My wip bags

HappyOldCro

I have this thing about waiting til I have a pile before doing all the sewing.

Thought I'd better pic them now cause once complete they usually are gone...:D, as I give them away.

This is what is in the pile now, some only need buttons or zippers, linings and little stuff, and one needs to be completely pieced together.

At least they are heading to good homes, ;)

post-14620-135897442657_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897442662_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897442665_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897442669_thumb.jpg

OMGoodness, they're ALL so pretty, but I swooned when I saw the last two - the barrel-shaped one with the gold closures on top and the very bottom one with the tan top and the white bottom. Those are GORGEOUS, and ESPECIALLY that last one! What beautiful hardware you used on it! I am always in awe of people who can crochet purses and have them come out looking like store-bought purses. You're SO talented!

Your hook has certainly not been idle, Ms. Cro! -What a lovely lot of clutches, totes and purses! I really like the design of the last two earth tone pieces -great style! Very nice work on all. The recipients of each will love them!

Absolutely wonderful purses!! You do terrific work!

My favorite is the third one with number four a close second. I keep saying I'm going to make that pattern, but haven't yet.

:lol Just realized that the pictures done with the new method are clickable to see a larger pic...

Wanted to add that the top one is done except for lining (old habits die hard, :lol).

and there was no hardware used other than buttons on the two bottom purses. The closure on the 3rd one is 4 buttons, and a loop of chains attached to the underpart of two buttons on one side. This one just needs lining also.

The bottom one is in pieces and needs a full sewing job (mostly by hand).

The larger purse in the 2nd picture is all single crochet, with a double strand of scrap sock yarn and white crochet thread to make it stonger and give it a frosted look. It is waiting for a button closure and lining. The two pouches need zippers.

Absolutely beautiful! So many different styles. Your finished touches to them just make them magnificant. I really love the last two. Fabulous. I would really like to see the finished product on the first one. All the recipients of these bags will just be in heaven. Great Job!

What nice bags. I especially love the last 2! I can't believe the hardware on the last 2 are only buttons. What a great idea. They look so finished & professional.

BTW, is that material on the outside of the last one? It looks lovely, but just can't figure it out.

What nice bags. I especially love the last 2! I can't believe the hardware on the last 2 are only buttons. What a great idea. They look so finished & professional.

BTW, is that material on the outside of the last one? It looks lovely, but just can't figure it out.

The bottom in white is worsted weight cotton (peaches n creme), and the top is supposed to be hemp, but I used Simply Soft in a gold tone. There is grosgrain ribbon pinned to inside of handles and it will be sewed there to keep handles from stretching.

It is an Annie's Attic Pattern I purchased a while ago, it also was on clearance after that, so I don't know if they have any more. Funny, I never liked it after making it (reason why I don't finish it??). It seemed too big on bottom and too narrow on top.

:hook

Archived