November Shawl - FINALLY!!

Finally, after a very busy month, the November shawl is ready to go! I named it "Snow on the Pines" because it's a dark green variegated chenille coupled with a white chenille. It reminds me of pine trees with snow on them. :)

post-10342-135897475059_thumb.jpg

Your "Snow on the Pines" shawl is so pretty, Elle!!! Lucky the lady that finds herself wrapped up in its warmth. :yes I second Joanne's thanks for all you do and for the light you bring to C'ville! :hug

Oh Elle how beautiful. The name is perfect. It looks like it will be nice an snuggly (such a word?).

I will be checking this thread out :lurk to see who the lucky person is. I will keep my fingers crossed for you all.:xfin

Oh wow!! That is so pretty!! That is such a neat name for your shawl!! It reminds me of all the snow on the pine trees making the branches bend as if they were getting ready to snap from the heaviness of the snow. Oh how I miss those days!!(well kinda, I don't think my bones could take all that cold anymore!!:eek:lol :lol

beautiful shawl as always. It reminds me of the winter with the snow on the pine trees. I wonder who the lucky person will be. I will be checking this post to see when it is sent and where it makes its new home.

I agree with everyone else such a beautiful shawl with an equally beautiful name. Now who is the lucky person going to be? Honestly between Tampa Doll's Crochetville bags, Turtlelvr's tote/purse and your shawls the suspense never ends. I am always wondering who the lucky person is going to be. I think I live on needles and pins. So how come I can't lose any weight?

Thank you, everyone, for all the lovely compliments on the shawl! I really do enjoy making these so much, but it's even more fun seeing all the excitement of everyone waiting to see who gets it! The most fun of all, however, is the excitement of the new owner! It just really makes my whole month to see the happy reaction! This month's shawl will be hitting the trail on Monday because I am hoping to have it in its new home by Thanksgiving! Hopefully the mail will cooperate and that will be possible. If not, then hopefully someone's "Black Friday" will include a package from me! :hook

Also, I have all four of December's shawls well underway! I decided that, rather than work on each one to completion and then start the next one, that I would work on one for a few hours and then switch over to one of the others, and so on until they are all done. This way they will all be ready to go by the first week of December, and one will be mailed out each week of the month. I don't want to give any hints on colors or yarns yet, but I WILL say that these four are some of the prettiest, most unusual combinations I've done yet! :devil

Thank you, everyone, for all the lovely compliments on the shawl! I really do enjoy making these so much, but it's even more fun seeing all the excitement of everyone waiting to see who gets it! The most fun of all, however, is the excitement of the new owner! It just really makes my whole month to see the happy reaction! This month's shawl will be hitting the trail on Monday because I am hoping to have it in its new home by Thanksgiving! Hopefully the mail will cooperate and that will be possible. If not, then hopefully someone's "Black Friday" will include a package from me! :hook

Also, I have all four of December's shawls well underway! I decided that, rather than work on each one to completion and then start the next one, that I would work on one for a few hours and then switch over to one of the others, and so on until they are all done. This way they will all be ready to go by the first week of December, and one will be mailed out each week of the month. I don't want to give any hints on colors or yarns yet, but I WILL say that these four are some of the prettiest, most unusual combinations I've done yet! :devil

I agree that the most fun is waiting to see the person's reaction to the package. As I just told bgs, her picture of her stanging ther smiling made my month and made it work making and giving the bags.

Now to start lurking:lurk to see who gets this beautiful shawl.

tnkycrochetnut is right, it seems that we are forever lurking to see who the lucky person is, but that is what makes this place so much fun.:hook

Archived