a star quilt afghan

Afghaniac

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your afghan is gorgeous! I have started this afghan and found this thread by doing a good search to look for pictures of this afghan. I have had this pattern in my "to do" stack for so long that I finally decided to start it only using scraps. I wasn't going to use the alternating varigated diamonds to keep it a true "scrap" afghan but after reading through these posts I'm beginning to reconsider. it does look so nice with the alternating varigated and solids. No way I'm going to pull off the color coordination though. I'm going to try to put as opposing colored scraps as possible together. I figure the white will tie it all together nicely! Yours is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks. I STILL haven't finished sewing on those little white triangles around the edges. It's in a UFO basket that I must get to soon. I think you could do just about any color scheme you like with this pattern and it would be pretty. I started out with all scraps except for the white, but then went out and bought two or three varis, since I so seldom buy or use varis. So . . . more to de-stash. I'll post another photo if I ever get around to finishing it off. Have fun!

I am still working on mine. Have about 40 or so "squares" or whateven you call them done! All different combinations of colors with solid and varigated with off white making up the edges. I love this pattern and it soooo easy to do. I work on it awhile then it sits for awhile then I pick it up again. Time to pick it up now and do some more! :)

I am still working on mine. Have about 40 or so "squares" or whateven you call them done! All different combinations of colors with solid and varigated with off white making up the edges. I love this pattern and it soooo easy to do. I work on it awhile then it sits for awhile then I pick it up again. Time to pick it up now and do some more! :)

I think you're going to beat me to the finish! I still have those pesky little edging triangles to do. Tha afghan and another one with lots of completed round Irish-type crochet motifs are sitting in UFO baskets. I have abandoned the star quilt before and gone back, so I guess I will complete it one of these days.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of yours!

I think you're going to beat me to the finish! I still have those pesky little edging triangles to do. Tha afghan and another one with lots of completed round Irish-type crochet motifs are sitting in UFO baskets. I have abandoned the star quilt before and gone back, so I guess I will complete it one of these days.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of yours!

Lol - could be a long while until its picture ready! Haven't even begun to assemble it yet! I will post pics when I do put it together

that is just amazing, I'm so not brave enough to try something like that with my scraps

Its really a very easy pattern - just looks hard! lol

that is just amazing, I'm so not brave enough to try something like that with my scraps

Lynn is right: The basic motif is very simple. It just requires some patience to sew the motifs together. I have stopped and started working on mine twice -- but mainly because I don't have a particular recipient or use for the afghan in mind. Last time I stopped was to make items for a craft fair, and I still have to sew on the edge motifs and crochet a simple border.

I saw this afghan or quilt on a ladys blog and have been looking everywhere for it. Yesterday I found yours and it is beautiful. I also found mcCalls book on ebay for 99 cents today and ordered it. I can hardly wait for it to get here so I can get started on it.

I saw this afghan or quilt on a ladys blog and have been looking everywhere for it. Yesterday I found yours and it is beautiful. I also found mcCalls book on ebay for 99 cents today and ordered it. I can hardly wait for it to get here so I can get started on it.

Glad you got such a good deal on that book! Have fun.

Beautiful, gorgeous afghan! I love quilts. Crocheted quilts are perfection! I found a copy of the 1984 copy on ebay. I can hardly wait to get started. I read through all the posts, hoping to see more pics from anybody, but I guess it's really slow going. LOL. Thank you for posting such a wonderful project. You're awe-inspiring! :cheer

Beautiful, gorgeous afghan! I love quilts. Crocheted quilts are perfection! I found a copy of the 1984 copy on ebay. I can hardly wait to get started. I read through all the posts, hoping to see more pics from anybody, but I guess it's really slow going. LOL. Thank you for posting such a wonderful project. You're awe-inspiring! :cheer

You all, in turn, have been motivating me! I must finish off current projects and get back to finishing the star quilt. Will post photos whenever . . .

Archived