Just how old are you?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be 56 in 3weeks and have been crocheting since I was 15. Yikes, 41years?! It's relaxing, I'm addicted. As my mother (she's the one who taught me) said, 'there are worse things to be addicted to!'

I'm 30 and have been crocheting since I was 9 or 10. I was probably doing chains and chains, and maybe some sc since I was 5 though :lol: Anything tougher than that was when I was a little older.

20 years already, sheesh!

I'm 28 and a friend taught me to crochet the basics (ch, sc, and dc) about 6 years ago. I've since taught myself a lot through books and online sources. And now I'm helping two friends who are a few years younger to crochet.:hook

Im 23..Not sure how long.. since i cant remember when I first learned DX. I got told off a time or two by the principal(In Middleschool) whenever I brought my hook/needles(was never very good at knitting.. still aint XD) in.. he said he was too distracting for the other students.. o.O And in case of the needles.. They looked.. weapon-like -.-. I did have a few teachers who didnt mind me working on whatever.. as long as I had all my class work done though. Highschool was too.. busy for me to take stuff with me to work on.. plus the added risk that some..brat.. would steal it..(It did happen a few times.)

I'm 19 and have been crocheting for about 6 months. Not long at all! :/ But I love to do it. It keeps me busy and gives me something to do when I'm watching tv or a movie.

My aunt taught me how to crochet. We're the southpaws in the family so I was lucky enough to have her teach me how to crochet. My grandma tried teaching me yearsss ago but she was right handed so I couldn't really pick it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be 23 in July, and I've been crocheting since I was six, so that's... seventeen years, give or take. I can't remember exactly when my Aunt Baudelia taught me how to crochet, so it might be a little more or less, depending.

I've been knitting for a couple of years, but I just don't enjoy it the same way I do crochet. I have to pay much more attention to it to ensure that I'm doing it correctly and I'm much more inclined to make mistakes because I don't understand the craft as well, but if I find a pattern that I absolutely have to make and it's a knitting pattern, I soldier on through it. LOL.

I've never had any sisters or anything of the like to teach crochet or knitting to, so I'm hoping to one day have a daughter who will take an interest in the craft. My fiance and I haven't decided about children yet, so that might not happen. Who knows?

I'm 27 going to be 28 on July 23rd..I've been crocheting on and off since my mom taught me at age 7....But I feel like a kid and act like one. Mom says "growing old is mandatory, but growing up is not"..

• 2 weeks later...

I will be 72 next Monday. Now I feel old, I went thru the list and there was only one person older than me.

I self taught from a book, when I was 19, so I guess it has been 53 years.

But alot of those years I was not :crocheting, I was raising kids, and working to support them. :yay

47, self taught 5 years ago, quit for awhile, just getting back into it. Tried teaching myself how to knit, but gave up, kept getting my hands tangled up. I'll stick to crochet.

I'm Malisa I'll be 19 in 26 days and will have been crocheting for a year on the 12th. I walk around with a skein of yarn in my purse everyday to crochet if I get bored in a line or in the car. :D glad to see I'm not alone in the "young Crocheters" age group anymore.

I'm 17 and I've been crocheting since I was around 8'ish.

The whole "crochet is for older women" thing gets anoying, I tend to get stares and rude comments when I go to the store and buy a handful of skeins.