"Chocolate Mint" RR Afghan Finished at Last!

boksie

At long last I am finished with the RR I've been working on for some time now. I usually can make one of these lickety-split but for some reason I had a hard time getting this one done. Now, I've plans to make another one but not quite this large--it's bigger than my 6'1" dh. Someone here said the "sneak peek" I gave of it reminded her of chocolate mint so that is the name of it. I hope you like it. Oh, before I forget, here it is lol! :hug

That's awesome! I like those colors together! And I too tend to overbuy when it comes to my yarn.. You aren't alone!

I love the color combination! How many rows of each color did you do? The chocolate brown makes it really striking.

When I was making this, I kept readjusting my thinking on the # of rows per stripe because I wasn't sure about the amount of yarn I'd need. So, here's what I ended up doing (b is brown, g is green and t is tan):

B 6

G 1

T 2

g 1

b 6

t 1

g 2

t 1

b 6

g 2

t 4

g 2

b 3

t 2

g 4

t 2

b 3

g 3

t 3

g 3

b 1

t 1

b 1(sc) with an extra ch 1 in the valley

I'm glad to come to crochetville and see that I am not alone in hoarding/stashing/buying yarn! My dh doesn't really say anything about it but I can tell by the way he rolls his eyes and shakes his head that he thinks I'm a bit obsessive about it. This year I'm trying (yes really trying :) ) to only buy yarn if I need it to go with what I have to do a project. I had the brown and the green for this project and only bought the tan (over bought). So, now I'm thinking I need to finish a granny square lapghan for charity that I started months ago before I start my next project that is another rr for dh's cousin who is coming to visit. Anyway, I'm getting way off topic here so I better go for now!

Great name for a beautiful afghan !!! I am sure your hubby will love cuddling up under it - especially with you !! ;)

I too tend to over buy on yarns and my hubby just rolls his eyes and give a big sigh and walks away when I come into the house from a shopping spree and he sees Michael's or JoAnn's bags in my hands. :lol

Archived