FINALLY! Super Mario Bros. obsession

Gege

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my! Absolutely unbelievable. I am not sure there is word to describe this. This is amazing, awesome, fantastic, a lot of hard work; these words are not worthy for your work. Thanks for sharing!

THAT is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! The individual panels look EXACTLY like screen shots of the game! I bow down to you, seriously, that is nothing short of a work of art! Even though I will be 52 years old next month, I LOVE video games, and the Super Mario Brothers ones are some of my favorites! Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I am so speachless on how great it looks! I kept looking at how long it must have taken. I thought I was a pretty good crocher, lol, I am once again prooven not. Awesome afghan!!!!!!!!:yay

:eek:eek :cheer:cheer :faint:faint oh my goodness!! that is a fabulous piece of work! i have no words to describe it! where is that jaw dropping smily when you need it the most! :D

congratulations!!!!!!!!! all that hard work sure paid off! simply wonderful!

truely amazing!!!!!!! I can't even begin to imagine weaving in all the ends. and the designing for such a graph. You should definitely send a picture to them. Wonderful job...

Thank you guys soooo much for the amazing positive feedback on my work!! I think I'll indeed submit it to Nintendo- my hubby thinks it's a good idea, too. :)

To answer a few questions:

There is no pattern that I followed. I searched the internet for screen shots of SMB and then used them for the map I had in my head. There is no "master graph" for any of the panels, much less for the entire project. I have absolutely no intention of creating a graph of my entire work; however, there may be a time when I decide to make a graph of a panel or two.....dunno when/if that will happen, though..... I seriously need a break from this. :)

The back is not even close to being finished.... smiley.gif I'm definitely NOT weaving in all the ends....I'm going to tie them into square knots and trimming them and then sew a king sized sheet (if it's large enough...) as a backing. My hubby has offered to help me with all the tying....he knows how lucky he is!!!! Especially after reading some of your hilarious responses!! Men seem to really appreciate this work. Wow- a crochet blanket a man actually wants made for him! I think that's one of the things I'm most proud of- to show so many people that crochet isn't just some granny's way of passing time for just making doilies. It can be, and is indeed, ART (including those awesome doilies!!!)

As for the yarn I used- it's mainly RHSS....some Vanna's Choice and the skin is a peach Caron Simply Soft....but mainly RHSS. They had the best colors!!! And, considering the amount of yarn that went into this baby, it was the most economically prudent yarn to use. smiley.gif

I am so amazed at the response this has gotten- it was just an obsession of mine...I seriously felt like Isaac from "Heroes" (or any other "future painters") when he got an artistic impulse....my eyes glazed over and I worked and worked on it until it was done. There was no "patience" involved- just a lot of impatience until I finally finished it. :)

Thank you all again!!!!

I was chatting with my boyfriend online last night, and I showed him your pics. I wish now I had thought that through a little. My sweetie is game obsessed as well, and of course, he has all kinds of ideas for my next crochet project. *Rolls eyes.* I told him that a huge amount of time and effort went into that, and that it'd be a bit of a nightmare. His response is that he's worth the effort (which IS true). Guess there's no getting out of this one! lol

Archived