Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Good Morning.

Athba~I'm glad the pregnancy is going well. Take care. :manyheart

Linda~Your kitty story is too cute. I miss my kitty, I had to get rid of him 4 yrs. ago when we moved here. :( I didn't want to but we were living in a city school district & the twins weren't getting what they needed so we moved.

Wendy~Woot on your square making. :cheer I made 10-15 but I got tired & gave up. :D Have a good day at your Mums.

Theresa~You sure do have a full plate today. Have fun & make sure you take some you time to relax. :hug

Cara~Sorry to hear about Mr. Bear giving you so much grief. I'm glad it didn't all go to waste & you were able to flip it into something useful. :clap

Mary~Morning. I couldn't imagine not having my RH. :eek I sure hope you have other stores around that will still carry it. Have a good day.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If so i'm sorry. :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good. How are you? Any spectacular plans for today? Mine consist of sitting in my jammies, chatting with you all & causing a fire because my hook is moving so fast. :hook

Sounds like a good plan :lol :lol Morning hon :hug

Good morning Donna and Theresa :hug

Well I have a trip to the store and some cleaning. I will be watching a friends girls this week so we are cleaning today to get ready. Other than that I'm hoping to visit with you guys here and crochet a storm myself.:D

Morning, everyone. I actually slept late this morning, so I'm just getting going. When I was in HL yesterday it almost looked like they were going to quit carrying yarn all together. :huh They had cut back on the selection several months ago and now were down to just two aisles. I was disappointed.:ohdear Think I'll check out Michael's today.

Athba, Congratulations on the baby! :yay Haven't heard from you in a long time.

I was planning on checking out the fair today, but I'm not so sure today. After wandering around the flea market in the heat yesterday, I'm tired. Being inside in the a/c with Kim all the time, I'm not used to the heat, and it's supposed to be hotter today than yesterday. But...... seniors get in free today, so that's an incentive in and off itself. Dither, dather. :think Time will tell. Have a great day, all. I'll check in later.

Hi Ladies. Wow, amazing what I can get done when I get up before 5:00. :lol I'm off soon to run a couple of errands and will be here crocheting later.

Tabby, have a good day and I hope you get lots of squares made. :hook

Congratulations, Athba! :c9

Hi to everyone else, too. Have a great day. :manyheart

Errands are taken care of - just barely! I was unloading my car in the garage and noticed I have an almost flat tire. :eek So I guess I'll have to figure out how to get this taken care of since DH is out of town. I haven't changed a tire in years and don't think I want to start again now. :lol Think I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Hi Denise. What have you been working on lately? :)

Time for more squares. :hook

Morning everyone,

Tabby and Donna did you get lots fo crocheting done.

Linda did you end up going to the fair.

Mary flat tyres are a pain arent they. Do you belong to a car service so that if you break down you can just call them. They would be able to fix your tyre as well.

Denise howdy, what are you working on at the moment.

Cara that Vanna yarn sounds really nice I will have to look at on the internet. Hows your square making going.

I have made a ton of squares. I know it's over 40 squares. I already sewed them on my ghan too. :cheer My ghan is already to the folding stage to put away. I'm so excited. :yay

How did everyone else do today? Well, i'm off to check the other threads & then back to the squares. :hook

Nope not much crocheting here yet. I still have a few things left to clean. It's mainly the shower which will get washed down right before the girls shower and then I have to vacuum which might not get done till tomorrow. We'll have to see. Hubby's heading out to a friends tonight so I plan on a lot of hooking time then. I'll probably try to figure out what I did wrong on the tunisian:thair I messed up my count somewhere in the last two and a half rows. So it might be a good time to work on that since I won't have any distractions.

Donna~Hopefully tomorrow will be more relaxing for you. I have too many busy days so I feel your pain. I went on strike today besides dinner & refused to leave the comfort of my jammies. :D I'm working on my fall ghan. I love watching it all come together. :cheer

Thanks Wendy. I must've eaten your wheaties for breakfast because i'm pumping out those saltines. :D

Hi, all. Nope didn't go to the fair. Mid to upper 80's and a huge crowd isn't my idea of fun.:no

Went of Michael's and looked at yarn, but didn't feel like paying 20-30 cents premium on the RHSS. Also didn't like the color selection there. However.......They did have Bernat Boa yarn on clearance for $1 a skein. I've never felt justified in paying full price for it, but have wanted to try it for a long time. Soooooo...I bought 10 skeins of Phoenix color. They also had a bunch of the Lion Brand ribbon yarn on sale at $1 per skein, so I got four skeins of color number 208. It's a variegated ribbon in shades of red, burnt orange, gold, turquoise and green. It's something else I've wanted to experiment with, but couldn't justify the normal cost. Don't know what I'll make just yet, but it's sure pretty.:devil

Then went to Walmart with the pattern and color chart for Mr. Rooster. Finally decided on colors after laying out multiple shades next to each other. Opted for buff as the background color. The other colors are gold, carrot, dark sage, light sage, cherry red, cafe, and coffee. John bought the yarn and I'll do the crocheting and it will be a gift from all three of us to our new neighbors. I'm hoping I have enough time left to get everything done before Christmas. My fingers really need to start flying. :yes

I've been working on the rainbow RR this weekend and I'm now on the last row. That will leave 2 1/2 RRs to go. The LotL has passed the halfway point, but there is still a lot to go on it. And Mr. Rooster. And I have to finish repairing the heirloom bedspread for Kim's aunt, too. All of a sudden it feels like Christmas is looming and I'm behind the 8 ball. :eek

Tabby yes wheaties does help to crank out those saltines. Well done.

Linda wow are you busy, at least you have 75 days to get all that done before xmas day.:D sorry just had to say that. I have a habit of saying that at work too. The girls there get sick of me saying how long till xmas. I hope you can get it all done.

Tabby I doubt that tomorrow will be any better. I'm going to have both of mine home all week plus two other girls the same age. Maybe tomorrow night will be better. My night is done now. I can sit here and relax for the rest of the night. :hook

Well I got quite a few squares done today even with commotion around. Nephew left today. Two weeks early. Said he was miserable and p**sed off over here :blink Said he was only staying for the high speed internet anyway and even if his folks didn't have theirs hooked up yet he was ready to go. Now granted he said that all in the same tone of voice you use to break up with someone and say "It's not you. It's me." I just stood there agape and then told him to call his mom and let her know and not to forget anything.

Oh well at least I have my house back and no more Hamburger Helper :D Big Daddy's smart enough to eat whatever I put in front of him :lol

Misa is your nephew young and was just visiting? That sounds kinda rude when they are there using your electricity, water, and eating your food.

Linda the colors you picked out for the rooster sound like they will be great cant wait to see it come together.

Tabby and Wendy way to go on your squares

I have been working on mine I need to change to a different color cuz im tired of doing black already lol, I tried using an I hook to see if they might come out a little bigger so I must crochet really tight cuz they still are not that big? What size hook do you guys normally use. My Nine patch isnt very big like doesnt even cover me up and im not exactly tall and i used an I.

Archived