~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm joining too, but I have a few things to finish up first. Crochet World December 2005 has peppermint people that I have been wanting to make. One is a gingerbread man.

So, how are things going with everyone in Gingerbread Ville ;)

Just so you know .... the question mark is broken on my keyboard :angry so I have to get creative with the emoticons :lol

I had a rough day yesterday- didn't feel well so I went on strike for awhile. I took my laptop & earplugs and parked myself in bed to watch TV shows. Man- that felt good! Since I can't do that again today :blush I'll be around! I'd love to hear from everyone!

I'm not in, really. I have too many WIPs and too little time to start this CAL right now...But I had to jump in to say that I also bought Crochet Today for this pattern! :wink Even DH liked it when we saw a picture of it. When I do get there, I will also be sewing the pieces together, over a cardboard frame. I even thought of making an "inner box" so we could use it to save Christmas cards (or hide candy :yum) I'm going to watch this thread for pictures and inspiration...and maybe when my Christmas packages are shipped in about a month, I can enjoy this project :)

I'm not in, really. I have too many WIPs and too little time to start this CAL right now...But I had to jump in to say that I also bought Crochet Today for this pattern! :wink Even DH liked it when we saw a picture of it. When I do get there, I will also be sewing the pieces together, over a cardboard frame. I even thought of making an "inner box" so we could use it to save Christmas cards (or hide candy :yum) I'm going to watch this thread for pictures and inspiration...and maybe when my Christmas packages are shipped in about a month, I can enjoy this project :)

Ohhhh making it into a card box is a neat idea!

I'm not sure when I'll get around to making mine. I want to have everyone's Christmas gifts all done, and I still haven't decided what to make for everyone. One year I did snowflakes, another year I did bookmarks, another year I did clothespin angels... Maybe I can do gingerbread men....I just don't have any brown thread and not sure if I want to do them in yarn.

Lorraine - I hope you're feeling better today. We all need a little time to ourselves now and then. :hug

I haven't started yet. I need to wrap up a couple other projects and then I'll jump in. I'm anxious to see what everyone else is doing...post pictures! :hook

I started my gingerbread house the other day and will be working on it some more during the week ahead :cheer

Right now I am weaving ends on a otherwise finished afghan for my daughter's bed. I need to finish it ASAP because it is getting cold outside all of a sudden!

I'll measure the width of my gingerbread front panel and post the info tomorrow!

Still wondering about doing the Gingerbread Man Doily from Crochet World Dec '08. Too much for a thread beginner?

I need to finish the RR for the school auction first but I'd like to get in on this CAL in November if I can.

My gingerbreadman ami still needs arms. Hopefully he doesn't run away before I get them made :rofl I will defintely post pics when I finish him. I love seeing and sharing pics! I'm heading away on vacation this week (Disney World here we come :yay), so I'll check in when I get back. I will start to think more about Christmas after my vacation :yes I will also be done my yarn strike, so I might be buying yarn for Ginny Gingerbread Doll.

Lorraine - I'm looking forward to hearing about the gingerbread house. Would love to see your daughter's afghan too! It is chilly here too :wbrr Good thing we have yarn to keep us warm :lol

Ratdog - I'm a thread beginner myself (more like a thread flunkie at this point :lol), but that doily is so pretty I think you should give it a try! :cheer:cheer:cheer I would love to see it if someone makes it!

Happy gingerbread making everyone! See you in a week!

Still wondering about doing the Gingerbread Man Doily from Crochet World Dec '08. Too much for a thread beginner?

I need to finish the RR for the school auction first but I'd like to get in on this CAL in November if I can.

Have you worked with thread before---- Back when I first started with thread- I found it to be pretty easy. The trick (for me) was making sure the tension was strong enough to not have gaps but not too strong so it would not be tight and stiff. Maybe get the size thread and hook that the gingerbread pattern calls for and try a few round thread coasters to see how you like it.

I am going to get a late start on this it looks like. I don't have a craft store close to home, so I ended up ordering the crochet today mag. It should be here soon, but that gives me time to finish up what I have going on now, seems like everyone in my fam. wants slippers, hats and scarves this year :lol. ( I have 9 brothers and sisters, all but 3 of them have kids, so with me being the only one that crochets as much as I do, they keep me busy :yes ) How is everyone else doing???

Little Gingerbread Boy made of size 10 thread. The pattern is from a book called "101 Thread Crochet Embellishments" and is by the American School of Needlework I wish I had thread in a darker shade of brown, but I don't. I may try the pattern again in yarn and see how it comes out, since it's easy for me to get brown yarn, but thread requires ordering online and I only do that if I can get free shipping =)

post-365-135897463043_thumb.jpg

I'm late coming in, too--how did I not see this thread? The gingerbread cookie house I made years ago needs a good laundering and a new box inside it, so a new one sounds like even more fun. I have GOT to lay hands on that Christmas Crochet Today! Stuff got so crazy busy this summer that I haven't had time to play or even make squares for the comfortghans I see on here. Now that some of the rush is past, I wanna play, darn it!:lol

Little Gingerbread Boy made of size 10 thread. The pattern is from a book called "101 Thread Crochet Embellishments" and is by the American School of Needlework I wish I had thread in a darker shade of brown, but I don't. I may try the pattern again in yarn and see how it comes out, since it's easy for me to get brown yarn, but thread requires ordering online and I only do that if I can get free shipping =)

Very cute! :cheerI don't think I have that book, but I wish... :yes

He is just adorable! I have the light brown thread like you or the really dark brown where he'd look overcooked. lolol

I'm just going to have to make a gingerbread house this year. How do you guys plan on holding it in place? I was thinking about making a plastic canvas support for underneath it.

How do you guys plan on holding it in place? I was thinking about making a plastic canvas support for underneath it.

I'm also thinking about using plastic canvas. I'm curious to see what everyone else does, too.

[attach]10025[/attach]

I love this cartoon. It reminds me of a time I had to go to the GYN doc for my yearly check-up and when I laid back on the table I noticed she had a picture taped to the ceiling. It was a gingerbread man and it said...the perfect man...if he annoys you, you can just just bite his head off. I started laughing and before I knew it, the exam was over...the doc had such a great sense of humor! thanks for sharing Maxine...love her

Does my gingerbread item have to be a house to qualify for this CAL because I have a new niece and was thinking of making her a bunting that made her look like a little ginger bread person.

You can join! =) :cheer

Archived