Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, Julie. :hug

Good morning, everyone. :)

It's overcast at the moment. Big news is that the pair of wrens that I thought might have built a nest in the big gourd outside the dining room window, did indeed build a nest there. Yesterday I heard the babies going peep, peep, peep as mom and dad wren were brining them food. What a noise they were making. They are keeping the parents busy. No idea how many there are at this point, but there have to be more than one with all the noise they were making. :devil

Kim and I are just barely awake, so more later. I'm off to hide tails and work on the LotL this morning. Catch you later.:manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Cotton Tots is the sport weight version of sugar n' cream. Keep forgetting to get some every time I go out though...gonna have to remember that :yes

Julie - Oh yes the Happy Yellow House is overflowing with Happy :D It was so nice yesterday with the peace and quiet :c9 Plus, I cleaned the whole house, I'm sore but it's nice a clean. :yes

Judy - Oh yes, as long as there's cake :drool

Good morning Krystal and Linda :hug

Seems a dog has adopted me now :irk There was a little puppy that was coming around eating the porch cats' food but his people came and got him. But now there's this really big female that showed up on Sunday. She has been hanging out in the back yard. She kept going to the sidewalk (we live on the corner) and looking up and down the road. My overimaginative brain told me that she was waiting for whoever dropped her off to show back up. She hasn't left the yard. Just stays back there looking sad :(

She's a pretty dog. She seems to be a good dog. She doesn't bark. She doesn't jump on people. But she seems sad. I finally gave in and gave her something to eat. Cat food. It's all I have :lol But she ate it. :sigh Why do they always come to our house?

Oh well off to the hook :hook

Cara, they always come to your house because they can sense all the love that lives at your house. They know that pet people live there and they are drawn to that like a magnet.:manyheart

Cara, they always come to your house because they can sense all the love that lives at your house. They know that pet people live there and they are drawn to that like a magnet.:manyheart

Hmmm :think Yes, I think I like that explanation :manyheart

Cara,

Perhaps your imagination is correct and someone DID drop her off. A good reason for why it might be near YOUR house is that the owners might know you've adopted an animal in the past and planned it that way. A trip to the vet might not be a bad idea. You almost need a "family plan" at that vet, you know!

Cara,

Perhaps your imagination is correct and someone DID drop her off. A good reason for why it might be near YOUR house is that the owners might know you've adopted an animal in the past and planned it that way. A trip to the vet might not be a bad idea. You almost need a "family plan" at that vet, you know!

Yep. Dr Keil just chuckles at me every time I have a new one. Just what a mean thing for someone to do. DH is gonna start getting irritated with all these vets bills :P I'm really not set up for a dog. Eric parks in the already small back yard and the other side of the fence doesn't have a gate. Guess I'll have to make some calls :sigh

Cara

It sounds like you will soon have a zoo if this keeps up. I can see it now, you'll have to build cages in your yard for the tiger and the goat and the sheep and put a sign in the yard :

PETTING ZOO

ONE DOLLAR

Krystal - you didnt wear white 20 YEARS ago ? You mean I am 20 years behind the times ?

I thought they still did that-- :think

Yeah well I think there's already a big sign somewhere in town that says:

ATTENTION ALL STRAYS:

Need a place to hang out? No safe place to lay your snout? Don't mind eating cat food? Well, head on over to the Halvorson's place!

I need to find that sign :irk

DANG Cara

I've always heard everything in Texas is BIGGER.

They must be SMARTER too.

I don't think there's a cat in our town who can READ .

( Heck, half the people can't read ) . :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

What a great idea for a gift. I have never heard of cotten tots before, is it similiar to sugar and creme.

--------

Wendy, yep, it's a cotton WW yarn, similar to SnC and PnC. It's really quite soft. too.

Hey There Renee :manyheart

I'm still kicking, how about yourself ?

-------

Same here. I was on the phone until midnight last night (with the fella from Waco, very inconvenient that he lives there), so I'm sleepy today.

Cats are doing pretty well.

I have a business trip next week to Baltimore - I have a 7am flight next Tuesday. I'm totally not ready yet for this trip.

Renee

Glad to hear the conversations are still going on with The Man from Waco .

That's what I can call him, makes him sound very OFFICIAL . :)

You have gotten to take a lot of trips havent you ? How many states have you been in total ? At least you get to see lots of new places .

