DustyChica

Just how old are you?

I'm 30...I've only been crocheting for a few months! Lol. My baby sister is 10 and this summer I'm going to attempt to teach her!

I'm 28 years old and started crocheting about nine months ago.

I'm 36. I have been crocheting since 2002. I also knit, needle tat.

I am 31, been crocheting for maybe 2 or 3 years now, trying to teach my 6yo daughter but i think she is just a tad to young yet. I am pretty much self taught, but my MIL taught me to read patterens, then all of you here help me out when I get stuck :D

I'm 52 and my mum taught me to crochet when I was 8. My mum was a great knitter and she crocheted more like she knitted - held the hook the wrong way round and put the wool over - just like knitting! It was a school friend who showed me how to hold both correctly. When I showed my mum she was amazed at the speed of the process BUT no matter how many times I showed her she just could not adjust to it!

I am 39, my 9 year old daughter crochets too.

I'm 59 and learned to crochet on You Tube in March of 2010. I just inherited my Mom's hooks so her fav hooks have become my fav hooks. Except of course the Jimbo hooks I just got!

I'm 49.

I learned from my grandmother when I was 9 or 10. I played with it on and off but have gotten fully addicted for the last 5 years. :)

I'm 46 and I don't remember learning to crochet, so I must have been pretty young when I learned. I'd guess it was my maternal grandmother who taught me, she liked to do crafty things like that!

I'm 62. I must have started when I was 16 or 17. It's been an on and off thing. I've been crocheting pretty steadily the last couple of years. I mostly make charity afghans.

• Like 1

I'm 53, and learned to crochet when I was 13 at school, but just the basic stitches. I taught myself to do everything else, from books and magazines. I've crocheted just about everything, but I espcially like to make doilies. I also taught myself to knit many years ago, but I'm too slow so I don't do it anymore. I also like to cross stitch, and also know many other embroidery stitches. I have taught my daughter to cross stitch.

Edited by pixie56
spell check

Right, it's official, I am the youngest person on the 'ville! I'm only 13, I feel like a baby!

I'm a self-taught crocheter and my Mum taught me how to knit when i was about... 7 or 8 i think. :think

I thought I was the youngest on here! I guess I got beat!:D

I'm 14 and I've been crocheting around 4 years.:hook I don't think I'll stop!:manyheart

I'm 48 and have been crocheting for about 38 years. I started with a blanket and am now progressing to many other things.

I taught someone to crochet a couple of weeks ago :clap:). I said that she must teach at least one other person now :):)

My Mum taught me to crochet btw.... glad she did!

I am 37. My mother taught me how to make a granny square baby doll blanket when I was 12. She got so frustrated with me because I wouldn't hold the yarn correctly. LOL. I still don't (can't), I keep trying though. I made a few baby afghans in the mid 90's, other than that nothing. I taught myself to read patterns.

Since joining the 'ville, I have branched out to doilies, purses, wearables, and toys. Although I have to admit afghans are still my favorites. So all told, I have probably been crocheting for about 4 years.

I am 70! I taught myself how to crochet and knit!

• Like 2

I am 62 been crocheting for 30 years

• Like 1

I am 23 and I have been crocheting on and off since I was 9. Actually my friend Melissa got me back into again about a year and a half ago.

i'm 23. i've been crocheting since i was 8. :)

I'm 45 and have been crocheting for 33 years now. Wow I just did the math good grief.