~ Gingerbread Themed CAL ~

Scorpio59

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got the Dec crochet world. Cute Gingerbread stuff in there!

I just looked that up online. The gingerbread man on the apron is really cute. I would like to get that pattern so I could make the gingerbread man in thread for a Christmas ornament.

I just got my crochet today!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer I can't wait to start on it, but I am making myself wait till this weekend :yes. I really need to get these slippers finished for my nieces, but it doesn't look like it's going to take all that long......hopefully.

Does my gingerbread item have to be a house to qualify for this CAL because I have a new niece and was thinking of making her a bunting that made her look like a little ginger bread person.

Is there a pattern for that or are you designing it yourself? I can't wait to see it!

Barbara Anne - I :manyheart your gingerbread boy! He is sooo cute!

RoseRed - the pattern I have calls for the plastic canvas reinforcement. I think I will whip stitch the canvases together, then slip the house over the top. That way, I can wash it.

I hope everyone is well....

C U all soon!

Hi Everyone- Has anybody been working on their Gingerbread items...

Weekends are difficult here, what with the family and all ! I did start my gingerbread house and look forward to working on it tonight.

Tell us about your progress or what's up with you !

Hi Everyone- Has anybody been working on their Gingerbread items...

Weekends are difficult here, what with the family and all ! I did start my gingerbread house and look forward to working on it tonight.

Tell us about your progress or what's up with you !

I'm working on a doily currently in Christmas colors. I am on round 25 of 37. It's going to be a gift for someone in my family. I'm making a variety of items to give as gifts. I'll have to figure out who gets what at some point, but for now I am just making things that I think are nice and pretty and using up my stash as well =)

I did give my gingerbread house some thought though! I am going to go ahead an use cardboard like the pattern calls for. My husband gave me some excellent boxes to use that are really thick and sturdy. I also have some white contact paper which I will use to cover up a piece of cardboard to use as a display base for my gingerbread house. I plan to attach the house and the tree to that and then use cotton and/or polyfiber fill to make the ground look snowy. I might even make a couple more trees and maybe some gingerbread people to put in the yard. I figure I can put it all into a large plastic bag, like a big black garbage bag to keep it from getting dusty and dirty when I am not displaying it. And I can always vacuum it =)

Okay, I'm not going to lie... I haven't started yet... :blush

BUT I should be able to tonight. I've just been trying to finish a RR before I got started on anything else that would distract me. I have 2 more rounds on the RR and I'll be done! :cheer

And I've definitely decided what I'm doing. :yes A couple of little gingerbread people pins and an amigurumi gingerbread house- no patterns, just gonna wing it and hopefully it turns out the way I have them all pictured! I'll let you all know once I get some progress happening! :crocheting

I did start a little bit, but haven't been able to get any further than I am. I am hoping to get more done tonight. I started working at the school...I haven't worked in about 7 years so I'm not used to and am soooooo tired.:sleep So who knows what will happen later. I can't wait to get it finished though. I got the front done, and it doesn't seem very big. I thought it would be neat to make a chimney and have it as a kleenex box cover.....we'll see what happens when I get that far!

Ohhhh making it into a card box is a neat idea!

I'm not sure when I'll get around to making mine. I want to have everyone's Christmas gifts all done, and I still haven't decided what to make for everyone. One year I did snowflakes, another year I did bookmarks, another year I did clothespin angels... Maybe I can do gingerbread men....I just don't have any brown thread and not sure if I want to do them in yarn.

I was just thinking that there are so many different kids of yarn now, cottons and sock yarns, etc. Maybe you could find something brown that isn't 4 ply yarn but not as thin as thread. Just a thought!

Okay, I'm not going to lie... I haven't started yet... :blush

BUT I should be able to tonight. I've just been trying to finish a RR before I got started on anything else that would distract me. I have 2 more rounds on the RR and I'll be done! :cheer

And I've definitely decided what I'm doing. :yes A couple of little gingerbread people pins and an amigurumi gingerbread house- no patterns, just gonna wing it and hopefully it turns out the way I have them all pictured! I'll let you all know once I get some progress happening! :crocheting

I cannot wait to see pictures of what you come up with!

I love little Christmas pins. What a great idea!

