Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Tab- it's good to see you are back on the Saltine Express .Where was your MOJO ? Under the couch, or out in the yard ?

I found it hiding in one of the kiddos toy boxes. No wonder I couldn't find it. :D

Nice to see you Ms. Julie-O. :manyheart:hug:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara- you don't owe ANYBODY an apology or need to feel bad in the least. You are a saint to take in your nephew like that for such a long time. Feed him, let him live there with no responsibilities at all, then to have him make those comments when he left ?

The worst part was finding out his mom took him to buy him a little "treat" for his upsetting day. GOOD GRIEF, I'd give HER a piece of my mind too .

She should be thanking you for taking in her kid for all this time .

I would not do it ANY more .

Glad you got your house back to being HAPPY !!:)

Cara~I agree with Julie. You have no reason to feel bad.:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Morning, everyone. It's sunny and hot again today. Our lows are where our highs should be. :hot The leaves are turning a tiny bit, but it's only here and there. Ayden's birthday is later this week. I've got a big box of blocks for him that I have to get sent. DD will probably shoot me for getting him more toys. For a little guy and the first grandson on both sides, he's got lots of toys and lots of doting grandparents to give them to him.:manyheart

Finished the rainbow RR last night, with the exception of hiding the tails.

Now that I have the yarn for Mr. Rooster, I'm going to make sure the pattern for the head and feet work, before posting the final pattern. It may need some tweeking, especially the head.:hook

Cara, DN is a lazy nitwit. You and Big Daddy have been so nice. :manyheart What an abusive way to repay you for your kindness. I hope mom wakes up soon or she's going to be supporting him for life. I know that mental illnesses can make life tough, but we don't get a free ride in life just because we have them.:no

Denise, I know what you mean about suddenly finding yourself with endless sewing to do. I frequently go on crocheting binges. I work my patterns in blocks and frequently do enough squares for several blocks and then to all the tail weaving and sewing for several blocks at once. 25 squares per block on LotL and I usually do 3 blocks at once. Only at the moment I've got about 5 blocks of squares crocheted and none of the weaving or sewing done. Uh Oh! Guess what I'm doing this week in addition to testing out Mr. Rooster.:blush

I'll try to post some updated pictures later today. I know it's not Friday, but Friday got away from me. :photo

Hi there, Julie. Nice to hear from you. Hope your life calms down soon.:hug

Hi, Wendy. Shame on you for counting the days 'til Christmas. 75 days sounds so much sooner than 2 1/2 months. :eek I know, I know. Prioritize! Prioritize! No, no. It's freak out time. :eek Almost. :lol :lol :lol

Krystal, you have no idea how much better that made me feel, my friend :hug Maybe I wasn't being such an ogre after all :no

-----------

Oh no, I think Krystal is right! I probably would have kicked him out much sooner! I think what he said to you was disrespectful and rude. But like you said, not your problem now!

I have 2 friends (brothers), who are early 50s, and they both have this thing about living like bums, trying to get others to pay their way. Neither one has had a steady job in about 7 years. They were sharing a house with a friend of theirs (she had cancer). Now, to be fair, the one brother really was this woman's caregiver.

Well, she died earlier this year, and the sister kicked these guys out of the house, but they just got moved this weekend. Then they convinced their sister to buy a duplex as an investment, and let them live in one of the units as the landlord and to keep the property up. Bad idea (these guys are total slobs and have no experience being handy men). I asked the older brother what he would do if there was a plumbing problem in the other unit, and he said he was perfectly capable of calling a plumber! :eek Sort of misses the point of them living rent free and being "handy men."

I get so irritated that people keep enabling these guys to just living off of other people. I've said many times I'm not willing to help anyone who isn't first willing to help themselves!

Yes I agree. I understand about manic depression. Our mother was manic depressive too. But she got up and went to work every day, kept house and took care of us. She didn't even have the benefit of the medications that he's got. Even his therapist told him to "man up" last week and he wasn't happy about that one bit. Flat out told my sister and the therapist that he didn't understand why he couldn't just keep going the way he was because he was happy that way :irk

---------------

Yeah, well, I tell my friends I'd love to have the same deal my cats have: a place to live, all the food they could want, luvvins on their terms, they stay home and sleep all day. But I don't, and I certainly don't expect the world to provide for me.

It's too bad your sister is enabling his behavior. As long as he has no incentive to be productive, he won't do it.

Hi all, remember I told you all I had a baby shower, and was wondering what to make for a gift? Well, I think it was Cara who suggested washclothes. So, guess what I made for Susan's little baby boy to be? Yep, washcloths! I bought some cotten tots a few weekends ago, and I made her 5 washcloths.

They were a hit! Everyone was ooohing and aaaahing over them. I made each one a different stitch. I really like how soft the cotten tots is. Very easy to work with, and I'm sure they'll soften up a lot as they're used and washed. I also bought her some baby wash and lotion.

