Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Andrea your choice of colors will look great for the Casa. Goodluck with it, its a beautiful pattern.

Leslie congrats on your patterns they are amazing.

Linda your round ripple is amazing. I would love to try your rooster pattern if thats ok.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda~ love the rr and the rooster!!

I'm trying to put some ideas to graph but don't know how I want to work out the pattern in the over all quilt.

I did get enough squares done to almost do 5 blocks on the pinwheel. I just need the blue squares and those will be done on Thursday while I'm waiting at the DR's. :lol

Julie I know and here I am saying I would do the rooster one. I got a pattern in the mail today to do the rooster in sc graph style so now not sure which way to go. Do I do the rooster in single crochet or do I do the rooster in squares.

Ok just need your opinion one more time on the Amish.

Once I have done the 2 rows or white squares I will then be doing a few rows of the red squares and then I am going to sc around and then turn it into a granny and just go round and round and round until you cant see me anymore as its so big. My question is will it look ok with the red or will it look weird. Should I just stick with white all the way to the end or rather down the sides.

Hi, Tabby. Yeah, the rooster was giving Cara fits, so I took a stab at it using little tiny picture of rooster that I found in a magazine, gridded, and simplified. This yielded Mr. Rooster, an as yet untried pattern.

DCP_1144.jpg

That is way too cute, love it. The beak looks like it would be hard though. :eek

Hi, Tabby. Yeah, the rooster was giving Cara fits, so I took a stab at it using little tiny picture of rooster that I found in a magazine, gridded, and simplified. This yielded Mr. Rooster, an as yet untried pattern.

DCP_1144.jpg

That rooster is REALLY good! Love it!

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Love that rooster more and more every time I see him :manyheart

Wendy - It's a sickness isn't it? :lol My opinion, since ya asked, is that whatever color your outermost squares are (sounds like the red in this case) is the color I'd use for the border. That's just me. I know some folks like a more "striped" look to the edge but I usually don't care for that as it takes away from the center of the quilt which is the star in this show :yes Just my humble opinion :D

Heather - Oooh I'd love to see what you come up with :yes

Yes, my plan to take over the world with little squares is working! I have them designing they're own. Soon the world will be covered in little squares! Mhuahahaha. Wait. Did I say that out loud?

Good Morning, all. Julie's Gabby Gerties are back...I love it!

Heather, great progress on your blocks. :cheer

Wow, Wendy-2300 squares this year and October just started. You are amazing. :hook

I have to leave soon for the Dr. I got their second appt. so I can get this over with early...I am such a big baby. :blush

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Good morning, ladies. There are several squares on the rooster that look doable on paper, but which I haven't actually tried to crochet. It's mostly on the head and feet areas. If you want to try him Wendy I'll see about taking a picture that does a better job of focusing in on the pattern and will try actually making some of the complicated squares so I can help with them if they end up causing you a problem. I think that they'll work okay, but have a ton of tails to hide.:eek

Cara, I found a picture of a teddy bear last night that I'm thinking of turning into a cuddle ghan pattern. Do you think that would be something that might work? :think

Cara I do believe Im addicted to squares and I just couldnt believe how many I have done when I added up the squares between the Casa and the Amish. Thanks for the advise on the ghan I will keep it with red for the end.

Linda I think the teddy ghan would be so cute.

Mary goodluck at the doctors.

Going to bed now, catch you all tomorrow.

Good Morning, You all sound so busy every morning. I got more yarn, I think my husband is getting suspious. I think I will have to produce something I have made or finish what I am working on. I keep getting yarn for this project or that project but I haven't started anything yet. I still have to buy dog yarn for the dog quilt. Today is hubby long day so I won't see him untill 7pm. lots of time for to play with my yarn. I just need to do laundry and dust. I am also still trying to go for walks. I went yesterday it is amazing how is just smells like fall. I think all the seasons have a smell. we are just to busy to really enjoy it. well I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will check in after my walk. :manyheart

Mary good luck at the DR. :hug

wendy that is amazing :yay

Archived