Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great progress Denise!! :clap:cheer I find that bright light helps with dark squares. I just received one of those nifty neato light up hooks as a gift that I can't wait to use on dark yarn :yes

I left my camera at my sister's house yesterday so I don't know if I will be able to get it before Friday's picture post.

I have finished all the white and purple squares and have half of the blue ones done. I did take a break the last few days to work on the eight pocket tote. I would say I have about half of the squares for this cuddle done.

Hi Ladies. I don't know why I get so nervous about going to the doctor,:think but it's over with for now! This is the first time our Internist took care of everything; since I had a hysterectomy at age 26 it just seemed silly to keep going to a gyn. when he can do it all in one visit. DD met me for an early lunch and I'm home for the day. Gee, is that too much information or what? :lol

I'll be back after I catch up on posts.

I left my camera at my sister's house yesterday so I don't know if I will be able to get it before Friday's picture post.

I have finished all the white and purple squares and have half of the blue ones done. I did take a break the last few days to work on the eight pocket tote. I would say I have about half of the squares for this cuddle done.

Theresa, it sounds like you're making super progress! :yay

Hi to Tracy and Denise. I've heard about the lighted hooks, but still need to try them. :yes Crocheting with black is really hard for a lot of us.

Cara, Question! With the "checkered" border squares on the Fall Ghan, do we still crochet a regular border? I have a looong way to go before I need to worry about it. :lol How is the Bear pattern coming along?

Britt, have fun playing with yarn today. Just hide some if you think DH is starting to notice how much you have. :devil

Theresa - Excellent progress!! :clap:cheer

Mary - Nope not too much info....we're nosey :D I hate going too. Every time I go they find something elsewrong. I swear I feel like my warranty ran out at 35 :irk Glad it went well :hug

Denise - Clover makes them which is a bonus. I wouldn't be without my Clover hooks :hookHere's what they look like.

Hi, Tabby. Yeah, the rooster was giving Cara fits, so I took a stab at it using little tiny picture of rooster that I found in a magazine, gridded, and simplified. This yielded Mr. Rooster, an as yet untried pattern.

DCP_1144.jpg

OK... This Rooster is right up my ally! Holy cow, but he's cute!

so, where's the pattern? LOL

That rooster is adorable.

I have a copywrite question though. If you take a picture of anything say cartoon character or disney and turn it into a quilt type pattern is that violating anything? Just trying to understand how all this works, I have been trying to design a pattern for a year now but everytime I do I feel like it looks like something else. I thought I read in here where someone was doing it from an actual quilt but putting it into crochet and that would violate am I right or did I misread something somewhere?

Wendy thanks for the compliments on the colors.

Hi Everyone,

Mary Im glad everything went well at the doctors. It will be my turn on monday. Im hoping after a blood test she doesnt tell me Im a diabetic.

Cara those light hooks look great. I noticed that there isnt much hook though before the handle. I just cant get used to those types of hooks. But I guess if it helped with dark yarns I could put up with it.

Andrea - Yes, copying any copyright character (disney, etc) is a copyright violation. Directly copying someone elses quilt design is a copyright violation. It's a rough area and has stopped a lot of my projects too :yes But I wouldn't want someone doing it to me so I don't do it to them :no

No squares done, I thought that I would be done with the baby blanket that I am making but it is a basketweave pattern. I have already used two skeins of yarn and I am heading into my third. I wanted to get started on the cat quilt. Well hopefully tommrow after I volunteer at school. I have to go start dinner so I will see you all later.

Mary glad thing went well:)

Have a great night

Thanks Cara for answering that, makes you wonder how there are free graph patterns out there for winnie the pooh and cinderella and such if it is all illegal. hmmmmmmm back to the drawing board for me I suppose.

Thanks Cara for answering that, makes you wonder how there are free graph patterns out there for winnie the pooh and cinderella and such if it is all illegal. hmmmmmmm back to the drawing board for me I suppose.

They either have a licensing agreement with them or they haven't been caught yet :lol

Has anyone seen Judy today?

I went through a period where I reported any Ebay seller I could that was clearly churning out the licensed character graph patterns.

After reporting several of them MANY times without any action from Ebay, I realized that they don't care as long as the licensing company doesn't come after them. I suppose Disney doesn't much care, or doesn't know, because they're all still there!

It's about time for bed. I've finished 2 1/2 blocks of the Fall Ghan - that's close to 1/3 done. :cheer It is really fun to see the pattern and colors coming together.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Andrea - Nope, I don't know how to go about obtaining license rights. You can always contact the company and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Archived