Anyone do this?

I was wondering what kind of crazy tips everyone has! Mine of course is a great tip! I always crochet sitting in bed while my husband is trying to go to sleep! Well I have used the closet light, tv light, a lamp, bathroom light and it all bothers him! So the other day we were at Wal Mart and my oldest son Shane picked up a book light since he is obsessed with flash lights he snuck it into the buggy. At check out I saw it and took it out then I realized Hey I can use this! Well Shane got mad I didnt get it for him but I promised Id get him one next trip to Wal Mart! That night I busted out the book light and it had a clamp on it! I put that straight into my hair on the top of my head and WAMMO! I can finally crochet in bed next to the hubby and not BOTHER him anymore! IT works perfect! I can see my pattern and what I am doing! It was only $1.47 and LED light!

Thank you Shaney!

I have the same problem, I can't crochet in bed because all the lights bother my husband. I can't find a book light here, I had one a long time ago, and it broke about a year ago. I used to go into the living room to crochet but we have a newborn and I can't leave our room at night in case he wakes up. I have a lamp next to my bed and I would clamp it onto the lamp shade. The things kids do...hehe... :o)

I have a light that hangs around my neck but it also has 3 different sizes of magnifying lenses with it. You can use the light alone or in conjunction with a magnifying lense. I have used it in the bedroom at night so I won't disturb my husband. I have also used it in the car while we were traveling. I have even used it in a regular lite room while I was crocheting with dark yarn. The light helps me to see my stitches more easily. I have even used the light as well as 0one of the magnifying lenses in order to see my stitches while crocheting with dark yarn. I love mine.

They also have baseball hats with two led lights in the brim :D I bought one for my son over the summer and I use it to crochet in the car at night and in bed :) I also bought a cheap camping lantern in the shape of a frog at the dollar store and I keep it on the bedside table, it gives enough light so that I can see what I am doing but it doesn't bother anyone else.

• 1 month later...

Check bookstores after Christmas- they have booklights on clearance. I got a $10 booklight and the $10 adapter that was sold separately for $1 each- and never have to buy batteries!

It is not easy finding the replacement bulbs, though :|

DH sleeps through anything, though, so I mainly just use it in the car- OR when I'm crocheting black. I think I am getting old.

Darn, I'm a bad wife. I just close the bedroom door, go to another room and turn on all the lights I want and the tv too!! Then I go the kitchen, get a snack, something to drink, crochet until I'm sleepy, then go the bed. I think I'm a really bad wife!!!:devil

LOL. I could crochet with the lights and tv on in our room. DH would sleep through it. But DH works nights so I get my crochet in before he gets home or in the am while DS meditates in front of Dora the Explorer. (I don't get more than 30 minutes with DS around...so I do a lot of easy stuff that I can either finish or pick up at a later time so that I don't get confused and have to frog a project.)

Archived