~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

Well I set my disfigured house aside, and am starting another one. The only reason being I am giving this to my sister and her girls, and I want to have it finished by Turkey day so I can give it to them then. I will get back to mine later, and see what I can do with the poor thing. :lol I have the front, back and sides finished, and am getting ready to start on the roof. ( I moved all of my cream out of the way so I won't grab it by mistake again!:lol ) I have a lot of the candies made, this time I made them with a smaller hook, and I like the way they turned out a lot better.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished the little ami gingerbread man from the Lionbrand website. Here's the link: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70709AD.html?noImages=0&r=1

And here is mine:

post-12231-135897472277_thumb.jpg

This is not my crowning crochet achievement :rofl, but I had fun making him. This pattern is very simple. I'm just not a very good embroiderer or sewer :blush Lots of fun, though!

I bought my red today, so I'll be able to get started on all the little candy details of my house this weekend! Kids are out of school for the flooding tomorrow so I'll be sleeping in, but I'll still get lots of time to do my own thing! Yay!! :cheer

Flooding- Oh No. Be safe!

Yeah stupid leftovers of Hurricane Ida ran into a Nor'easter right over top of us, so it just sat and sat and sat. Some areas here had 13" inches of rain and wind gusts of 74mph. Thankfully, we're elevated enough to not really have had any problems- just a WHOLE LOT of rain!!! :yes

OK, I'm officially joining this CAL. I have made ....

One thread gingerbread man! (Only 17 more to go!)

Now, can someone tell me how to keep the little critters from getting so curled?

he is being flattened by my laptop as we type!

OK, I'm officially joining this CAL. I have made ....

One thread gingerbread man! (Only 17 more to go!)

Now, can someone tell me how to keep the little critters from getting so curled?

he is being flattened by my laptop as we type!

I flattened the gingerbread man I made in a dictionary between the pages towards the end. It's like a 20lbs. dictionary. Seemed to work out fairly well although one leg still curls a little. I guess you could maybe steam it between some towels?

When you get him and his little friends all attached to the doily just block the whole thing at once :yes If you are putting the ribbons on as the pattern shows, you might have to be careful about ironing it. I would just just dampen, maybe spritz a little spray starch on the back side, and pin to shape.

Hey, :lurk ers looking forward to pictures! :lol

I'd like to join in. I have a gingerbread person/teddy doll I've been meaning to make, and want to try to get it done by the end of November (along with a pack of other items).

I'll have to go back through the thread to see the gingerbread houses. I thought I had the newest issue of Crochet Today, but I guess I don't because I don't remember seeing the house pattern.

Okay, so I've been working on my roof. I've gotten the little "candy tiles" on one half of it and now I'm wondering if it's too much... :think Opinions?

I'm going to whipstitch it on with white to give it a little bit of a "snowy" look. :yes

post-11765-135897473667_thumb.jpg

Okay, so I've been working on my roof. I've gotten the little "candy tiles" on one half of it and now I'm wondering if it's too much... :think Opinions?

I'm going to whipstitch it on with white to give it a little bit of a "snowy" look. :yes

I'd have to see the whole house put together, but so far with all the different colors, it doesn't look like a gingerbread house roof.

Maybe just red & green? :think

I think that's a cute idea with all the different colors. Like an icing roof sort of. I like it. & I think the white will be nice with it. Once it's on and put with the rest of the house I think it will make more sinse. But way to be clever and change it up a bit. :cheer

I think that's a cute idea with all the different colors. Like an icing roof sort of. I like it. & I think the white will be nice with it. Once it's on and put with the rest of the house I think it will make more sinse. But way to be clever and change it up a bit. :cheer

Thanks! =) Now I can do the other side!

Yay!!! I made some progress this weekend! :yay My four walls are all attached (sc with white), I have a front door with a wreath, I have the leafy parts of 8 trees, and the roof is almost finished (I just need to buy some yellow to fill in one line on each side. If you look at the other pic, I took out the darker blue). I also need the yellow for some windows. I finally feel like I'm making decent progress!! :hook

Yay!!! I made some progress this weekend! :yay My four walls are all attached (sc with white), I have a front door with a wreath, I have the leafy parts of 8 trees, and the roof is almost finished (I just need to buy some yellow to fill in one line on each side. If you look at the other pic, I took out the darker blue). I also need the yellow for some windows. I finally feel like I'm making decent progress!! :hook

Can't wait to see how it all comes together =)

I have the front and back done, both sides, and both halves of the roof. I also have the white "icing" on half of the roof. Tomorrow I will build the card board frame for the house. I think I will need to buy a larger yarn needle to do the french knots that are supposed to go on the roof. I'm not even sure I can do them. They always gave me fits when I tried to do them in cross stitching and I'd just end up skipping them or make tiny little cross stitches instead to make them look like knots. I suppose I could make knots and then either glue them onto the roof or sew them on with regular sewing thread....hrmmmm. I'll have to think about it.

I got the icing all done on the roof! I'll put the cardboard together later. I'm going to have my son help me with it for his art class today. He's home schooled and isn't really into arts & crafts at all so it's always a challenge to find things for him to do that he doesn't hate. I couldn't find any of my yarn needles, so the little red balls for the roof are on hold and so is putting the roof on the house until at least tomorrow when I run my errands. I've begun making the 2 icicle strands.

This project is so much fun! I highly encourage anyone interested in it to get started asap! =)

I'm mostly finished with my Gingerbread doll - I was trying to adapt a pattern for a teddy bear enough that I could claim the pattern as "mine" but I don't think it's going to happen, lol.

I still need to add the head, and I found the Crochet Today magazine, so I will study the pictures in the hopes I can try something else new for the toy's decorations. I'll post a picture of the big guy when he's done.

Archived