Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Thanks everyone. LotL stands for Lady of the Lotus which is the name of the original quilt pattern that I used. A blended RR is done using two strands of yarn at the same time and a BIG crochet hook. On mine the first two rounds are made using two strands of the first color, the second two rounds are done using one strand of the first color and one strand of the second color, the next pair of rounds are done using two strands of the second color, and so on. Mine have 7 pairs of rounds that are solid and 6 pairs of rounds that use two colors together. They cover the top of a queen size bed. :devil

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, thanks for the info. on blending colors! I've only made one RR and I didn't know about the blending...so I need to make another. :hook

Question on the Fall Ghan - should the leaf stems all be one of the brown colors? Or the leaf color for a little whimsical look? It's 1/3 finished. :D

Question on the Fall Ghan - should the leaf stems all be one of the brown colors? Or the leaf color for a little whimsical look? It's 1/3 finished. :D

I'd say it's your choice :D I'm actually considering seeing how mine looks without the stems first. Might add them. Might not :lol Almost have 8 rows of it done though :hook

Hi Krystal... no, I don't have any Australorps. My biggest black gal (Martha Stewart) is a Jersey Giant and the other black gal (Opra Winfrey) is a black sex link aka Black Star. Those black and white girls (the Andrews Sisters) are Exchequer Leghorns. Crazy looking birds, eh? Darn things have been on strike for weeks! The best layers I have are the cinnamon queens.

I can't figure out exactly if my black ones are Australorps or Jersey Giants. I can tell you that they are nearly the size of every other full-grown chicken I've seen, and they're about 4 months old. They are black with a bit of greenish hue to their feathers. Do Jersey Giants have that sheen? Maybe that's what I have and why they are SO BIG. ?

Okay. Pictures coming at y'all.

First is the latest updated photo of the LotL. It's now past the 50% point in completion.

DCP_1218.jpg

Next is the completed Rainbow RR. Trouble of course would not let me take a picture of it without including her. Then a picture of several of the finished RRs with Sarge hanging out in them. Enjoy!

OH WOW!

Awesome progress Cara & Mary! :cheer I also worked on my fall ghan today & i'm about 1/2 finished with it. :hook Hopefully this one will be finished before Halloween, that would be nice. :yes

Hi Tabby~ You and Cara are going to see me in your rear view mirrors. :lol I'm so slow - are you doing yours in rows or blocks?

Actually I guess I work mine 3 rows at a time. I make a little block of 3 squares by 3 squares. Sew those together and move to the next little set of 9 squares. Seems to go real fast that way. I know it doesn't really but it's just a little mind game I am playing on myself :lol

Well dinner is done and the house is still a little messy I think I will try and fix that as soon as I am done checking in here. I hope you are all doing good. It sounds like it. I got a few things done today and frogged others oh well there is still lots of time before xmas right? dh went to play basketball so he won't be here for awhile that will be good get kids ready for bed and hopefully things will be settled before he gets home. see ya later.:manyheart

Cara I forgot to ask did you finish the bear you were working on? I found one in a book that I borrowed from the library. The bear measured about 27" from the sitting position so It was a pretty big bear he was really cute. I might make him for my mom . She collects bears and I have made her one every year for xmas for years but never a crocheted one. Well I hope you had good luck if not let me know I can tell you the name of the book and maybe you can get if from your library. ok I went on a little long. Have a good night.:manyheart

Cara I forgot to ask did you finish the bear you were working on? I found one in a book that I borrowed from the library. The bear measured about 27" from the sitting position so It was a pretty big bear he was really cute. I might make him for my mom . She collects bears and I have made her one every year for xmas for years but never a crocheted one. Well I hope you had good luck if not let me know I can tell you the name of the book and maybe you can get if from your library. ok I went on a little long. Have a good night.:manyheart

No I gave up on it. But what you're describing is perfect! What's the name of the book?

Actually I guess I work mine 3 rows at a time. I make a little block of 3 squares by 3 squares. Sew those together and move to the next little set of 9 squares. Seems to go real fast that way. I know it doesn't really but it's just a little mind game I am playing on myself :lol

Hi Mary! I'm actually doing mine kinda in blocks. I'm doing 4x4, I started it in the bottom right corner & worked halfway up & then went sideways. So I guess i'm kinda all over the place. :lol

And I'm doing this one in 7 x 7...I gave up trying to figure out if there was a quicker way to join. :D

(Thanks to Krystal I can now reply to both!)

Hi Tabby~ You and Cara are going to see me in your rear view mirrors. :lol I'm so slow - are you doing yours in rows or blocks?

Mary you will get there dont worry.:hug

Hi, Wendy. Shame on you for counting the days 'til Christmas. 75 days sounds so much sooner than 2 1/2 months. :eek I know, I know. Prioritize! Prioritize! No, no. It's freak out time. :eek Almost. :lol :lol :lol

I thought that would get you excited.:lol :lol

Hi all, remember I told you all I had a baby shower, and was wondering what to make for a gift? Well, I think it was Cara who suggested washclothes. So, guess what I made for Susan's little baby boy to be? Yep, washcloths! I bought some cotten tots a few weekends ago, and I made her 5 washcloths.

What a great idea for a gift. I have never heard of cotten tots before, is it similiar to sugar and creme.

Hi Mary! I'm actually doing mine kinda in blocks. I'm doing 4x4, I started it in the bottom right corner & worked halfway up & then went sideways. So I guess i'm kinda all over the place. :lol
Your going really well Tabby.

Thanks Krystal, I have now worked out how to do this mulit replying.

You're right, Wendy. 74 days doesn't sound like very much time with all the crocheting I've got to do between now and then. I made big strides tonight on a RR that's been just sitting here for over a month. Just one more round to go and it's done. Yeah!!!!

Hi, Wendy!

Cotton tots is soooooooo soft as compared to sugar and cream. I'm going to make a couple of washcloths for Dean before we visit...2 Sundays from now, unless they're busy....I'll bring his boats, too:)

Hi, Julie!

WW this morning...and a friend may join me if she can get up that early;)

Dentist right after...tonight is practice for my goddaughter's Confirmation on Thursday....

other than that, not a thing going on...:lol

How are you?

BTW...I emailed you an easy baby blanket pattern...

Thanks Judy

I'll go check out my email this morning .. Easy sounds good ! :)

Wow, I bet the confirmation will be a big celebration, won't it ? I've never gone to one. Do they still do the white dresses and veils and all, or is that an old-fashioned tradition ?

And do they have CAKE ????

I 'm a little out of the loop .

Wow Cara you sure have done alot on your fall ghan.

Tabby great work on yours too. :cheer I'm surprised I don't see smoke coming from your directions with how fast those hooks are flying.

Judy good luck at WW. I bet the confirmation will be so fun.

Morning Julie.:)

Cara- it sounds like the Happy Yellow House is Happy again !

Tab- yep, those toyboxes -- no wonder your mojo was lost-- them things are DANGEROUS sometimes . Sam said Cam has more stuff here than WE do, which may be true .....

Linda- you continue to crank out some magical work with that hook and yarn. You are so good at the COLOR matching end of it too .

Archived