Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I've spent most the day at nurseries searching for shrubs, etc. for DD's yard. We've been waiting on the fence people to finish before we prepare and plant beds since they'll just trample them. They were supposed to have this done 2 weeks ago. :eek Oh well, tomorrow we can do 2 areas and have those done!

I'm going to crochet this evening. :hook What is everyone doing this weekend?

Hi, Y'all! :hi Spent the night in a sleep study last night and am just beat today... did get some work done on a scarf before they made me lay down and try to sleep... although how anyone can sleep with a jillion probes glued to her head and wires running all over her body is anyone's guess...

so I've got my typical amount of catching up to do with you chatty ladies!!!

Linda... that afghan of yours is simply breathtaking!!!!!!

Mary - Well, I'm still gonna be doing shower stuff this weekend. :yes Hopefully I'll get some time in on my fall ghan as well :yes

Mare - Aren't sleep studies just silly? How can you get any sleep? My paranoid nephew went for one of those and when he found out they were either video taping him or watching him on closed circuit tv he never got any sleep at all :P

------------

Tabby, I'm so jealous! It's sunny and warm here. Like every other day, it seems. At some point, we'll have fall, I think.

Oh, but the nights have been fabulous! Mid 60s! I slept last night with my window open, and it was heaven.

You have no reason to be jealous. I should be jealous. You are having gorgeous weather while we are freezing. It has only been in the 50's & with the rain it only made it feel colder. Our nights are in the 30's. :wbrr

Oh, if you're climbing up to get Tabby's MOJO, could you please wear the fishnets and red leather thong? If you've got a "housecoat" on, then the wind might pick up and she'd have the best view of her life! :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Hey Krystal, since Julie won't do it I think you should since you have all these suggestions. :devil:lol

Mary - Well, I'm still gonna be doing shower stuff this weekend. :yes Hopefully I'll get some time in on my fall ghan as well

We would love to see all of your shower creations...you have worked so hard and I know it will be a special day. :manyheart

Morning gang

Cara- we'd like to see photos of your items when they are all done. When did you say the shower is ?

Morning Wendy and Tracy !

Mary- hope you guys have a good weather day for your outside work. I think it's supposed to be nice here, but pretty cool, maybe in the high 50's ? I think .

Good job on the squares-- you have been at them for a really long time too !

Morning, everyone. Not sure what Kim and I are doing today. It's sunny and nice here today. Not so hot. This is the last weekend of the fair. We might go for a little while. Anyway, hope you all have a great day and a great weekend.

I, too, would love to see the things you've been making for the shower, Cara.

Good morning ladies :flower

How's everyone this fine morning? I'd love to show y'all the stuff I'm making :D But gotta get some photos first. But absolute first, Big Daddy is willing to spring yet more funds for this thing so I can do the florals exactly the way I want :jumpyay This means I've gotta get him up now so we can hit the store because he has something he needs to do after lunch.

I'm just excited about it because most things are actually working :lol My sister, bless her heart, doesn't know how to decorate for a party and is totally stressed. She just wants to give her daughter a nice shower. Well, I may not have a lot of my own money but life did give me a certain talent so Big Sis is gonna help her out :D

Gotta go get BD up. Catch y'all later :manyheart

Cara, Cant wait to see pics.

Linda - that is absolutely beautiful. I really love that pattern..

Afternoon everyone. Nothing much going on today havent really had anytime to do any kind of crafts this week, had to work today and then straight to yds football game it was parents day today was the last game. They had a great season, this year they lost won game and the team they lost to was really big and tuff, the previous 2 years they had not lost at all so it was a big disappointment, but they won today and thats all that matters.

Off here for now I suppose , I really should go grocery shopping cuz the maid quit I think lol. At least my house is cleaner than normal that is a start lol.

We have photos :D

The roses in the centerpieces are made of baby socks. That way she can just unroll them and then she will have, I kid you not, 100 pair of baby socks :lol I found tons of tutorials showing how to make rosebuds but I didn't like those for this so I came up with a way to make 'em kinda look like tea roses. I don't think I like the bases on them though. They're "off white". Very off :lol Might have to crochet cozies for them :yes Now 9 more centerpieces and a big ol' bear if the pattern shows up in time and one more afghan and I'm done :D

Whadda y'all think?

Oh here's the link before I forget :blushhttp://happyyellowhouse.com/shower.html

Archived