a star quilt afghan

Afghaniac

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I really like this star afghan. I'm a bid 3D and dimensional guy and would like to make it in colors to form tumbling blocks. Does anyone know where I can get the pattern? Is it available or is it a copyright?

Thanks...........David

Wow! I really like this star afghan. I'm a bid 3D and dimensional guy and would like to make it in colors to form tumbling blocks. Does anyone know where I can get the pattern? Is it available or is it a copyright?

Thanks...........David

Check out Message No. 79 on this thread. I think that may be the book I got my pattern from a long time ago. I must have photocopied it for myself from a book that is lost in the piles of crochet books on my shelves.

This has taken me forever, but I finally found where I got the pattern. Some ten years of collecting every afghan pattern under the sun has created a real mess for me -- no matter how many organizing efforts I've made and systems I've created.

Anyway, I had made myself a working copy from a book I own called Quilts and Afghans, published by McCall's in 1984. You can find several copies available at dealoz.com by searching on the title. Prices are quite reasonable. McCall's has really published some beautiful patterns over the years, but I don't think they do much anymore.

Here's wishing you the best with control of your LBD (something I did not know about), and hoping you're one of those for whom it does not change rapidly.

Oh thank you! I just won that book at auction on ebay last night! I was hoping that was the right book!

WOW...amazing...looks great!!

Thank you!

I checked out your Ravelry website and fell in love with the fish afghan you're making. Even though it's from the k***ting "dark side," I'd love to see a photo of it here! It almost makes me want to try that needle thing again.

Oh thank you! I just won that book at auction on ebay last night! I was hoping that was the right book!

Used to be, they'd post photos of some of the most outstanding patterns in those books on ebay. Now, it's a stab in the dark, unless you already know exactly what's in them.

Have fun!

Thanks...........David

In case you didn't see my post, here's a direct reply to you: After digging through my pattern mess, I finally found the source: I had made myself a working copy from a book I own called Quilts and Afghans, published by McCall's in 1984. You can find several copies available at dealoz.com by searching on the title. Prices are quite reasonable.

It's beautiful! The same thing could probably be done using the diamond motifs from Coats and Clarks Prairie Star afghan; it would just be lacier and it's join as you go. Hmmm, I think I may have to try that to stash bust after Christmas.

It's beautiful! The same thing could probably be done using the diamond motifs from Coats and Clarks Prairie Star afghan; it would just be lacier and it's join as you go. Hmmm, I think I may have to try that to stash bust after Christmas.

Thank you! And, that Prairie Star afghan has been on my "do" list ever since it came out. I can't seem to get enough of star motifs.

Thank you! And, that Prairie Star afghan has been on my "do" list ever since it came out. I can't seem to get enough of star motifs.

I'm making my second one :D. This one is a gift for my parents for Christmas and I ended up expanding it slightly.

• 2 months later...
In case you didn't see my post, here's a direct reply to you: After digging through my pattern mess, I finally found the source: I had made myself a working copy from a book I own called Quilts and Afghans, published by McCall's in 1984. You can find several copies available at dealoz.com by searching on the title. Prices are quite reasonable.

I went into dealoz.com and seem I couldnt find quilts and afghan by mccall's in 1984 for a star quilt scrap afghan? I'm dying to find this pattern :/ :)

I was thinking the exact same thing about a Prairie Star adaptation since I live in a warmer climate. This afghan is just stunning! love it!

• 1 year later...

Your afghan is gorgeous! I have started this afghan and found this thread by doing a good search to look for pictures of this afghan. I have had this pattern in my "to do" stack for so long that I finally decided to start it only using scraps. I wasn't going to use the alternating varigated diamonds to keep it a true "scrap" afghan but after reading through these posts I'm beginning to reconsider. it does look so nice with the alternating varigated and solids. No way I'm going to pull off the color coordination though. I'm going to try to put as opposing colored scraps as possible together. I figure the white will tie it all together nicely! Yours is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Archived