Is there a pattern that completely eludes you?

Maybe it's just me (but I doubt it).. but there's always a pattern that no matter now many times I try to do it, it never comes out right. It's really frustrating.

Mine is hats. I can-not make hats.

What's yours?

The most frustrating pattern I've ever attempted and never finished was a crocheted cabled baby afghan pattern. It was beautiful and had panels of different patterned cables, even though it wasn't worked in separate panels. It was worked totally from side to side and you had to change your cables according to the part of the pattern you were working on. I must have frogged it 20 times! When I finally felt like I was getting the hang of it, it was time to add a new skein of yarn to it. I continued for several more inches into the afghan, and noticed that the no-dye-lot yarn was a different hue! I took it and tossed it in a bag in disgust and never picked it up again! It's probably in my attic somewhere...

The Seraphina shawl and the Sweetpea shawl (from S&BHH) I do one row and then throw my darned hook across the room!

I love the Seraphina shawl! It is much easier to follow the photos instead of the written instructions, IMO.

I don't get that Sweet Pea shawl either!! Though it is pretty...I've tried with several different yarns and I always end up quitting by the 3rd row.

I've also tried the short-n-sweet, which I absolutely love, but my gauge always comes out wrong and looks like it would fit my 3 y/o. :lol

The mandala square. In order to join row 4,I end up with an extra set of ch3 (or whatever the ch length is), giving me an extra sp to crochet in on round 5 and throwing the whole thing off. I did it three times, showed to my mother, the crochet expert, and she couldn't get it either.

I will master it someday because it's a lovely square. Just not right now.

Mine is baby booties that start on the bottom of the booties. I've tried a bunch of patterns and I just can't get it right.

So I do the ones that start with the toe first.

:manyheart

I love the "throwing it across the room" :lol. I've thrown them to the side, but not across the room... although that can be so tempting.

The booties reminded me, slippers that have a "sole". I can never get it right or if I get one just okay, the other doesn't end up the same. I like the ones that start at the toe or if I do my version, just the length and decrease near the toe as needed on the rows.

Also the first square of the 63 Cable Square to make an Heirloom AFghan (or something like that in the title). I even asked here and nothing... so the leaflet is somewhere put away for a future date when I am really ready to try it... maybe...

I am in the process of doing a series of granny squares in different sizes and being that I have two books of granny squares, no two squares will be the same. So Saturday night I started an 8 inch square, took me about 5 hrs to finish the darn thing. And I will never due it again. It was murder. I must have put the thing down and came back to it two dozen times. The pattern was a third place winner from Edna Neuhart in 1997.

Mine is Doris Chan's Everyday Crochet. Love the way everything looks, but when I started on one, I felt like a blooming idiot! It made such a pretty lopsided piece of lace that I have it pinned to my bulletin board. . . but it in no way resembles the beginning of a sweater collar!

Mine used to be hats until I did the Boy Beanie in SNB book. Now hats are easy!! Booties still elude me so far.

Mine is wearables for me or for anyone. Especially sweaters and cardigans. Basically anything that has to be a certain size.

I've been trying to do a baby cardigan, and I either get it to be Barbie Doll size for the 0-3 months or it turns out big enough for a 5 year old (the 3-6 month size) -- :think

I started a seperate thread, not seeing this one, sorry... so frustrated today!!!

But I have decided to thin out all the patterns for size required 'things'... I am so frustrated at trying to make this cardigan pattern.

I have raised the white flag! :yes

I have crocheted for over 20 years and can do just about any stitch or pattern as long as it doesn't have to ..... no pun intended.... measure up!

HATS for me, too! I don't understand it. What is it that I am doing wrong? They just never turn out right. Sigh.

Not so hot with wearables, either. Then only thing I am ever truly really happy with are my doilies.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is the wooleater blanket!! I would love someone just to show me where the darn stitches are supposed to go. Its like reading chinese the sense it makes to me.

If anyone knows how to do it I would be eternally grateful :hook

Right now my problem is the round ripple but I am getting close, I think!!! I can see the row that is creating the problem but figuring out why is another problem!!

Peggy Pennie

I used Aggie May's pattern and I was a little confused too until I PMed her a few times and she was able to inadvertently explain what I was doing wrong. I had 6 points instead of 12 hehe... You'll get it though. if I can do it, you can do it!

Archived