Just how old are you?

27. I made a 10mile long string of chain when my mom taught me when I was 7. Doing what my mom said soon became something I wanted nothing to do with :devil I didn't start crocheting again until a few years ago but now it's an illness of which there is no hope.

Looking at the youthfulness of this crowd -- so many of you in your 20s and 30s -- gave me a giggle, because . . . yesterday a canasta friend who is probably fifty-something said her husband hates it when she crochets because it makes her look old! And, left unsaid was that it makes him feel old. I think if I were her I'd tell him that cooking his dinner nightly for a zillion years makes her feel old.

I was recalling that my late dad used to say when I was crocheting he thought it was comforting. And he was in his eighties.

• 4 months later...

My aunt taught me how to do a granny square when I was about 13. It was so hard to learn because I felt like I was doing it wrong to what she was doing back then because she was showing me right handed and I was mirroring it to do it left handed. She would get so frustrated at me. Now I will 30 the end of this month and just recently got back onto crocheting. I am loving learning new stitches but I have to watch YouTube videos on how to do them. And yes most of them are from right handed people and I just mirror what they are doing

I'm 38 and started crocheting in grade 5 so about 9 or 10 yrs old. My odd is 14 and I taught her at age 10, my mdd is 12 and was also taught at 10 but its a bit harder for her, my ydd is 8 and I taught her last year to do a single crochet, lets just say we had alot of rope from single crochet. But my odd and mdd are awesome at the knifty knitter, I unfortunatly cannot get the hang of it, go figure.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

40 year old learned to crochet some when I was younger around 10.. Picked it back up about age 26 but only to crochet Tea-Towel Toppers each year as Xmas Gifts then about 4 years ago I started crocheting alot to assist w/ carpel tunnel issues in my hands I currently crochet to donate to Hospice..

About a year ago I taught my 21 year old daughter to crochet & she is moving right along with projects!!!

Edited by Jayashiangel

It's so nice to see so many younger people crocheting. I'm 44 and learned around 17. In the last few years just learned how to read patterns. Teach the young now to read patterns. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after reading all the posts -Guess I am still the oldest

Wrote awhile back when I was 83 but now 86--time does fly by

and Still crocheting

So happy all the young ones that are crocheting!!!

Taught a few Grandaughters and friends myself

Happy crocheting and Keep it up !!!!!!

• Like 2