FINALLY! Super Mario Bros. obsession

Gege

that is the best blanket ever!! I saw it on ravelry and could not believe how much work you put into it!! great job!! Bravo!! Hubby needs to make the bed now every day for a year, for this wonderful gift!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the biggest most awesome afghan I have ever seen! For anyone who thinks crochet is for old ladies if this doesn't prove them wrong nothing will. For someone who grew up playing Nintendo I only wish that I would have the time, patience, and skill to make something like this.

No words I could say would express how super talented and determined you are.

Send those pictures (lots and lots of pictures) to Nintendo Power magazine and I mean yesterday! Just this month they had a crocheted guitar hero scarf. Your afghan is a million billion times better.

Honestly they're not going to put you in the fan art section they're going to want to do at least a full page on you, I can feel it.

Thanks for posting more! Love this afghan! If I weren't already making DH a graph afghan I'd be designing one of these myself. I was a huge SMB fan (although the only one I own in yoshi's world). I'm working on an graph and constantly worry about how it curls I'm glad to see I'm not the only one pinning it to the floor to photograph it!

Wow! Fabulous! Amazing! Spectacular! Outstanding!

I am amazed at the time effort and energy that you put into this afghan not even considering the time you put into remaking panels. Wow!

I was reading your blog and noticed that you were not sure what you would be doing for the back side. I think you should put, which ever you decide as far as the bricks or ground plates and then if you can find fleece you could sc around to hook the fleece to the front and then rev sc around it for a slightly decorative edge. See here for one I did with a fleece back for an idea of what I am talking about.

I can't wait to see the "completed" project.

I didn't know something like that could even be done in crochet!!! It's like looking at a TV screen. That is just crazy amazing!! You have every right to be proud of your work. I'm proud of you too!

I just saw this and had to pick my jaw up off my desk before I could type. Holy Cow! That is just...WOW...:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:turtle

• 4 months later...

Gege the only things that come to mind when i see this is wow...

totally blown away viewing this amazing blanket which i wish i could make/have... i love mario brothers, classic mario at that. the dimension that you have made on your work is amazing. and the details is just incredible... the wonderful detailed scenes and the smooth lines that you have are wow...

i'm a ok crocheter and i hope that i can one day get such details (with lots of practice i know i could)

i though i was looking at something that was manufactured by a machine and when i read that you had designed this fab piece of work was such talent! the design and amount of work that you put into this is amazing!

i hope that one day i can come up with something as creative as you have.

totally awesome work you have made and i saw the party pics too! you all are so creative!

and if there is ever a pattern put up (for sale or not) i hope that when i attempt to try it, i'll not butcher it and make something presentable....

again awesome work!

alll i can say is wow!!!!! i love it. You sure are amazing I love that... I would sure be totaly proud of it. I am sure if you send a pic of it to nintendo you'd get some sorta awsome response.. Gesh I sent a pic of my daughter cheyenne when she was about 4 or 5 months old holding a bottle of pepsi suckling on the top lol.. I sent it to pepsi and They adored it.. they responded to me and said. that They love it. Even thou they did not use it in any way.. it was just so nice to get a response from a rep of pepsi and know they actualy took the time to look at my daughters pic. and still to this day she prefers pepsi (no i did not feed her pepsi at that age lol). she just had a prefrence to hold pepsi bottles lol.. she'd never touch a coke bottle just pepsi lol

Archived