Renee

Glad to hear the conversations are still going on with The Man from Waco .

That's what I can call him, makes him sound very OFFICIAL . :)

You have gotten to take a lot of trips havent you ? How many states have you been in total ? At least you get to see lots of new places .

--------

Yes, I'm trying to convince The Man from Waco that he really needs to move to Austin. He's already been thinking seriously about it. He's an artist, and he knows he'll have a lot more opportunities with his career here. Plus I'm here! :lol

I've traveled a lot over the years. As an adult most of the travel I've done has been for work (next week's trip is for work). But I've made a point to also get out and have some fun vacations. I'd say in the last 15 years or so, I've been to:

Boulder/Denver/Estes Park

Washington, DC (a couple of times)

Greensboro, NC

Seattle (a couple of times)

Portland, OR

Orlando/Disney

San Diego

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard

Tempe/Phoenix

Madison, WI

I won't count the day/weekend trips to Dallas or Houston (I've had lots of those)

Of the cities above, I love DC, Boston, Portland. If money were no object, I'd probably have a house in each of those cities!

Yikes! Renee you really are traveller :) I'm too much of a homebody for that :D I just hang out here with my Man From Waco :manyheart

-------

I'm sure there's lots more places I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, I went to Lawrence, KS this summer, and really liked it. And a couple of summers ago, I went to Victoria, BC for a day trip (out of Seattle).

Next year I'm hoping to make a trip to Denver, another to Calgary, AB.

Next month I'm also going to Miami for my grandmother's 90th birthday party. But I grew up in Miami, so I don't really count that as travel.

I can't figure out exactly if my black ones are Australorps or Jersey Giants. I can tell you that they are nearly the size of every other full-grown chicken I've seen, and they're about 4 months old. They are black with a bit of greenish hue to their feathers. Do Jersey Giants have that sheen? Maybe that's what I have and why they are SO BIG. ?

Yep, Martha has a pretty green sheen to her feathers and she's BIG. I love Jersey Giants... one of these days, I want a JG roo... they have this deep baratone crow that is so funny!!!

Linda... first of all, your quiltghan is just gorgeous. I cannot wait to see the finished project. Second, your RR are simply gorgeous... and I want to make some. Where do you get a pattern for the RR?

:hook

Renee- wow, you really have seen lots of places. I noticed you hit Ohio once, but didnt list it as a favorite. I can see why, it's pretty BORING here. Not a lot of scenery or exciting stuff, just grass and trees .

Good luck on getting the Man From Waco to move !:)

Hey Mare, ole buddy, ole pal-- how the heck are you ?????

Hi ladies. I've been gone all morning and you guys have been busy on here today! When they checked my tires, I had nails in two of them so the guy came out this a.m., put air in both, and followed me to the tire place where we bought all new tires 4 months ago. All fixed up now, I hope! I thought it was really nice for him to figure out how to get me and my car to the tire place.:yes

Julie, it's good to have you here again. :manyheart

Hi to everyone else, too. I must put away groceries, etc. and will check in later.

All fixed up now, I hope! I thought it was really nice for him to figure out how to get me and my car to the tire place.:yes

That's just yer basic Texas hospitality :D Can we tell I'm just a little bit in love with my home state? :lol

Hey Mare, ole buddy, ole pal-- how the heck are you ?????

Just great, Julieoooooooooooo :yay

Trying to get up the nerve to try one of these quiltghans... they shore are perty but dang, all those ends to sew in would make me a little nuts.

Here's a question for you all... how do you get the ends to STAY in. Seems like they seem to eventually work their way out again, even when I've really zigged and zagged them in!

Oh, and I'm fiending for that RR pattern, Linda!!!

Big news is that the pair of wrens that I thought might have built a nest in the big gourd outside the dining room window, did indeed build a nest there. Yesterday I heard the babies going peep, peep, peep as mom and dad wren were brining them food. What a noise they were making. They are keeping the parents busy. No idea how many there are at this point, but there have to be more than one with all the noise they were making. :devil

That is sooooooooo exciting! We are way past baby bird time up here in WA... but we do have a few wrens that will still sing for me... they have the most beautiful song. Mine are house wrens... what type of wrens are yours? Carolina wrens are common in GA and have a fabulous song (I'm sure you know this)... lucky you!

Archived