK... you crazy ladies... you are making me really jealous. How many of you have to work outside the home like me? I have some yarn on my desk (really) so I can fondle fiber, but aside from that, I am deprived of all crochet till the few hours I have in the evenings!!!

I GREEN with Envy!!! :yes

Just finished hiding all the tails on the Maroon and Gold RR for my sister-in-law. When I laid it out on the bed to take a picture of it I was pleasantly surprised to see that it looks much better done than it did when I was up close and personal crocheting it. The last week or so, I've been working on the LotL during the day and RRs at night. Gives me a break to switch up like that and I've been getting a lot more done that way.

DCP_1222.jpg

It's beautiful, Linda. :cheer You are keeping us all entertained with pictures and we love it! What great gifts. :yes

OK... you crazy ladies... you are making me really jealous. How many of you have to work outside the home like me? I have some yarn on my desk (really) so I can fondle fiber, but aside from that, I am deprived of all crochet till the few hours I have in the evenings!!!

I GREEN with Envy!!! :yes

---------

Well, I am single, so you know I'm working a FT job! I don't get a lot of crochet time like a lot of folks here.

Plus, right now I'm making Kitsu a blanket for his cage, for when I'm away next week. I'm making it in TLC Ranch Red. He's a black cat, so he'll look very handsome on it, I'm sure.

Well, I really did buy groceries yesterday...just forgot to get milk and something for dinner. :blush So back to the store and then some crochet time this afternoon.

Renee, yes I think red is perfect for Kitsu. :c9

Renee - Ooh I love Ranch Red. That's my current favorite RHSS color :manyheart

Mare - I'm a disabled (RA) homemaker. So, on good days it's just me and my hook...of course I've also been known to hook on not so good days too :blush

Mary - Oh I hate when I do that especially since I have to have someone take me since I can't drive. :P

Thanks Leslie -- I'll be excited to see your ATW in blues-- I bet it's pretty .

Hey Cara

Have you tried out your new hooks yet that you got in your package / Just wondering how you like them .

Linda- the latest RR is lovely ! Your color choices always amaze me. You definitely have a knac for good color picking .

Morning Britt !

Mare- just jump on in and start on something -- you can work on it a little at night or on lunch breaks maybe . :)

Mary- dont you hate when you go to the store for ONE thing, and come home with 17 THINGS, but forgot the one you needed ?

I have to write stuff down or I forget it .

Renee- I can see it now-- think you guys will do one of the drive-in weddings or go into the Elvis one and have him perform the ceremony ?

We want pictures if you decide to do that !!! :lol

Renee - Ooh I love Ranch Red. That's my current favorite RHSS color :manyheart

--------

Cara, it's right up there among my favorite colors. It's such a wonderful red, isn't it! I also love Real Teal, and bought a bunch of that, with no specific purpose in mind, just because I love the color.

Renee- I can see it now-- think you guys will do one of the drive-in weddings or go into the Elvis one and have him perform the ceremony ?

We want pictures if you decide to do that !!! :lol

--------

Well, Julie, see, we would actually have to go on a few dates, first. Plus, I don't know for sure if he's actually interested in me as more than just a friend (although we have had 2 phone conversations where we spoke for 3 hours each time, and we email each other about once a day).

Now, if I were to go to Vegas to get married, I think I'd go for something simple and quiet and elegant. No drive through Elvis' for me. After, dinner at one of the very nice, gourmet restaurants. I've already told my friend Kimm (she introduced us) that if we were to hook up and go to Vegas to get married, she and her husband would come along to be the witnesses.

Of course, this leaves The Man From Waco with no say in the whole thing... :lol

Julie my girls are fascinated with Ohio. They like to pretend they are taking trips and usually it's to grandma's house. The last day or two they've been "taking a trip" to Ohio. They get all packed up and put on their sweaters and shoes and tell me goodbye they are off to Ohio :lol

Linda, your RR looks great. I like how your colors turned out together. I'll have to try the RR with a bigger hook.

Qmare I'm a SAHM so my crochet time varies by the day and hour, depending on the girls.

Renee Mike's best friend got married in Vegas. I'm pretty sure they were married at the Hooters resort place. I don't know I didn't go but I know the wedding party stayed at that hotel. From what I heard it was very nice. I think a Vegas wedding could be alot of fun.

Julie - Nope haven't used them yet. Haven't had anything that calls for that size hook yet but I will soon as I get all this baby shower stuff outta the way. My sister's (Grandma) beginning to panic which she usually does :D

Renee - I didn't like Vegas either :no Yes, Real Teal is another great one :yes

Now a Vegas wedding at Caesar's Palace (where we got to stay :yes) would be nice. That place is classy even if it is a little campy in spots :lol

----------

I like Caesar's! I stayed at Bally's (across the street from Caesar's) when I was in Vegas, but had dinner one night at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Caesar's (it was pricey, averaged about $100 per person, but really, really worth it). Oh, and I ate at the Bellagio Buffet, wonderful! I will say this: I ate very well when I was in Vegas. And I saw a great show - We Will Rock You (the Queen musical). Okay, so Vegas wasn't all that bad (and The Star Trek Experience was a blast!). But it sure was dry - I was thirsty the whole time I was there.

Of course, I'd need to do a spa day, get a facial and pedicure and a massage. I'd better start saving up! It's just as well The Man From Waco and I aren't actually dating (yet). :lol

----------

Of course, I'd need to do a spa day, get a facial and pedicure and a massage. I'd better start saving up! It's just as well The Man From Waco and I aren't actually dating (yet). :lol

Details,details :D

Renee

This is pretty funny, we are planning out the whole wedding and the Man from Waco has no clue . Won't he be surprised ? :lol

What colors do you want ???

Donna- is Grandma here in Ohio, is that why they want to come here ? It's actually a pretty dull place to visit. We have some entertainment in our town .

In summer, the mosquito truck comes around and sprays once a week .

There's actually a small group of people who take their lawn chairs and line them up near the train tracks to watch the trains pass through twice a day .

Once in awhile, there's something funny in our newspaper that the cops get called for .

My 2 recent favorites are :

2 men got in a fight on !@#$ street . Man number one goes out late that night with a stick of butter, and greases up all the door handles and windshield of man number 2's car . :lol

A clerk at the !@#$ & !@ store on Main St called the cops because some guy was laying under her car while she was in the store working. She yelled at him and he left .

cops caught up with him walking back home and asked him what he was doing under the lady's car. He had dropped a QUARTER and was trying to run his arm under the car to get it .

The police actually went back, "retrieved " the quarter ,and gave it to the man .

Both TRUE STORIES . :lol:D

Renee

This is pretty funny, we are planning out the whole wedding and the Man from Waco has no clue . Won't he be surprised ? :lol

What colors do you want ???

-----------

Hmmm, haven't thought that far. But I would get married in just a nice cocktail length dress, probably an off white (with golden or peachy undertones).

A clerk at the !@#$ & !@ store on Main St called the cops because some guy was laying under her car while she was in the store working. She yelled at him and he left .

cops caught up with him walking back home and asked him what he was doing under the lady's car. He had dropped a QUARTER and was trying to run his arm under the car to get it .

The police actually went back, "retrieved " the quarter ,and gave it to the man .

:rofl :rofl :rofl

----------

Hmmmm, maybe it was laundry day...

Archived