Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

ARGH!!!! That's it! I give up on these stupid bears. :grump There's some mighty, mighty fine bear patterns on the web and in my pattern collection but they're just not big enough dadgum it :no I'm just gonna design my own which is what I shoulda done in the first place :P

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Shay, hope it is a good one for you.

I went out early this am and got my yarn for the casablanca, I got taupe instead of warm brown (couldnt find any) got lace instead of buff (couldnt find any) and then stayed with black. I am hoping those colors will look alright with that. I think the taupe and lace should be far enough apart in color. Im not real good with changing colors on things. Although I think a burgandy, navy, and white might look pretty with that one to.

Andrea, your colors sound lovely! I bought some Taupe the other day and it looks exactly like some RHSS Cafe that I had at home. The Casa is a beautiful patttern. :hook

Linda, wow! Round Ripples, Lotl, designs...you are definitely multi-tasking lately. :eek And it means more pictures, I hope. :D I'm going for a check-up tomorrow and hopefully they'll have their flu vaccine in by now. I am such a big chicken about going to the dr. :blush

Cara, I'll bet your design will be wonderful. Let us know what you come up with. :yes

Poor Cara

those bears are giving you fits, aren't they ?

Mary -glad to know I'm not the only one who is scared of doctors -- I'm getting over that real quick though. As much as i've gone lately, it's kinda like going to the store -- no big deal .

Well, the doctor is the one who gave Kim and I our shots and they didn't hurt a bit. The nurse didn't want Kim mad at her again. The last time she poked Kim in the fingers for blood tests Kim gave her such a dirty look she almost shrivelled up and died on the spot. Hehehehe! :laughroll:laughroll

Cara you crochet circles around me any day of the week and you know it. :devil No danger of forest fires here. Or melt down. I have to decide if I'm going to do an extra round on the RR or stop where I am. Looks good as is, but another round would look good, too, and I think I've got enough yarn of that color left to do it. Hmmmmm? :think

I was thinking about Mr. Train, too, Cara. That is my design, as is Mr. Rooster. Hmmmmmm! May have to shoot those two at you. Although I haven't actually done Mr. Rooster yet. :yarn:yarn:yarn

Boy, you ladies are smokin! I have seen some awesome work in here. Gosh, I wish I could remember who made the really pretty yellow/white Amish flower baskets one... that turned out sooooooo pretty! And all the rest of them. Wow. I need to spend some time just gawking at them!

I whipped out a baby lumberjack ghan over the weekend... woke up in the middle of the night are realized I hadn't made anything for a friend's new baby! :eek It looks "quiltish" so maybe I'll take a pic of it. Meanwhile, It's fun looking at all your gorgeous work!

Mare

Julie - I beginning to hate dem teddy bars :lol :lol

Linda - Woo!! :woo I knew I could sucker ummm....talk you into a little "pattern contribution" :D:hug

Mare - We'd love to see your baby lumberjack! :yes

Thanks Cara, Julie, Mary, and Linda for the compliments on the colors I started on the black squares only 415 more of them to go LOL. The squares do go really fast and it something I can carry along with me to do at sports and such so Im not worried about it taking me that long to make those, its the sewing together part that is gonna get me. Remember Julie the woven ribbon one? It is still sitting in a bag in the closet not completely sewn together yet lol

wow is busy in here. I just got back from taking the dog for a walk, it wasn't raining right this second and the wind died down a little. I worked on my baby blanket. I have to go into town for scouts so I thought I would just run to walmart and pick a few ounces of something up. I shouldn't waste gas right? Well I hope you are all doing good this evening. I will check in with you all later.:manyheart

I sure wish you all lived on my street, oh what fun we would have then:manyheart

You're right Britt. Wouldn't it be neat to have a in person meeting of all of us some time. Wow!!!

I opted not to add the extra row to the RR and have all the tails hidden and it's ready to go. 3 down & 4 or 5 more to go. One of them is a big question mark as to whether it will get down at all. One of them is over half done, so that's not to bad. It's only two colors and I'm bored with the pattern. They're so much more fun when there are at least four colors in the RR. Trouble insisted in being in the picture. Hehe! She does that a lot.

DCP_1216.jpg

Thank you. :bow Thank you. :bow Thank you. I decided to do another one before going back to the LotL. This one is for my niece and her family. It's in soft rainbow colors. The colors go orchid, light blue, frosty green, cornmeal, pumpkin, light raspberry and back to orchid. Dawn has 7 kids, 6 of them girls. Rainbow colors seemed appropriate. :devil

Hidey Ho Miss Mare

Good to see you ! :manyheart

The afghan you were talking about with the baskets is Wendy's from australia -- it is ALMOST done -- and yep, she did a fantastic job on it .

Mare- how about if YOU test out Linda's rooster quilt since she needs a photo of one done, and you like chickens ?

Linda- what are the colors in the rr you just posted ? Those are so pretty !

Andrea

Yep, I remember the woven ribbon -- geez, what a pain in the rump to put together . :yes:no

Britt- yep, if we all lived together on one street, we could be kinda like the Desperate Housewives, only we aint Desperate. At least I aint . :lol

Hi, Julie. The colors in the flame colored one are Carrot, Cornmeal, Gold, and Buff. I'm hoping to do the rooster for the neighbors, but don't know if I'll have time to do it before Christmas. I think it will be the next quiltghan unless someone else wants to do it before then. Anyone is free to use the patterns.

I sure wish you all lived on my street, oh what fun we would have then:manyheart
Can you imagine what would happen? Our DHs, kids, pets and homes would be totally neglected because we would be having show and tell, trading yarn and crocheting all the time. :lol

You're right Britt. Wouldn't it be neat to have a in person meeting of all of us some time. Wow!!!

I opted not to add the extra row to the RR and have all the tails hidden and it's ready to go. 3 down & 4 or 5 more to go. One of them is a big question mark as to whether it will get down at all. One of them is over half done, so that's not to bad. It's only two colors and I'm bored with the pattern. They're so much more fun when there are at least four colors in the RR. Trouble insisted in being in the picture. Hehe! She does that a lot.

DCP_1216.jpg

Absolutely beautiful and Trouble is so cute! Thanks for sharing. :manyheart

Can you imagine what would happen? Our DHs, kids, pets and homes would be totally neglected because we would be having show and tell, trading yarn and crocheting all the time. :lol

You say this like it's a bad thing :D

Hi, Tabby. Yeah, the rooster was giving Cara fits, so I took a stab at it using little tiny picture of rooster that I found in a magazine, gridded, and simplified. This yielded Mr. Rooster, an as yet untried pattern.

DCP_1144.jpg

Archived