Hook or scissors case?

Would you prefer a hook or scissors case?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a hook or scissors case?

• Hook case
    • Scissors case
    • Either one
    • None

I've been trying to decide what to make and send out to people once a month. Kinda like Tampa Doll, but on a lesser scale. Which would you prefer? Hook case is on the left (holds 8 hooks) and scissors case is on the right (has a pocket on the other side to hold a small needle container).

post-28075-135897434122_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

afraid I am not most help...I think they are both fantastic!!!:cheer

I wasn't helpful to myself either! I voted both! I have made myself both and use both so much I couldn't decide! :rofl

I think a hook case is always useful and appreciated.

Of course, Anything that someone puts their time and caring into is a fabulous gift!

Thank you! What a sweet sentiment!

I think both are great, and either would be appreciated. I sympathize with your dilemma...EVERYONE is happy to receive a totebag, and a C'vill tote especially, but not everything is so universally appealing. What you've got there, though, is something I think everyone would like.

Your desire to do something for others is what makes me keep having faith in people.

Both of your gift ideas are wonderful and they look smashing. One little suggestion, maybe some would get more use out of the hook case as we all use different sizes of scissors.

You are a sweetie pie! :hug

I voted, but think they are both especially nice, TurtleLvr! What sets them apart from any other I've ever seen is your thoughtfulness and the kindheartedness inevitably tucked into each piece: They will hold so much m♥re than what they were fashioned for, which is so dear. :hug

Both are really neat!! Could not decide on which one!! My dh gets after me for not been able to make decisions like "where do you want to go for dinner?" :lol :lol :lol

What a sweet and generous thing to do!!!!

I love them both, but think for me I would prefer the hook case. I have more hooks than I do scissors and it would be easier for me to carry them around in a case.

They are both lovely and whoever gets either one will be very lucky.

Thanks for sharing.

What a sweet idea!

Another thought....what if...you amended the hook case pattern to add a pocket for 'whatevers' like stitch markers, small scissors, etc? Maybe as part of the flap?

The one I made for myself instead of having 8 slots for hooks I made it where there were only 3. One for scissors, one for my row counter and one for a hook. I've thought of doing that too. But as someone else said, everyone may have different sized scissors...and I've thought the same about hooks. Some people like aluminum that are skinny, where others like myself like soft touch which are wider. More thought I need to put into it...:think

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions! :hug

Maybe you could alternate. Send a hook case one month and a scissor case the next. That way if a person receives a package from you they will be left guessing what's in it til they open it.

Maybe you could alternate and do a hook case one month and a scissor case the next.

There is no rule saying you have to send the same thing every month.

(oops! should have read the whole thread before responding! Great minds think alike!)

Maybe you could alternate. Send a hook case one month and a scissor case the next. That way if a person receives a package from you they will be left guessing what's in it til they open it.

That's a good idea! :clap

(oops! should have read the whole thread before responding! Great minds think alike!)

I do the same thing! :rofl

I voted for a hook case. I agree that anything made for me would be greatly appreciated and be a perfect gift.

I voted for both, and I have a question, I use Jimbo hooks, I am totally in love with the man's creations and I use them almost all the time. I have found that they don't fit into the standard hook case. Have you thought about the size your case is going to be?

Archived