Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Cute Tam! Just love those fishies!

Here's mine today. Continuing to use the tiny textures pattern.

Hey! Jempast if you are out there - you once asked what this yarn was. I have since discovered that it is Sugar 'n Cream Patio Pinks. It doesn't pool as cooly as the Lion Cotton Sagebrush, and doesn't show the pattern texture as well, but it's nice in its own right.

post-19794-135897476688_thumb.jpg

I made it too small, so had to dc around to increase the size a bit more than sc.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +15

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay.......... here is my dishcloth for today.

I made it for a 'Christmas Round Robin'

[ATTACH]11224[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

WOW!!!!!! I have been looking at your dishcloths and are they are incredible!!! Talk about variety and unique!!! I just had to compliment you on your work!! Hoping one day I get motivated to try and succeed at those type of patterns you have made! :hug

Here is my dishcloth for Tuesday. Cute !!

Love that fishy pattern.... great colors!

WOW!!!!!! I have been looking at your dishcloths and are they are incredible!!! Talk about variety and unique!!! I just had to compliment you on your work!! Hoping one day I get motivated to try and succeed at those type of patterns you have made! :hug

awww.... thanks hon! I really appreciate the compliments!

dishcloths are one of my favorite things to make ... they are great mindless work inbetween major projects... there is a great varity of patterns out there to choose from or create....... and they are a useful item!! :U

Just discovered this CAL/KAL. All the discloths look fantastic. :cheer

I have recently got hooked on making discloths. Now I'm addicted. Hope this thread continues next year. I'm hoping to make more for presents.

Everyone's cloths look great! I feel like I've made some since we moved that I haven't posted here, I will have to go look. :think I saw a 'Star Trek' dishcloth on Ravelry that I want to knit for our 17 year old (someday...)

Okay, I am pretty sure I haven't posted these here yet; a four corners one I just did, and a Maple Leaf one:

post-20-135897484688_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897484694_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I like it!! Looks great!

I saw a snowman dishcloth - square with buttons (more for hangin in the kitchen than being useful) that i'm gonna try to make today.

Havent been here in long time...Happy New Year everybody!!

Tam, that's got to be one of the neatest fish dishcloths yet! Great work.

Aww… thank you so much! :hug

I like it!! Looks great!

I saw a snowman dishcloth - square with buttons (more for hangin in the kitchen than being useful) that i'm gonna try to make today.

Havent been here in long time...Happy New Year everybody!!

Thank you!!!

Oh……….cant wait to see the snowman cloth!!! J

OK - I'm very new to "organized" crochet projects. I saw this CAL and would like to join in but I have some very basic questions:

1. Is there a special yarn/material used to make dishcloths specifically?

2. If yes to Q1, does it matter if I use plain ole yarn?

3. Are there certain stitches that are preferred for dishcloths or stitches that should be avoided at all costs?

4. What is the standard size for a dishcloth?

5. What is blocking? (saw it mentioned before)

6. Are there any "common knowledge" things that need to be known about dishcloths or is it pretty much a free for all on what goes?

7. Any tips for getting started?

Here's a dishcloth I've made with in the past couple of days:

post-4632-135897492726_thumb.jpg

I've made quite a few of these. Gave one to my sis for christmas (it was in pink so it matched the afghan I gave her too).

I have SOOOOOO much cotton yarn. I HAVE to start making more dishcloths, potholders, and scrubbers.

Julee

OK - I'm very new to "organized" crochet projects. I saw this CAL and would like to join in but I have some very basic questions:

1. Is there a special yarn/material used to make dishcloths specifically? it really depends on your taste in yarn... I personally use 100% cotton

2. If yes to Q1, does it matter if I use plain ole yarn? again... up to you dear! I use alot of scrap cotton handed down to me by my aunt.

3. Are there certain stitches that are preferred for dishcloths or stitches that should be avoided at all costs? I try to stay away from patterns with alot of holes in them. I like a dishcloth that is close in stitches.

4. What is the standard size for a dishcloth? gosh... 10x10 - ish

5. What is blocking? (saw it mentioned before) I dont block my dishcloths... but if you feel you need to... I get a wet blocking would work.

Wet Blocking works best on projects made with thread, such as doilies, coasters, or place mats. If the item is hand washable, use a mild soap or detergent and rinse it without wringing or twisting. Rolling the project in a succession of dry towels helps to absorb the excess moisture. After laying your project on a flat surface, gently smooth it into shape and pin it down. When it's dry, it's blocked.

6. Are there any "common knowledge" things that need to be known about dishcloths or is it pretty much a free for all on what goes? have fun and create till your hearts content.

7. Any tips for getting started? enjoy yourself!

:whew............. did I help?

Cant wait to see your dishcloths!

Here's a dishcloth I've made with in the past couple of days:

[ATTACH]14587[/ATTACH]

I've made quite a few of these. Gave one to my sis for christmas (it was in pink so it matched the afghan I gave her too).

I have SOOOOOO much cotton yarn. I HAVE to start making more dishcloths, potholders, and scrubbers.

Julee

Oh... .Julee............. that is so pretty!!!

:whew............. did I help?

Cant wait to see your dishcloths!

Awesome! Thank you!

I guess I had so many questions simply because the posts here make it seem so formal hehehe

OK.. dishcloth on Tuesday.... I think I may be able to do *most* Tuesdays :)

Archived