~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

Oh my goodness!!! Those are SO Cute!!!! Definately have to make some of the those for my tree!! They would also make such cute package trims. oh dear, I am babbling, sorry.....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Babbling is allowed in this group :D

Oh my goodness!!! Those are SO Cute!!!! Definately have to make some of the those for my tree!! They would also make such cute package trims. oh dear, I am babbling, sorry.....

I would like to join ...but......

The pattern I want to do is thread and I have never done thread!

So, may I ask your opinions on a novice threader attempting the ultra adorable Gengerbread Man Doily from Crochet World?

Well, I keep coming back to this CAL and thinking about crocheted gingerbread, so I think that means I need to just stop being silly and join already!! :hook

Instead of buying a house pattern, I'm going to try to make one up- which means I'm definitely going to need the support of a CAL!! :lol We'll see how that goes; I might wind up buying one anyway! I'm also going to make those little gingerbread men from LB's website. Adorable!! :manyheart

I have to finish a purse I'm working on first (otherwise I never will) but then I'll be getting started, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. :yes

Vonnie, in my meanderings through cyberspace I have seen a doily pattern with gingerbread men encircling it. Of course I don't remember where but it seems to me like it was one of the more well-known sites. I'll do some exploring and see if I can find it for you.

:dog We made it to Michael's today and my hubby and daughter managed to get me the magazine and the RH yarn that I need to get started. I stayed in the car with my son.

Looks like I'm in business now! :)

So, has anyone checked out the Gingerbread garland on freepatterns.com?

Oh- They are really cute. When you scroll down the pattern page they show one gingerbread boy alone. Looks like a good ornament.

After I finish my gingerbread house I am going to make a few of these smaller gingerbread items too!

Oh my! That garland is cute! I made the head and body of the LB gingerbread man last night. I still have arms to do. It works up really quick. I'm having trouble with the embroidery part. It calls for french knots for the eyes and buttons. Can anyone give me tips on how to fasten off the yarn after making the knot?

Yes, that gingerbread doily is in the Dec. '08 Crochet World. It is so pretty! If you look at that image that Lorraine posted, the Ginny Gingerbread Doll is in the same issue on page 12--you can see it in the picture.

. Can anyone give me tips on how to fasten off the yarn after making the knot?

Yes, that gingerbread doily is in the Dec. '08 Crochet World. It is so pretty! If you look at that image that Lorraine posted, the Ginny Gingerbread Doll is in the same issue on page 12--you can see it in the picture.

When I did those on the gingerbread girl "heads" :lol I just did a couple whip stitches to fasten off.

That gingerbread doily is adorable! I wonder if the magazine is still available from last year.:think

Ericalynn- Have you decided on a pattern yet? I think that it's really a great idea for your neices! How old are they? My daughter is 12 and we've made quite a few Gingerbread Houses over the years. They're all gone now :blush

My nieces are 6 and 3, and they also have a new baby sister, just a month old, so I know that the 3 of them will love this. I have already made them so many things since they were born, and so far they have loved it all :manyheart I think that I am going to make the one in the crochet today mag. if I can find a copy of that issue. I just love the way that one looks so hopefully it works out.:)

I think that I am going to make the one in the crochet today mag. if I can find a copy of that issue. I just love the way that one looks so hopefully it works out.:)

I picked up my copy of Crochet Today at Micheal's yesterday. I had called in advance to see if they had it.

Funny thing about the pattern and I hope this doesn't put anyone off. The Gingerbread House is not "put together". The directions say to glue the individual pieces to the cardboard to assemble.

I am not going to do that though. I will stitch or hand sew the pieces together and put together a cardboard frame for underneath. This way it can be hand washed in future years.

I picked up my copy of Crochet Today at Micheal's yesterday. I had called in advance to see if they had it.

Funny thing about the pattern and I hope this doesn't put anyone off. The Gingerbread House is not "put together". The directions say to glue the individual pieces to the cardboard to assemble.

I am not going to do that though. I will stitch or hand sew the pieces together and put together a cardboard frame for underneath. This way it can be hand washed in future years.

Yeah I want to sew mine together too rather than glue it down. I don't think it will be very difficult to do.

I just began stitching today. I did not bother with a swatch and I chose to go with an H hook which is slightly larger than the recommended G hook. I'm going to take it slow but I do feel accomplished now that I've shopped and started stitching!

(I'm doing the Gingerbread House from Carolyn Christmas.)

Has anyone else started...

I just began stitching today. I did not bother with a swatch and I chose to go with an H hook which is slightly larger than the recommended G hook. I'm going to take it slow but I do feel accomplished now that I've shopped and started stitching!

(I'm doing the Gingerbread House from Carolyn Christmas.)

Has anyone else started...

I got the magazine, and I have all the colors in my stash, except for the brown, so I need to hit Wal-Mart to pick it up. I will get there eventually =)

OK, I can't resist this...I have to join! I am making the Gingerbread "Recipe Gift Hot Pad" from a book called "Holiday Celebrations in Crochet."

It has a cute gingerbread on the front and a little pocket on the back to put a recipe card in. I wanted to make these for a lot of my friends for Christmas along with a gingerbread goodie. Haven't quite worked out which recipe I want to use. I may bake it up or I may just do a jar mix to go with the potholder. I couldn't find a picture of the potholder anywhere...but I will post one as soon as I finish my first one!

I got the magazine, and I have all the colors in my stash, except for the brown, so I need to hit Wal-Mart to pick it up. I will get there eventually =)

This must be meant to be...hubby just gave me a $10 gift card for Wal-Mart that he won in a contest at work. I said woohoo I can get my brown yarn to make my gingerbread house with it and he said... ummm yea ok...

Archived