Comfort Shawl

Finnbar

Worked up this up last week for a friend of my Mom undergoing chemo for ovarian cancer. She lives in SW FL so I didn't want anything too heavy and I wanted something brighter if she brings it to the hospital. I adapted the Sweet Scallop Shawl from Lion Brand by adding another row. It worked up quickly but I hit the wall when I put the two halves together. Was just about finished doing one side border when I realized one side was upside down! grrrrrrrr. :eek This is why I usually don't weave in my ends till I'm done. It makes it a lot easier to pull apart a seam when you still have one of the ends. So, by the time I had it apart, I had added another two hours to the project. Oh well. Thanks for looking.

post-25775-13589746312_thumb.jpg

post-25775-135897463124_thumb.jpg

I used "I Love this Yarn". Not sure who makes it. It's actually a softer color yellow than the pic shows. Thanks for the comments.

That's a Hobby Lobby Brand. You did a great job and it is a very pretty design.

It worked up quickly but I hit the wall when I put the two halves together. Was just about finished doing one side border when I realized one side was upside down! grrrrrrrr. :eek

Oh, Finnbar, I have hit similar walls before :bang -Way to rise above it and get 'r done! Your comfort shawl turned out beautifully and will certainly help brighten the day and provide comfort for your Mom's friend.

Very well done, in both 'dc' and 'TLC'

It's really beautiful! THe color is great too! It should really make her feel warm and hopefully brighten her day. The color makes you feel like the sun is shining all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived