~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

Not to mention I grabbed a cream for the iciciles, and didn't realize it till I had it glued on, so now I have pretty white snow on the roof, and dirty looking icicles. :blush

So I googled how to removed hot glue. I have no idea if it will actually work because of the texture of the yarn, but MAYBE we can salvage it! :hug

1. Freezer Method. Stick it in the freezer, hot glue get really brittle when it's cold so then you might be able to scrape it off with a spoon or butter knife.

2. Acetone nail polish remover. First do a test somewhere to make sure it won't ruin the color, maybe on your swatch if you did one. Moisten a cotton ball and apply it to where you got the hot glue, like between icicle and house. Bloth with a clean cloth (I'd use a scrap rag of some sort). Doing this should transfer the hot glue to the cloth. Repeat until all hot glue is gone.

Hope this works!! Let us know! Believe me, I'll try anything to save something I've worked so hard on! :hook

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laughrollI love the sign idea! Actually, I think that the freezer might work. I had it in for a few hours and it is starting to come off. I might have to leave it in a bit longer and see......crossing my fingers

:laughrollI love the sign idea! Actually, I think that the freezer might work. I had it in for a few hours and it is starting to come off. I might have to leave it in a bit longer and see......crossing my fingers

Me too! :yes

Ericalynn- That's it- keep the sense of humor going! Sounds like you may be able to correct it ! And no one will ever know except us (and I'm not telling anyone!). Also- good for you for getting this far already! I need to get my butt in gear and work on my house. I've been weaving ends, on 2 afghans so I can get them on the beds now that it is cold.

Can't wait to see your house !

ericalynn, did the freezer method work? I hope it did! :yes

Well I've started my house (mainly because I got mad at a sweater I'm working on lol). I got the four walls, a bottom and one side of the roof finished and now I've realized the slanted parts on the front and back walls are far too small, because my roof is only coming out to 5 rows. :blush Too small! so I'm going to pull out the slanted part and redo it to come out longer so my roof can be longer. :hook I'm figuring it out!

Ya know I had to rip out my roof too because I wasn't happy with the slant. I wan't feeling well that day and probably made a mistake or two. I am going to try again.

Good luck! Looks like we'll be :frog:frog together!

Well the freezer didn't work as well as I had hoped it would. :( I was able to pull some of it off, but then it started ripping the yarn off the house, so I think I am going to just glue it back on. You can't really notice the icicles don't match the snow on the roof. ( unless I point it out so forget I even told any of you :laughroll) I am going to keep this one for myself, and make my sis another one, I didn't like the way the candies turned out so I will make those with a smaller hook next time. Guess I will chalk this one up as a learning experience!:lol

i am thinking of joining but i can't find a pttern i like i like the one in Crochetr today but can't find it anywhere here so i might just have to skip out until i can find one i liek i have been making tons of gingerbread men for my tree I'll post a pix tomorrow. everyones items look so cute.

i am thinking of joining but i can't find a pttern i like i like the one in Crochetr today but can't find it anywhere here so i might just have to skip out until i can find one i liek i have been making tons of gingerbread men for my tree I'll post a pix tomorrow. everyones items look so cute.

I couldn't find that mag. anywhere around where I am at either, so I ended up going to the site and ordered it. I didn't really spend anymore doing it that way than going somewhere and buying it.:)

:hi everyone! Still no arms for my gingerbread man :blush, but I'm enjoying seeing how you are all doing. Has anyone seen the new CrochetWorld? It has a gingerbread man apron, oven mitt and puppet. Cute!

Got my roof all fixed. :hook Now to finish it (gotta hunt through my stash to find all the right colors) and then figure out decorations. Hopefully I'll make some good progress this weekend with DH working/sleeping! :yes

I have been looking everywhere for that magazine and had given up. Our larger groceries don't carry it, WalMart didn't have it, I'm almost 50 miles from JoAnn's..............

I stopped into this tiny grocery store in the next town over today and they had it!!

I am hoping to make some progress on my gingerbread house this weekend. Anyone else ....

I'm with you on making progress this weekend. Digging out all my candy-colored scraps this afternoon! :hook

I bought the thread and beads for the Crochet World Gingerbread Man Doily.

I have only done one other thread project, a small bookmark, but I am up for the challenge.

Just have to finish the prayer shawl and pedicure socks first. So, maybe I can join this CAL next weekend.

Hello, I've been lurking :lurk

The gingerbread men are attached as you do the last row of the doily. So if you want to do the doily first, you have to stop before the last row, then do the men, then go back to the doily to join them. Or, just do the men first. :hook

Well, I haven't actually gotten as far as digging out my yarn (my stash is in a terribly inconvenient spot lol), BUT I do have my decorations for the house all planned out and sketched out. Otherwise I'll forget. :blush And now that I'm not being driven insane by the sweater, maybe it'll give me a little time to work on my house! :hook

Archived