I did give my gingerbread house some thought though! I am going to go ahead an use cardboard like the pattern calls for. My husband gave me some excellent boxes to use that are really thick and sturdy. I also have some white contact paper which I will use to cover up a piece of cardboard to use as a display base for my gingerbread house. I plan to attach the house and the tree to that and then use cotton and/or polyfiber fill to make the ground look snowy. I might even make a couple more trees and maybe some gingerbread people to put in the yard. I figure I can put it all into a large plastic bag, like a big black garbage bag to keep it from getting dusty and dirty when I am not displaying it. And I can always vacuum it =)

THAT sounds like an excellent plan! I made a cookie gingerbread house once and put it on a foil lined cookie sheet, lots of cotton, gummy drops lining the sidwalk (brown sprinkles glued down) ice cream cone trees and a lake!

I love to play with food ;)

So I finally got started last night and I have the body of my gingerbread man pin finished (he'll have a girlfriend next). He's done in RHSS Cafe & edged in white. He's 5" from head to toe and 4.5" from hand to hand... is this too big for a pin? Or is he just "festive"?? :lol It's like the different between "fat" and "plump"! I hope not, because I'm not in the mood for messing with thread! :blush

I've got beads and rick-rack for details and I'm going to sew brown felt to the back to make him good and sturdy for all his decorations. :yes Now, off to make the female body so they can get all gussied up at the same time. :hook

So I finally got started last night and I have the body of my gingerbread man pin finished (he'll have a girlfriend next). He's done in RHSS Cafe & edged in white. He's 5" from head to toe and 4.5" from hand to hand... is this too big for a pin? Or is he just "festive"?? :lol It's like the different between "fat" and "plump"! I hope not, because I'm not in the mood for messing with thread! :blush

I've got beads and rick-rack for details and I'm going to sew brown felt to the back to make him good and sturdy for all his decorations. :yes Now, off to make the female body so they can get all gussied up at the same time. :hook

I cannot wait to see them all gussied up!

Well, I'm just about finished with my little gingerbread people pins. I've gotten most of the decorating done, just have to add buttons and faces to both and finish the rickrack on my boy. And I'll have enough RHSS in Cafe to do a little ami gingerbread house, too. =) Unless I change my mind and do the tissue box cover I found online.

I should have the pins finished tonight and pics posted by tomorrow! :hook

Well, I'm just about finished with my little gingerbread people pins. I've gotten most of the decorating done, just have to add buttons and faces to both and finish the rickrack on my boy. And I'll have enough RHSS in Cafe to do a little ami gingerbread house, too. =) Unless I change my mind and do the tissue box cover I found online.

I should have the pins finished tonight and pics posted by tomorrow! :hook

Can't wait to see the pics! There's just something about all things gingerbread that I just adore.

Well, I've ALMOST finished the pins but I decided to go ahead and post the pics anyway. They're only missing the felt backing and the pin back. I swear, I thought I had brown felt but apparently I was wrong. I'll be out tomorrow, so I'll completely finish them after I pick some up.

But who cares about the felt backing anyway??? :hook

Here they are! I used RHSS in Cafe & White, sewed on rick-rack and used puffy paint for the eyes and smiles. The boy's button is a button (I thought it looked like an M & M) and the girl's buttons are little glass beads I had.

Now I just have to decide whether I want to do a gingerbread house pin, or amigurumi... :think

post-11765-135897468531_thumb.jpg

Well, I've ALMOST finished the pins but I decided to go ahead and post the pics anyway. They're only missing the felt backing and the pin back. I swear, I thought I had brown felt but apparently I was wrong. I'll be out tomorrow, so I'll completely finish them after I pick some up.

But who cares about the felt backing anyway??? :hook

Here they are! I used RHSS in Cafe & White, sewed on rick-rack and used puffy paint for the eyes and smiles. The boy's button is a button (I thought it looked like an M & M) and the girl's buttons are little glass beads I had.

Now I just have to decide whether I want to do a gingerbread house pin, or amigurumi... :think

Oh they came out so cute! I'd go with Amigurumi, think a house pin would be too large.

Ok..I am taking a deep breath here.:thair I am doing the gingerbread house in the crochet today mag. This is the first project I have done like this, I usually make toys, hats, scarves, slippers, etc. My poor house looks like it has gone through a cookie storm.:( My fingers are burnt from the hot glue and my candy.........well thats a story of its own. It doesn't seem to be matching up, and I have had to make the candy chains smaller than it called for cuz it just wasn't matching up.:think Not to mention I grabbed a cream for the iciciles, and didn't realize it till I had it glued on, so now I have pretty white snow on the roof, and dirty looking icicles. :blush I was going to give this as a gift, but may have to rethink that. Is anyone else having any problems? I think I will keep this one for myself, and hide it away, then make another one, but use a much smaller hook for the candies. Maybe that will help.

Archived