Just how old are you?

I am 48 and am pretty much self taught, have been crocheting 5 or 6 years........oh how I wish I had listened to Gram and my Aunt when they tried to teach me in younger years. My 24 year old DD has not picked it up yet, but has hooks, a book and yarn for when the bug bites.

I am 36 and I've been crocheting for a little over a year... newbie! Trying to teach my 13-year-old daughter, but she gets frustrated easily so I gave her a book and told her to have at it.

I'm 32, and I learned how to crochet at school. We did a granny square first, and I was the only one who figured it out the first try! I began a lap blanket, but lost it over the years. I began crocheting again this past Christmas, so it's been almost a year since I restarted. Now I can't figure out what I want to make next!

I am 33. I have been crocheting for 2 years. I have had 8 year old students bring projects to school to work on with me...love that!

I am 51 and started crocheting when I was 13 from a home economics class in Jr. High School. :cheer I was taught to knit too but dropped some stitches and had to start over and swore I wouldn't never knit again and haven't so far! :yes

I see we have 2 thirteen year olds and some 14 year olds.. :clap that is wonderful! I was shocked how many 20 - 30 year olds there are... :hook

• 2 months later...

I'm 34 and have been crocheting for probably 30 years. Not continuously though. I had a few years here and there where I hardly crocheted at all. In the past year or so I've really gotten back into it and I've been crocheting at least a few days a week if not every day.

I'm 38 and my grandma taught me when I was really young around 12 or 13. It didn't stick too good, I think I just made a baby blanket. lol Then when I got a few years older, she showed me again. When I was in my early 20's, I made afghans for my grandma, parents and brother for Christmas. Then when I got married, I made one for my husband. That was pretty much it as I was more into cross stitching. A couple months ago, my daughter asked me to teach her so I started back. I've made 6 hats and a bunch of toys. I love working on rounds which I had never done.

It's very therapeutic for me.

I am mid 40's and have been crocheting since around the age if 8 to 10. I am so glad to see young folks crocheting and taking their "gift" with them to school! I was told a few months ago that our "craft" was dying.

I just hit 30 and have been crocheting off and on for about six years, but I only REALLY got into it this past Spring. I've been a yarn nut ever since. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 39. Started crocheting when I was about 8. Mom taught me. I crocheted with her for about four years and then lost the habit. When I was pregnant with my son (who is sixteen almost seventeen), I started up again. It didn't take long to fall back into it.

I even taught him to crochet when he was about 9. Not that he does it much anymore.

I'm really glad to see so many under 25's crocheting. When I got started it was stereotyped as an old lady hobby. I never understood that. It's an awesome stress buster.

I will hit the big 40 this year bummer!! I started crocheting well at 9/10 maybe. My mom taught me to chain and sc. But didn't really start picking it up till about 8 1/2 to 9 years ago I think. Got into it again because I was a stay at home mom with nothing to do. So I taught myself to read patterns and took off from there. Now I have a full time job and not enough time to crochet. There should be a law that states that we crafters should have a few days a week we dont work for crafting. And we should have our own holiday. LOL!!!

I'm 57 and have been crocheting for about seven years. A crocheted doily I received as a gift from my aunt inspired me to learn how to crochet. I asked her a few questions about the basics and from then on I taught myself.