~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

I did two gingerbread boys last week, and just finished a gingerbread house.

They're all so cute!! Great work!! :cheer

I have to admit I've been slacking. Well, not really slacking in general, just at my house. I found out late last week that my dad didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so he's coming here (it's a long story, but it was really unexpected) for dinner and possibly for the night so I've been running around like a madwoman cleaning and preparing. I'm also trying to finish a sweater so I can wear it for dinner. I'll fit crocheting into any activity somehow! :hook

But come Friday, I'll be able to get back to work on my house. :yes

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are for the family. Although I am working on another gingerbread house for some friends of mine.......The Gingerbread boys were made for my boys.

Thanks

Myblueangels~ AWESOME! You did a great job on both. Are they for you or a gift?

For the record, if teenagers weren't such a hassle, my house would be nearly finished. :angry

No offense to any teenagers on C'ville!!! I'm strictly talking about the teenager in my house and the other one DH has at her mom's. I hope for every parent's sake that not every teenager acts the way these two do!!! :yes

EDITED 12/5 And now my hook is missing!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyone else as klutzy as I am and burn your fingers with the hot glue???? I have 2 blisters from an evening of gluing /sigh.

I'll post an updated pic soon!

I wasn't using my glue gun for my house, but I was making a wreath on Monday and that thing and I were having a battle and a half!! I have a nasty blister, too, but I eventually showed it who was boss (and almost threw it out the window!!) :lol

wouldn't you know it? the ball of brown WW (ILTY) I could *swear* I had is nowhere to be found! and of course, with a blizzard warning in effect. I'm staying home. 'sokay, I have plenty of other stuff to :crocheting...the gingerbread house will just have to wait longer :P

I am terribly sorry other people have endured hot glue burns, but I am so relieved to know I am not the ONLY one! *hugs*

There's no such thing as a blizzard pffft! It's just something all you darn yankies use as an excuse to skip work and school ;) It's like snow days and white Christmas, all make believe I tell ya!

EXQUISITE !!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

An update on my progress. I've got most of the rest of the decorations stitched, but not glued on. I want to get the gumballs finished up before I glue everything on. I have 9/72 completed so far.

Your house is cute! And stop rubbing it in that Florida is shirtless and shorts weather in December (as I sit here wearing a shirt, a sweater, a shawl, and fingerless gloves in the house!) :smiling

Thanks!

I'd be more than willing to trade you some of this heat for a few days so I can get my baking done without sweating!

And hey, just think of all those lovely sweaters, scarves, gloves, hats and stuff that I miss out on making because there's no need for them here. It's even hard to do afghans because most of the time it's too hot to work on them! :hug

Swayde, your house is looking great!! :cheer

I think I'm going to go on Friday and buy a new hook to keep me company until I can find my ergonomic one. Fortunately I found a place nearby that has crochet supplies so I don't have to drive 45 minutes into a city I know nothing about to Michaels. I wonder if they have yarn... :hook

Swayde, your house is looking great!! :cheer

I think I'm going to go on Friday and buy a new hook to keep me company until I can find my ergonomic one. Fortunately I found a place nearby that has crochet supplies so I don't have to drive 45 minutes into a city I know nothing about to Michaels. I wonder if they have yarn... :hook

Thank you! Have you tried the Clover Soft Touch hooks? I started adding medical bandage tape to my regular aluminum hooks to add some padding, then I bought the little pads you can slide onto the hooks and finally I got an awesome deal on a set of the Clover Soft Touch hooks on Ebay and I am totally in love with them. I even purchased the steel hooks that I've found available whenever I can find them, because I love the hooks so much. They don't hurt my hands at all so I can crochet much longer than I was able to before I got them and I am working faster now too. Plus they seem to be a lot smoother flowing through yarn then the regular Boyes and Bates hooks.

Thank- you everyone for participating in this CAL.

I loved your photos and hope you enjoy your gingerbread houses! Mine is still a WIP but I remain inspired by your success!

Happy Holidays!

• 10 months later...

Archived