Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. The day is just getting started here.

Cara, hope your back gets to feeling better very quickly and ceases to bother you for the whole rest of the day.:hug

All together now:

:bday

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday dear Shaylen.

Happy Birthday to you!!!

And many mooooooore.

Kim has a doctor's appointment this morning, so all for now. Will check back later. :yes

Good Morning, ladies. I hope you all are feeling okay. Cara, so sorry about your back - ouch!

Happy Birthday to Shay. :cake

Leslie, how exciting! I just went to Cara's site...they are great patterns. :yes

After an appointment this a.m., I'll check in here and crochet. :hook

Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Shay, hope it is a good one for you.

I went out early this am and got my yarn for the casablanca, I got taupe instead of warm brown (couldnt find any) got lace instead of buff (couldnt find any) and then stayed with black. I am hoping those colors will look alright with that. I think the taupe and lace should be far enough apart in color. Im not real good with changing colors on things. Although I think a burgandy, navy, and white might look pretty with that one to.

Good Morning all, Sounds like everyone is doing great this morning. It is a blustry and rainy. I guess fall and settled in and this is what we will have untill sometime next year mixed with snow. I haven't started on any of my other quilt projects I started a baby blanket but I am going to run out of yarn today. I think I will start on dd cat blanket with grey, I couldn't really find anything that I liked other then grey. I think it will be cute. I am also planning on using pink. Well I have to go get everyone up and on their way. :manyheart

Shay Happy birthday to you. Are you going backwards yet? I know I am :yay

Cara Hope you feel better soon,rest that is always good even when you don't feel bad.:hug

Britt, I'm so jealous that you have fall! It's still firmly summer here: hot and sunny. They say a cold front is coming in Saturday night, and it'll be 80 for Sunday with lows in the 60s! I'd love to be able to open a window at night!

G'morning Britt :hug Wish we could get something resembling fall around here...you can keep the snow though :lol My back's all better now, thank you for your concern :manyheart

--------

My back is still plenty sore, but it's mostly just sore now and not agony (I have a herniated lumbar disc, this happened last Tuesday).

I don't even need the pain meds now - good thing, they give me a headache (true!). :lol

Andrea

I think the lace will be pretty- it is one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure what color taupe is - I'm guessing it is some shade of brown though .

Good luck, you are undertaking a big project. You have Cara and Wendy to be your cheerleaders, though since they have both completed one .

--------

My back is still plenty sore, but it's mostly just sore now and not agony (I have a herniated lumbar disc, this happened last Tuesday).

I don't even need the pain meds now - good thing, they give me a headache (true!). :lol

Owie on the disc!! :( Vicodin gives me a headache too so I avoid it unless absolutely necessary :lol

Julie yes taupe is a sort of brown/beige but a little darker than beige lol (that really doesnt make sense lol)

op0511a.jpgop0503a.jpgop0585a.jpg

the top one is the taupe Julie although the lace in the pic doesnt look exactly like the one I bought. Im gonna need all the :cheer I can get. LOL. Now to find a different way to join so that when I wash it it doesnt come apart LOL.

Those colors look great, Andrea.:yay

Glad your back is better, Renee. :clap You too, Cara.:clap

Kim's check-up went well and we both got our flu shots while we were there, so we're set for the fall and winter bugs.:yes

I took a break from the LotL over the weekend. Started on brother #1's Christmas RR and I jsut have one more round to go and it will be done. Might do another one before going back to the LotL. We'll see. It's nice to have so much to show for my time and so quickly.:yes

Linda

Just wondering how often you have to buy new hooks ? I bet you melt the ends right off yours ,you are so fast .

I hope you don't use wooden hooks .... forest fires, you know ?

:rofl :rofl :rofl I do believe you're right on this one :yes Linda's the fastest crocheter I know :manyheart

Oh btw...about our little discussion yesterday about your patterns on HYH...well ya know, now that I think on it Mr Train is all your idea :yes And a gloriously brilliant one at that...something to think on if you're wanting to share :D

Archived