Fleur-de-Lis baby Afghan

cindylou4516

This is the latest Afghan I made for the 8th teacher at school having a baby. She picked out the pattern I didn't and would not have each row was a different color so that was alot of ends:eek. I don't know where she got the pattern, I know it was on line somewhere. These are also the colors she picked. Now I just found out another teacher is having a baby, but not until December, so I have time.

Found the link to the pattern for this blanket. http://www.free-crochet.com/list.html?criteria=FC00006&cat_id=297

post-17499-135897416064_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897416067_thumb.jpg

Oh, my, that's a gorgeous blanket! Very different pattern and colors for a little one, but one great afghan. You said she was number 8 to have a baby and number 9 is expecting in December, hmmmm....don't think I'd drink that water :lol :lol :lol

When I first read your post, I thought it said for the 8th grader having a baby! I did a double-take and read it again! :whew

Dobermama, I don't think I'd drink that water, either! :rofl

The afghan is very pretty! I'm sure she'll love it! You did an excellent job! :cheer

nice blanket.

but the pattern looks like(to me) 1 row of 2or3 dc,ch2,2or3 dc's, 2nd row of a v-stitch,

alternating the pattern every other row. is that what you did?

jaye

One row of shell 3dc, one row of v stitch (tr ch tr) and sc on top of shell. and yes alternating the pattern every row. Very tedious could not wait to get it done. Did force myself to do the ends as I went. Kept telling myself you dont want to leave all that for the end:lol

Very, very nice effect with this pattern. I hate changing colors and very seldom do more than one or 2 colors on an item. I just hate hiding the loose ends. Well, hiding them isn't a problem, but then you have to worry that they will show if the item is constantly used and washed. However, when I see nice patterns like this one displaying the colors, it's tempting!

Archived