A thread purse

shannie_nae

Here are some pictures of a purse I just completed for a gift. This is an original pattern, but it was heavily inspired by a Christening gown that I have done in the past. It is made in #10 thread with a 7 hook. Let me know what you think.

post-22161-135897424694_thumb.jpg

post-22161-135897424698_thumb.jpg

post-22161-1358974247_thumb.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the pattern you did. :hug

I just did my second filet project with thread and made a small bag to use in the style of a Victorian thread bag that you wear on your wrist with your ball thread in for when you are crocheting. I haven't lined mine just left my work open but after seeing how beautiful your thread bag looks lined I might have to line mine so that the rose will show up better. :think

Beautiful, beautiful work, Shannie! The fabric you chose for the lining compliments its fine and feminine lines. Thank you for sharing with us!

My, my, I am learning so much as a result of becoming a villager. Not just the “how to” stuff, but facets of my own personality and prejudices. I have only been a member and crocheter for a very short time, and this is the first time I ever clicked on bags and purses. Why? Because guys just aren’t supposed to care much for bags etc. Wrong again John! Long story short, I clicked and was astonished. Your work was impressive, not to mention just plain beautiful. And while I gazed in awe, it dawned on me that most of my projects are gifts, and heretofore I have bought gift bags to present my work in. Thank you for another eye-opener.DUH!

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived