Rustic Heart Bookmark (2 images)

champygirl

If anyone finds an error please let me know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:heart Rustic Heart Bookmark :heart 

post-11825-135897438274_thumb.jpg

Photobucket pic links: here and here

Copyright to champygirl August 18, 2009

Materials:

Size 10 thread
Szie 7 steel hook (1.65mm)
Needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: Heart: 1 ¾”w (at its widest) x 1 ½”h inches (at its tallest)
Bookmark as a whole: 13 ½”h x 14”h inches.

Different Sts:
Treble Crochet: Yarn over twice, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 more loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.

Directons:

Rnd 1: Ch4, 2 dc in 4th chain from hook, [ch3, 3 dc in same chain] Do this twice, ch3, join with sl st to top of chain 4 and turn. (9dc, 3 ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch4 counts as starting and 1 dc)

Rnd 2: Sl st into ch3 space, ch3, 5 dc into same ch3 space, [ch1, (3dc, ch3, 3dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this twice, ch1 and join with sl st to top of ch3 and turn. (18dc, 2 ch3 spaces and 3 ch1 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as 1 dc)

Rnd 3: Sl st in ch1 space, 11 treble crochet in next ch3 space, slst in next ch1 space, 11 treble crochet in next ch3 space, sl st in next ch1 space, sl st in each of the next 3 dc. (6 sl sts, 22 treble crochet)

Do not turn.

*Rnd 4: Ch1 sl st in same st, [Ch3 and sl st in next dc] Do this three times, Ch3, sl st in ch1 space working over sl st from Rnd 3, [ch3, sl st in next treble crochet] Do this ten times, sl st in next treble, skip next sl st, sl st in next treble, [ch3, sl st in next treble] Do this ten times, ch3 sl st in next ch1 space working over sl st from Rnd 3, [ch3, sl st in next st] Do this twice, ch3 sl st into first ch3 space. (28 ch3 loops, 31 sl sts)

*Note: If you wanty a bigger (or more noticeable) divot in between the rounded parts; instead of skipping sl st on Rnd 4; sl st into ch1 space working over the slst from Rnd 3.

Tail: Ch96, finish off leaving a 5” to 6” inch tail.

Tassel: Cut 9- 10” to 12” inch pieces of thread. Insert hook in last chain made of ch97. Fold pieces of thread in half over the hook. With hook and pieces of thread pull up a loop into the chain, take hook out of loop. Pull loose pieces of thread through loop and pull taut. Make a knot to secure end, see diagram: here(optional). Trim tassel so ends are even.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl August 18, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897438266_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chamygirl

you have the best ideas!! thanks for sharing oyur talent--i see alot of these for xmas presents along with a papeerback novel or two!!

thanks again, karen

They're beautiful! Thank you soooooo very much for sharing the pattern wiuth us - I can see lots of these getting inserted into Christmas cards and other pressies!

I've been doing the centers with sc. I think they lay flatter that when. Anyways - everyone who has received on has just loved it.

Thanks for the hint!

Archived