Spirals (doliy) Finally Mastered!

The Shrone

svanhilddoily-thumb.jpg svanhilddetail-thumb.jpg svanhildcenter-thumb.jpg

(Click on images to see enlargement)

I've discovered the technique to making "perfect" spirals. They have been the bane of my existence since getting Patricia's book "Doilies With a Twist". What I've learned is to be sure to wind them tight and the second part is blocking them into place. The blocking seems to be the most important thing to do.

The doily is 17 inches in diameter and I used DMC Baroque in white. I'm not sure how long it took me to make this doily since I've been working off and on while in the hospital and haven't always felt up to crocheting.

I'm working on yet another spiral doily, this time for the doily swap! I'm quite excited about it because it is proving to be a real challenge and testament of my skill/patience!

~ Lori

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori, that doily is absolutely gorgeous. Spectacular, even. And yep, it certainly looks like you've mastered the spiral!

On another note, so glad to hear that you're feeling more like crocheting and back home and online again. You've been missed around here.

WOW!! :eek

That's gorgeous!!!!! I have this deep-seated fear of making doilies, but it looks like you mastered EVERYTHING about them!! Beautiful!

glad you are feeling better as well~:manyheart

Wow, Lori, your spirals are fanTAStic! What a pretty doily and I admire your ability to do such intricate work during your recent ordeal(s)!

Welcome back! I was so happy to see your post. I know we've all missed you the past couple of months!

:heart

:eek OMG LORI!!! And I have to make YOU a doily for the Doily Swap?!?!?! How will I ever live up to what you do???? Please be kind to me when you get your doily. :rofl Now I am NERVOUS!! Those doilies are GORGEOUS! I have that book and had to put it aside. Just reading over the instructions gave me nightmares.

Can I say dam* on this board? Cuz I really need to say DAM*! I keep making those pictures bigger and staring at them.....DAM*! And I mean that in a good way! DAM* GORGEOUS!!!

I had never seen a doily with the spirals before. I LOVE the raised look! The pictures are beautiful!!

All I can say is: :drool , I am in awe here... that is gorgeous!

I'm all :drool! That is beautiful!

did I mention :drool?

Absolutely spectacular, Lori! Glad you are back with us and hope you stay on the mend! Thanks for the tips on the spirals, too...I got the book, the thread, the hook, and now I just need to get the GUTS to get started!!:eek

Archived