Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

Beautiful, Raccoon! And GREAT IDEA, DebraKay! Sue, I dropped a glass that shattered and had brownies cooling on the counter. Didn't even think about it until I tested one~thank goodness I was the only one that did. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure my insides hurt... LOL! Chucked 'em and am TORKED, because it was one awesome brownie! The next batch I cooked too long. ~frown~ Talked with a nurse, and I'm fine. But yuck. This whole week has been just.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA that our bodies are SO amazing! Choosing to spare you the talk on bile though~HA!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful, Raccoon! And GREAT IDEA, DebraKay! Sue, I dropped a glass that shattered and had brownies cooling on the counter. Didn't even think about it until I tested one~thank goodness I was the only one that did. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure my insides hurt... LOL! Chucked 'em and am TORKED, because it was one awesome brownie! The next batch I cooked too long. ~frown~ Talked with a nurse, and I'm fine. But yuck. This whole week has been just.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA that our bodies are SO amazing! Choosing to spare you the talk on bile though~HA!

Oh Sandi I'm so sorry to hear about your glass eating experience. Glad you are doing okay. (((Hugs to you)))

:hug

Those are beautiful dish cloths! Love the cotton! I just picked up some I ♥ This Cotton yesterday as it was on sale for $1.99 a skein. Think this may be the pattern I use. Seems almost too pretty to be cleaning oil from animals, but maybe it will cheer up the volunteers.

You could just take some scrap cotton yarn and make some not so pretty cloths to send along . . .

Very pretty Raccoon!!

Sue, I dropped a glass that shattered and had brownies cooling on the counter. Didn't even think about it until I tested one~thank goodness I was the only one that did. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure my insides hurt... LOL! Chucked 'em and am TORKED, because it was one awesome brownie! The next batch I cooked too long. ~frown~ Talked with a nurse, and I'm fine. But yuck. This whole week has been just.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Oh my! I'm sorry! For possibly eating glass and having to chuck the brownies! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Bless your heart!!!

My goodness. I'm glad you're okay!:hug:hug:hug

:heart

:mug

Racoon, those are some really pretty dishcloths.

Sue, I dropped a glass that shattered and had brownies cooling on the counter. Didn't even think about it until I tested one~thank goodness I was the only one that did. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure my insides hurt... LOL! Chucked 'em and am TORKED, because it was one awesome brownie! The next batch I cooked too long. ~frown~ Talked with a nurse, and I'm fine. But yuck. This whole week has been just.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi, what a lousy experience, not only did you eat glass, but you had to throw away chocolate!!!!!!!:thumbdown

Y'all make my day~*THANK YOU!!!* I know I'm overly dramatic, but it's been such a hard week. We're trying to get ready for a vacation (NOT a sob story, but it's our first time away in seven years! What a gift!!!!), I was trying to freeze meals, our refrigerator/freezer is dying, my darling got laid off today, we got a new van (to us) and have had to take it in many times the last two weeks with no resolution, there's been strife amongst the brethren, and my (very easy-to-obtain, low-bar) cleaning goals have not been met 'cuz I haven't cracked the whip at home very well I'm afraid. LOL! I've cried many times this week (was laughed at one of those cries by someone I really love~WAH!) and just KNOW it's working patience, perserverance, hope, etc.... Right? It's truly not ANYTHING like what so many are going through! Still, Hermitsville is sounding better and better and better and better and... LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~sorry to be so off topic!

Y'all make my day~*THANK YOU!!!* I know I'm overly dramatic, but it's been such a hard week. We're trying to get ready for a vacation (NOT a sob story, but it's our first time away in seven years! What a gift!!!!), I was trying to freeze meals, our refrigerator/freezer is dying, my darling got laid off today, we got a new van (to us) and have had to take it in many times the last two weeks with no resolution, there's been strife amongst the brethren, and my (very easy-to-obtain, low-bar) cleaning goals have not been met 'cuz I haven't cracked the whip at home very well I'm afraid. LOL! I've cried many times this week (was laughed at one of those cries by someone I really love~WAH!) and just KNOW it's working patience, perserverance, hope, etc.... Right? It's truly not ANYTHING like what so many are going through! Still, Hermitsville is sounding better and better and better and better and... LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~sorry to be so off topic!

Awww! You are just having a rough time aren't you! :hug Sometimes a good cry helps us out so much emotionally! Men don't understand what a release that is. Take care and I hope things start looking up! :hug

Everyone's latest cloths look so nice. Sandi, I am sorry you ate glass.:( I hope you will be okay. And I hope things start looking up for you. I had to quit homeschooling my kids, because I was like that all the time. (Emotionally) I hope you have a nice, uneventful, vacation. :)

I finished a garterlac dishcloth. Criminy Jickets Garterlac dishcloth. (The pattern is in the sidebar, it's a PDF file and I can't get it to link..) I tried this pattern; like 5 years ago, and could not get it. It was the pattern 'of the week' (although it's every two weeks now) in a dishcloth group I am in on Ravelry; this week. I tried it, and "got it". Although, I have to say, I did have to rip it out (and almost just frogged the whole thing) a couple times, and re-do it. I need total concentration to do this cloth. (Not easy in this house..) Oh, this set of pictures really helped me!: Garterlac Instruction photo 1

post-20-135897542163_thumb.jpg

Everyone's latest cloths look so nice. Sandi, I am sorry you ate glass.:( I hope you will be okay. And I hope things start looking up for you. I had to quit homeschooling my kids, because I was like that all the time. (Emotionally) I hope you have a nice, uneventful, vacation. :)

I finished a garterlac dishcloth. Criminy Jickets Garterlac dishcloth. (The pattern is in the sidebar, it's a PDF file and I can't get it to link..) I tried this pattern; like 5 years ago, and could not get it. It was the pattern 'of the week' (although it's every two weeks now) in a dishcloth group I am in on Ravelry; this week. I tried it, and "got it". Although, I have to say, I did have to rip it out (and almost just frogged the whole thing) a couple times, and re-do it. I need total concentration to do this cloth. (Not easy in this house..) Oh, this set of pictures really helped me!: Garterlac Instruction photo 1

Hi Thanks so much to the link to this dishcloth pattern and the pictures to show how to do it. You are awesome. Hugs Brenda

I love that Tina!!!

LOVE IT!!!

I have made so many of those!!!!

Now that is cool! I'll have to make one of those someday.. :D

My dishcloth show & share for the day....

batman signal dishcloth

[ATTACH]22368[/ATTACH]

:mug

• 2 weeks later...

Cindy that dishcloth is really pretty. I like the contrast between the purple and the white a lot.

I am in need of some new dishcloths and made one this weekend. I would have liked it to be a little larger, but I ran out of yarn. The pattern is one I found on the forum. It makes a nice thin, but fairly solid dishcloth, which is how I like mine.

post-6189-135897544776_thumb.jpg

We're baaaack! :) Had a great vacation, it's great to be home, and WHEW! As you can see, I'm fine from the glass. :) I wish I could express the gratitude of my heart for your encouragements~*THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH!!!!* Here's my contribution to your beautiful dishcloths~I left these for those who had to clean our cabin after we left (though we did try to do a good job of neatenin' up!). (((((HUGS))))) sandi

post-15188-13589754479_thumb.jpg

Archived