Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening everyone.

Judy is having a break at the moment and is catching up on reading etc. Judy I miss chatting to you in here.:hug

Tabby are you feeling better.:hug

Well I did a few squares tonight then did 13 rows on the baby blanket. Im taking the girls to the pool tomorrow so am going to take my yarn with me to make loads of squares.

Well I think I will go to bed now.

Have a great day.

Good morning ladies :flower

See how close we've all gotten? One of the pack disappears and we all panic until we know what the deal is :D:manyheart Hope you get some rest Judy :hug

Okie dokie my Thursday out is off the agenda for today which to tell the truth doesn't bother me one bit. I don't have anything I need to get done out there and I'm on a roll with the bear so I'd rather just hang out here all day :hook Funny how life works itself out ain't it?

Well, back to the hook :hook

Have a happy day y'all :manyheart

My lunch out with DH's sister is off the agenda, too. I cancelled...she is hard to take on a good day. :( She comes to town once or twice a year and gives us instructions on taking care of MIL...which we've been doing for at least 25 years. (and FIL for 10 years before that) The rest of the year, she sends irritating emails. There has never been a thank you or loving comment. DH will be home this evening and she leaves Sat. :cheer

And thank you for letting me vent - I feel much better. :lol

Not much going on for me today I had an interview this am and now should be doing laundry and cleaning but dont feel to much like it. I hope to get some more squares done for my casablanca today I would like to get the first two rows at the top sewn together today. I hope everyone has a great day.

Morning all, I see some of us are here,that is good. I hope you all have a great day. I have to go to school and volunteer in my dd class. Then run some papers to the police dept. We had our first snow in the moutain pass yesterday and I think some today. I can only imagine what that might mean when we actually get to winter. I don't drive in the snow ever have and never will. I hope to get started on the kitty quilt today. I am still working on the baby blanket but I only need to do a few more rows I have already done 63rows I only need 68. I will check in later have a great day :manyheart

krystal good luck in the coop.:hen :hen

Krystal - Good luck with the coop :)

Andrea - Bah! Don't clean. Just kick a clear path and have 'em buy new underwear on the way home :D

Britt - SNOW?!?! Geez it's gonna be 92 degrees here today and you're getting snow! I could stand a little cool air but you can keep the snow :lol Lived in NY for 5 years and had all the snow I need for a lifetime :yes

Britt - SNOW?!?! Geez it's gonna be 92 degrees here today and you're getting snow! I could stand a little cool air but you can keep the snow :lol Lived in NY for 5 years and had all the snow I need for a lifetime :yes

---------

Cara, I'm so sad! All week our weather guys have been promising us a cold front this weekend, Sunday's high only 80.

Guess what! They took it back! They say the front isn't strong enough to make it our way. For the foreseeable future - sunny and hot in the 90s (tomorrow's supposed to be 95!).

I'm so sick of all this hot weather. :yes

---------

Cara, I'm so sad! All week our weather guys have been promising us a cold front this weekend, Sunday's high only 80.

Guess what! They took it back! They say the front isn't strong enough to make it our way. For the foreseeable future - sunny and hot in the 90s (tomorrow's supposed to be 95!).

I'm so sick of all this hot weather. :yes

Yep yep :( But actually this has been a really mild summer. We only had one 100 degree day. That scares me. When the summer's that mild around here it usually means we're gonna have a very ugly winter :( Doesn't happen often but when it does WOW! Snow. Ice. Power failure. Not fun.

Hi Krystal, good luck with your project...how many chickens do you have now? The hen house used to be my "job" when visiting aunts and uncles on Iowa farms as a child. Auntie Marie always had fried chicken on Sundays and when I discovered where it came from, I couldn't eat chicken for years. :D

Andrea, I agree with Cara. Make it a crochet day. :hook

Britt, will we see pictures of your WIPs? We love pictures. :yes

Thanks, Cara. MIL has always been more of a mom than my own mom and DH is so caring.

Better get busy again. Off to the store and then I can crochet.

Renee and Cara ~ Maybe the three of us could go north for a couple of weeks (or months?) and come back when it's cooler. I'm so ready for it, too! :yes

----------

Sign me up! The older I get, the more attractive Alaska looks to me!

I am going to Baltimore in a few weeks for a week for business, so maybe I'll have some cooler weather then.

Renee and Cara ~ Maybe the three of us could go north for a couple of weeks (or months?) and come back when it's cooler. I'm so ready for it, too! :yes

Now that's not a half bad idea :lol :lol :lol

Since tomorrow is looking like a busy day, I thought I'd make it Photo Thursday. ;) (Clickable)

This is the Fall Ghan with 2 of 9 completed blocks - a one armed Scarecrow, a crow with no legs, and part of a gold leaf. :lol

th_FallGhan002.jpg

Sideways view of a cable scarf; it's about 6 1/2 inches wide and will be about 60 inches long when finished.

th_CableScarf.jpg

Oh wow, Mary!! Your fall ghan is looking so great!! :clap:cheer I think that just motivated me to get through this bear double quick so I can concentrate on mine :yes Love that scarf as well! Excellent work :manyheart

Mary that looks great! I think you need my mailing address for that don't you?

And all you hot weather gals...how about a house swap in lets say ummm February? It will be plenty cold here then and I HATE cold weather! I just don't know how I ever ended up not living in a warmer part of the U.S.!

Archived