Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooh lookie at the chickens!!! I heart chickens :c9 I'm like you Mare...chicken paraphenalia all over the house :lol I have so much of it though I have to rotate stuff. Part of them stay packed away until time for the switch then it's like getting "new" chickens all over again :D

Linda - Julie's not feeling well and she's working on a fairly large project so she's taking a bit of a break :yes

Cara, I don't know how to do it from one thread to another like I have seen done, but I will tell you how I would do it! LOL I would just highlight and copy what I wanted to post, then come here and paste it into a new post. There's probably an easier way but I'm too lazy to learn it!

:lol Thanks, gals. I am a bit of a chicken nut. Glad to know I'm in good company!

As far as quoting goes, you just click on the little "Quote" button on the lower right of each person's message... then you'll get a reply window that has the person's message that you want to quote in it...

Since you liked my chickens, how 'bout a goat?

003-2.jpg

That's my little Rosie Posie... she's a few months older now but she's still pretty small... she's supposed to be a full sized goat but she is a rescue from a place that saves sick or abandoned goats...

Weeeeeee!

Donna - your ghan is looking great.

Julie - I hope you start feeling better soon.

I got lots of squares done for my casablanca last night while I was sitting watching tv. Hopefully will get some more done today.

Cool, Krystal... Those Polish are so cute! I have a lot of different kinds... Brown and Exchequer Leghorns, Cochins, Cinnamon queens, a Black star, Jersey Giant, a Red Shouldered Yokahama rooster, some dark Brahma hens, on and on and on...

112.jpg

Are the big black ones in this picture Australorps? That looks like mine do. I'm having a really hard time with the big chickens picking on the middle chickens and ALL of them picking on the new ones... What to do???

And what ARE those things that look like a copier threw up toner all over them?

Morning everyone.

Its a beautiful saturday morning here with no rain in sight. I have just 63 white squares left then its onto the red squares.

Tabby hope your feeling better, you poor thing.:hug

Mare your Rosie is so cute and wow look at all those chickens. You obviously have a farm. What other animals do you have.

I dont know how to post from thread to thread either but I would like to know how you quote more than once in one post from different people.

Donna great work. Im loving the colors every time I see it. How much more have you got left to do and is this for yourself. Cant remember if I asked that question or not.

Cara dont worry you will get the bear sorted out.

Lady sorry your job is wearing you down, could you go down to 3 or 4 days a week. That might help, it certainly helped me, 5 days was just too much but since now having fridays off it has been so much better.

Hi Ladies. Hope you all have had a wonderful day. :) (I won't talk about mine - at least the part that involves family.;) )

Tabby, I would love to be a fill-in grandma if we were closer. :manyheart

Mare~I love the pictures of your "kids"! Years ago, DH and I bought a small farm and we had a baby goat. Our neighbor named him BJ...for Brian Junior after my DH who is a Brian. :lol He ate my whole garden, hanging plants, and everything else when he got out of his rather large pen. :eek

Wendy - to quote multiple posts at the same time, you press the button to the RIGHT of the quote ["+] on each of the posts you want to quote, then on the LAST one, you press the "Quote" button... it will give you a reply box with all of them in there. :D

Krystal - Is that what that button does! :lol I never knew that either :lol

Wendy - Howdy hon :hug Glad you're nearing the red squares I know how annoying it can get :yes

Mare - Aww the baby goat too :manyheart I like the spotted chickens the best :yes

Mary - Gonna have to get the bat after that family I see :tryme Hmm think Donna had it last :D

Dinner's done (thank goodness that's becoming my least favorite chore :P), dishes are washed and now I can just kick back with a book and a hook :hook

Cara I have the border sorted I think but If I post the picture can you tell me if it would look ok. Your the expert at these things. Just going to upload it now.

I'll gladly give my opinion :D

Cara this is similiar to what you gave me awhile ago.

Ok here is the border around to go around the Amish. Just pretend the Amish is in the middle there. As you can see I have stopped at the top so thats the top of the bedspread and I will continue with the red down the other 3 sides. Not sure whether to do just 2 rows of squares then continue just going round and round with dc's.

Does the yellow and white look ok or should I leave them out. I have one skein of yellow left so its enough to incorporate a bit of the yellow into the border. Im not very clever in deciding these borders.

th_Amishborder.png

Cara this is similiar to what you gave me awhile ago.

Ok here is the border around to go around the Amish. Just pretend the Amish is in the middle there. As you can see I have stopped at the top so thats the top of the bedspread and I will continue with the red down the other 3 sides. Not sure whether to do just 2 rows of squares then continue just going round and round with dc's.

Does the yellow and white look ok or should I leave them out. I have one skein of yellow left so its enough to incorporate a bit of the yellow into the border. Im not very clever in deciding these borders.

th_Amishborder.png

Ok let me see if I'm understanding correctly. The Amish blocks are in the middle with the row(s) of white squares around? Then the one row of red. Then one row of white/yellow. Then three rows of red?

Okay, good. Got a picture in my head now. Honestly, what I'd do is off the white rows I'd do red only. Leave out the white/yellow row. And I'd probably make squares instead of making a wide border for two reasons 1) it is gonna be a monster to hauling around and around to try to crochet the border on and 2) I think it'll make it way too heavy to be practical.

Something else to think about as well, your top is very light colorwise. With the side hang down being all in the red it going to be very "bottom heavy" with the red. Which is a great look. I happen to like that look. But don't be surprised if it comes out with a heavier look than you might have expected.

That's my two cents and if you understood it all you're doing better than me :lol

Cara, I understood you, because I was thinking the red would be "heavy" as well. I sort of like the "light" look that Wendy has going on now. The red (in my opinion) will wash out the main body of the Amish. But since you are out of yellow, not sure what to do. Could you use the green instead?

Ok leave out the yellow and white row. So make it just red squares all around then. I only had one row red on top because thats the top of the bed if I make the red squares the same all around then the Amish part of the pattern will go down further on the bed if that makes sense.

What if I made it 2 rows of red on the top part. I know its going to look heavy with the red color but not much I can do about that.

Thanks for your input Cara.

No I'd still just put one row of red at the top. :yes

You could always use white squares instead of red squares and do the border in the red. But of course that means more white squares to make :lol

Yes I was actually thinking about maybe continuing with the white and just do one row red for the border to finish it off. I would leave the top at 2 rows of white and continue with the sides and then when I get to do the red I would go right round. I want the Amish in the middle to stay in the middle of the bed.

Would that look better you think.

I know this would mean more white.:(

Archived