a star quilt afghan

Afghaniac

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you make your diamonds? Ch3 and increase on each side then decrease on each side to go down to opposite point?

Thanks! I've done a search for the pattern and can't find anything so guess I'll just try to make the diamonds myself. I tried one yesterday from another pattern but it was too large. I'll try another today starting with a ch2

Thanks! I've done a search for the pattern and can't find anything so guess I'll just try to make the diamonds myself. I tried one yesterday from another pattern but it was too large. I'll try another today starting with a ch2

I just got the book yesterday that this pattern is in! It is called McCall's Super-Book of Afghans Vol. 2. It is an old magazine from 1979. I was able to find it with lots of help from one of my dear friends here at the Ville!!!

I just got the book yesterday that this pattern is in! It is called McCall's Super-Book of Afghans Vol. 2. It is an old magazine from 1979. I was able to find it with lots of help from one of my dear friends here at the Ville!!!

This is the same book I have, I found it on ebay within the last year I think.

Wow, you are soooo lucky! I searched Amazon, ebay and all other places I could fine. No place had it

It's beautiful. I know how warm it is. Two years ago I wound up repairing one. It was the last thing their grandma had made and it was coming undone everywhere. I became a believer in leaving long ends to weave in after seeing it as it appears she had just trimmed the threads. I had to repair some of the diamonds and then redid every seam on it.

I'm so glad you were able to find that source. I'm usually much better about sourcing, but my memory of this one really eluded me. :think Hope you'll post photos before too long!

It's beautiful. I know how warm it is. Two years ago I wound up repairing one. It was the last thing their grandma had made and it was coming undone everywhere. I became a believer in leaving long ends to weave in after seeing it as it appears she had just trimmed the threads. I had to repair some of the diamonds and then redid every seam on it.

I applaud you for making that huge effort to repair. A great example of how important it is to weave in fairly long ends, no matter how tedious it seems at the time. One of my pet peeves is seeing a freshly crocheted afghan with little ends sticking up all over the back, where the creator had not trimmed close enough to the work.

Archived