~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody Please :kick I still have exactlyy ONE gingerbbread man done out of 18! Not to mention the doily itself!

I am soooo not motivated! (probably because it is for me and not a gift).

I am wasting too much time on my computer:ccompute

Haha!! I totally know that feeling. :cheer You can do it!! :cheerJust think how pretty it will look on the table with a big plate of Christmas cookies on it!! Christmas cookies alone is enough to motivate me... or maybe fudge... :drool

Somebody Please :kick I still have exactlyy ONE gingerbbread man done out of 18! Not to mention the doily itself!

I am soooo not motivated! (probably because it is for me and not a gift).

I challenge you to get a gingerbread man done today! :cheer:clap:hug

I've almost got one half of my roof completely finished. :blush I think I might go a little crazy with details and whatnot when I do this type of project, where I'm just making things up as I go along and not following any set directions. :devil Oh well, I'm only doing this to myself!! lol With a little bit of work, I'll have both halves completely finished today (ends woven in, little details on) and maybe I'll be started on the windows on something before I go to bed. :hook

Here's a picture of what all I have done so far. Today I will be working on candy, candy, and more candy!

Thank-you for posting your photo- that's just the motivation I need to get going. I too have been spending too much time on the computer :think What's up with that ?

Thank-you for posting your photo- that's just the motivation I need to get going. I too have been spending too much time on the computer :think What's up with that ?

I am guilty of that myself. So far since that picture all I've accomplished is 3 halves of pieces of candy lol. I did manage to buy some yarn needles, AND a needle threader so I can try those french knots on the roof.

Yay!!! I made some progress this weekend! :yay My four walls are all attached (sc with white), I have a front door with a wreath, I have the leafy parts of 8 trees, and the roof is almost finished (I just need to buy some yellow to fill in one line on each side. If you look at the other pic, I took out the darker blue). I also need the yellow for some windows. I finally feel like I'm making decent progress!! :hook

I can't wait to see a picture of your house. I just loved the colorful roof. I got a ton of my hooks at the moment and haven't done anything ginger bread related.:blush

Okay, so I'm in the middle of an all-nighter (DH didn't leave till 315 for work, and I don't trust myself to hear the alarm or not cut it off without realizing it when I've got to get my stepson up for school so here I am lol) and thought I would take a couple pics of my progress so far. :hook

I did decide that I should've left one long tail on each little piece of the roof to stitch them down with so I wouldn't have 50 million ends to weave in, but oh well! I also ran out of the light purple, so I'm having to use super glue on those. Oh well, I'm figuring it out! :yes

Pardon all of the coffee table mess. I can't keep it clean with DH & my 16 year old stepson! :P

The house really isn't as lopsided as it looks in the pics. It just doesn't have any structure yet. And the puffy paint icing looks like a straight line on the yellow bit of the roof, but it's really not, it's just the way it's laying. I think those are all of my clarifications! :think

post-11765-135897474669_thumb.jpg

post-11765-135897474672_thumb.jpg

post-11765-135897474675_thumb.jpg

I was unable to get the right brown for the house so I'm making it out of "Warm Brown". Didn't take long to make the house and roof and some candy....but it is taking me forever to get 72 gumdrops made...how boring! I had some trouble getting the cardboard roof the correct size. I will be ready today to start gluing...if I don't spend too much time on the computer! I have also been making the Gingerbread Kitchen Set from Maggie's crochet. It is really cute! http://www.maggiescrochet.com/gingerbread-kitchen-set-p-1366.html I think I will need to make the Peppermint Kitchen Set from Maggie's also to go with with all this gingerbread!

Okay, so I'm in the middle of an all-nighter (DH didn't leave till 315 for work, and I don't trust myself to hear the alarm or not cut it off without realizing it when I've got to get my stepson up for school so here I am lol) and thought I would take a couple pics of my progress so far. :hook

I did decide that I should've left one long tail on each little piece of the roof to stitch them down with so I wouldn't have 50 million ends to weave in, but oh well! I also ran out of the light purple, so I'm having to use super glue on those. Oh well, I'm figuring it out! :yes

Pardon all of the coffee table mess. I can't keep it clean with DH & my 16 year old stepson! :P

The house really isn't as lopsided as it looks in the pics. It just doesn't have any structure yet. And the puffy paint icing looks like a straight line on the yellow bit of the roof, but it's really not, it's just the way it's laying. I think those are all of my clarifications! :think

Ohhh that is coming along really nicely! Don't worry, my coffee table is a cluttered mess as well, that's why I took my pictures on the couch instead ;)

I was unable to get the right brown for the house so I'm making it out of "Warm Brown". Didn't take long to make the house and roof and some candy....but it is taking me forever to get 72 gumdrops made...how boring! I had some trouble getting the cardboard roof the correct size. I will be ready today to start gluing...if I don't spend too much time on the computer! I have also been making the Gingerbread Kitchen Set from Maggie's crochet. It is really cute! http://www.maggiescrochet.com/gingerbread-kitchen-set-p-1366.html I think I will need to make the Peppermint Kitchen Set from Maggie's also to go with with all this gingerbread!

Can't wait to see the pics! Oh that kitchen set is just so cute! Hopefully my family gives me gift cards and checks for my birthday like they did last year and then I can spoil myself with patterns and yarn lol.

Yarn Monkey, your house is looking great! I have to confess I wasn't so sure about the multi-colored roof earlier, but I'm loving it with the icing on :manyheart

Gingerbread lurker :lurk

Same here, but it really is coming out very nice.

Yarn Monkey, your house is looking great! I have to confess I wasn't so sure about the multi-colored roof earlier, but I'm loving it with the icing on :manyheart

Gingerbread lurker :lurk

I wasn't really either, but then I decided for one that I didn't want to redo it and for two it's different. :) I'll say it's those Necco candies that come in all the different colors, but in my opinion just taste icky so this would be all they're good for! :P

Busy, busy, busy! I haven't been on in awhile, so much to do with the holidays! I have everything finished for my house- finally- all I have to do is piece it together, shouldn't take too long and this time I got the white all matching, no more dirty snow! :lol

Swadye- your house is looking great!

x3melissa3705- I love you little guy, he's cute!

yarnmonkey - I really like the roof. I wasn't too sure what it was going to look like when I first saw the pics, but now that you have the candies and snow trim it is really nice!

Keep up the great work everyone!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived