Just how old are you?

• 1 month later...

I am 31, been crocheting for maybe 2 or 3 years now, trying to teach my 6yo daughter but i think she is just a tad to young yet. I am pretty much self taught, but my MIL taught me to read patterens, then all of you here help me out when I get stuck :D

I'm 52 and my mum taught me to crochet when I was 8. My mum was a great knitter and she crocheted more like she knitted - held the hook the wrong way round and put the wool over - just like knitting! It was a school friend who showed me how to hold both correctly. When I showed my mum she was amazed at the speed of the process BUT no matter how many times I showed her she just could not adjust to it!

I'm 59 and learned to crochet on You Tube in March of 2010. I just inherited my Mom's hooks so her fav hooks have become my fav hooks. Except of course the Jimbo hooks I just got!

I'm 62. I must have started when I was 16 or 17. It's been an on and off thing. I've been crocheting pretty steadily the last couple of years. I mostly make charity afghans.

• Like 1

I'm 53, and learned to crochet when I was 13 at school, but just the basic stitches. I taught myself to do everything else, from books and magazines. I've crocheted just about everything, but I espcially like to make doilies. I also taught myself to knit many years ago, but I'm too slow so I don't do it anymore. I also like to cross stitch, and also know many other embroidery stitches. I have taught my daughter to cross stitch.

Edited by pixie56
spell check

Right, it's official, I am the youngest person on the 'ville! I'm only 13, I feel like a baby!

I'm a self-taught crocheter and my Mum taught me how to knit when i was about... 7 or 8 i think. :think

I thought I was the youngest on here! I guess I got beat!:D

I'm 14 and I've been crocheting around 4 years.:hook I don't think I'll stop!:manyheart

I'm 48 and have been crocheting for about 38 years. I started with a blanket and am now progressing to many other things.

I taught someone to crochet a couple of weeks ago :clap:). I said that she must teach at least one other person now :):)

My Mum taught me to crochet btw.... glad she did!

I am 37. My mother taught me how to make a granny square baby doll blanket when I was 12. She got so frustrated with me because I wouldn't hold the yarn correctly. LOL. I still don't (can't), I keep trying though. I made a few baby afghans in the mid 90's, other than that nothing. I taught myself to read patterns.

Since joining the 'ville, I have branched out to doilies, purses, wearables, and toys. Although I have to admit afghans are still my favorites. So all told, I have probably been crocheting for about 4 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...