Granny Square Purse

gavinsmom

I got the patter here http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1183

The yarn is Caron Simply soft brites in pink green and blue (not sure of the official names)

here are the pics:

My little model

DSC01150.jpg

I kinda mad him mad when I took it to take a pic

DSC01149.jpg

and heres a close up

DSC01148.jpg

I motified the patter a little bit they had me going around the opening with sc insted i just did dc cause thats what it looked like they did and for the handel/strap I chained till I thought it was long enough (what they had didnt seem long enough at all) and then i did dc in the blue hdc in the green and dc again in blue and attached it to the inside ... I have some pink fabric i got at walmart a while back that I plan on lining this with ... I think I may put a button on it to and make a pink flower for the strap ... this is for my niece I will make another for her sister that will be orange, yellow and purple

I must say I cant believe how much milage i have gotten out of the 6 skiens of carron ss brites i bought ... i have made 2 starghans one was a big one at 28 rounds and the other was for a car seat carrier at 20 rounds and now I have made a purse will make another and it seems like I will still have some yarn left :lol its like the never ending yarn and it was all of 12 dollars so if u think that ive made 4 maybe i will get 5 projects out of it thats like 3 dollars or less per project :eek not bad

What a cute little munchkin! That's so funny, because my two-year old (boy) took my wristlet I just finished, put a few of his toys in it, and now....:ohdear I don't think I'll be able to give it to anyone....

Tina

Timeless Creations

Edited to say: Oh yea, nice job on the purse, too! :P

What a cutie you've got there - a heartbreaker in the making!

Lovely job on the purse - love the colors - so bright and fun looking!

Give him back his purse, Mom! :rofl He looks really mad because you took it away from him. Very cute purse but adorable model! I just wanna hug him! :hug

Cute kid!:lol

And that is just the niftiest bag! How roomy is that on the inside?

its pretty small ... um i would say it might fit like 2 or 3 decks of cards in it ... the squares are like 4 inches each maybe 6

Archived