Now, I have to make Kitsu (my cat with a heart condition) a blankie. I'm going to Baltimore next week, and I have to board him for a week. I figured he'd like to have a blankie of his own in his cage. He's been responding well to his meds, so far. He goes back next Monday afternoon for another ultrasound (from the cardio, I take him directly to the vet where he's being boarded, lukcily they're very close to each other).

Then I have a 7am flight on Tuesday morning (meaning I have to get up at 4:30, since I live about 25 miles from the airport and I'm stupid slow first thing in the morning!). :eek

Renee - Oh I'm glad the washcloths were such a hit! They certainly are handy :yes

Yes, a little blankie for Kitsu is a great idea. Maybe you could sleep with it one night to give it your scent and he wouldn't feel so lonely :yes

........ and I'm stupid slow first thing in the morning!). :eek

:rofl :rofl :rofl Y'all are just rolling with the one-liners this morning! I love it! :rofl :rofl

Renee - Oh I'm glad the washcloths were such a hit! They certainly are handy :yes

Yes, a little blankie for Kitsu is a great idea. Maybe you could sleep with it one night to give it your scent and he wouldn't feel so lonely :yes

---------

I was thinking of sleeping in a tee shirt, and putting that in his care package as well. He loves to hide, so that would give him something to hide under that would (hopefully) calm him down.

I actually think after the first day or so, he'll be fine with being boarded. He's so shy, and gets really stressed, but when he sees that they're not killing him, I think he'll adjust fine to being boarded.

Good morning, I haven't been here all weekend. the kids have been on the computer and we had a couple of football games to go to. O finished all the baby blankets last night so now I will start the kitty quilt today. I organized my yarn and set aside what I needed to start my projects with. I hope you all had a great weekend. I will see you all later today.:manyheart

Oh, I would rather be here laughing and talking to you all; I'm really trying to be good and do some cleaning. :P

Renee, I'll bet Kitsu will be fine while you're away. What a great idea about the blankie and tee shirt. :c9

Linda~it hasn't cooled off here at all either...the a.c. just keeps running. Looking forward to pictures later. :yes

Hi to Cara, Tabby, and Britt, too. :manyheart

Britt - Grats on finishing the baby blankets :yay

Mary - Yeah I'm having a seriously hard time talking myself into all that cleaning I planned to do today :lol I put all the furniture back where it really goes. I could at least sweep I guess. DH doesn't notice one way or the other anyway :lol

Are the big black ones in this picture Australorps? That looks like mine do. I'm having a really hard time with the big chickens picking on the middle chickens and ALL of them picking on the new ones... What to do???

And what ARE those things that look like a copier threw up toner all over them?

Hi Krystal... no, I don't have any Australorps. My biggest black gal (Martha Stewart) is a Jersey Giant and the other black gal (Opra Winfrey) is a black sex link aka Black Star. Those black and white girls (the Andrews Sisters) are Exchequer Leghorns. Crazy looking birds, eh? Darn things have been on strike for weeks! The best layers I have are the cinnamon queens.

We just have 3 dogs, 4 goats and 45 chickens! Plenty for me because I work full time!

So, I'm dying to see all of your progress on your quiltghans! I want Pixies!

Okay. Pictures coming at y'all.

First is the latest updated photo of the LotL. It's now past the 50% point in completion.

DCP_1218.jpg

Next is the completed Rainbow RR. Trouble of course would not let me take a picture of it without including her. Then a picture of several of the finished RRs with Sarge hanging out in them. Enjoy!

DCP_1220.jpgDCP_1221.jpg

Okay. Pictures coming at y'all.

First is the latest updated photo of the LotL. It's now past the 50% point in completion.

DCP_1218.jpg

Next is the completed Rainbow RR. Trouble of course would not let me take a picture of it without including her. Then a picture of several of the finished RRs with Sarge hanging out in them. Enjoy!

DCP_1220.jpgDCP_1221.jpg

They are all beautiful, Linda. :yay Your RR color choices are wonderful!

ok I give I thought I knew how you did that but I don't how do you make the rr look like it is blended? I hope you are all having a great day. I also have laundry on my list about six loads and then the diswasher. OH and sheets on the beds ugh. Well this is what I get for wanting to stay home, I actually don't mind I just would like to be appreciated for it. Well enough form me I will see you all later this afternoon.:manyheart

Linda, stunning work!! I still need to be working on squares, but where does all the time go?? :P

I dunno but if you find out lemme know cuz I need to head over there :lol

Afternoon Ladies, I have had a busy day off running around and need to get ready for yds football game here in a few.

Linda- Those projects are gorgeous, I was wondering all this time what the LotL was , still not sure but at least I have a pic of it now lol.

Julie- good to see you hope your feeling better.

Well time to get my tush moving hopefully I can make some more squares tonite while I am hoping to relax lol, the key word being hopefully LOL.

Archived