lady in the Lake

Donna Gresiuk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not JUST a prize winning afghan..... it is a WORK OF ART!!!!!

Your talent is amazing !!!!!! This is a challenge not many would try.

Stunning, georgeous, beautiful...... Hard to find words to describe this.

I am speechless.

Thanks for sharing.

do you mind my asking how you go about making your patterns?? i know you said you used a stain glass pattern, but figuiring the count and stuff... I've not tried doing that much yet, and looking for hints and suggestions.

Sandy

do you mind my asking how you go about making your patterns?? i know you said you used a stain glass pattern, but figuiring the count and stuff... I've not tried doing that much yet, and looking for hints and suggestions.

Sandy

I use a computer program. and then I sit and fix what it makes so that all the lones are thinner and in the right places....

I use a computer program. and then I sit and fix what it makes so that all the lones are thinner and in the right places....

may i ask which program? or where to get it?

Sandy

I modified a stainglass pattern.

I love doing these types of blankets they really challenge me.

the hardest part is fining yarn in the colors I want.

I love your afghan! Your comment about modifying a stained glass pattern gave me an idea. I noticed my photo software had an option called "Stained Glass" under special effects. That may solve my dread of trying to modify a real photo in order to make it usable for a graph ghan. Thank you for the inspiration.:manyheart

Archived