Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay! Here's mine for this week. (I've got to figure out how to photograph so that the image isn't "keystoned.") It looks quite rough since I am not used to crocheting in rows. I stopped long ago, since I realized that I absolutely hated crocheting into a chain. This is a first in years...decades. Anyway, I used the un-named stitch described by LegalWoman17/Debbie in post #45 on page 5. It started with a row of sc, so I took the opportunity to try out foundation single crochet for the first time. I love it! I may never do a chain again, though it will take more practice to get it looking even and nice. I have twisted the photo to show the fsc on the bottom. The square was bordered with sc.

post-19794-135897438242_thumb.jpg

A further note on the stitch. Using foundation stitches you've got to subtract the number of chains that create the first stitch, so the pattern for this one was an odd number, (25 - my sister likes small dish cloths).

Next week: April's Purple Passion Heart Square from Dishcloth Diaries. I'll try to use up more of this orange (not my favorite color).

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Okay! Here's mine for this week. (I've got to figure out how to photograph so that the image isn't "keystoned.") It looks quite rough since I am not used to crocheting in rows. I stopped long ago, since I realized that I absolutely hated crocheting into a chain. This is a first in years...decades. Anyway, I used the un-named stitch described by LegalWoman17/Debbie in post #45 on page 5. It started with a row of sc, so I took the opportunity to try out foundation single crochet for the first time. I love it! I may never do a chain again, though it will take more practice to get it looking even and nice. I have twisted the photo to show the fsc on the bottom. The square was bordered with sc.

[ATTACH]7112[/ATTACH]

A further note on the stitch. Using foundation stitches you've got to subtract the number of chains that create the first stitch, so the pattern for this one was an odd number, (25 - my sister likes small dish cloths).

Next week: April's Purple Passion Heart Square from Dishcloth Diaries. I'll try to use up more of this orange (not my favorite color).

-Marzee

Very pretty. TFS!

okay, so it took a couple of days to get pics taken, but here is everything I've done to get ready for a possible craft show. I used up the last of some I Love This Cotton. This is actually a granny square - Diamond Center pattern

post-25291-13589743982_thumb.jpg

Very pretty dishcloths and scrubbies, Elise! I particularly like the Fireblossom Cloth. And the carousel colorway is fabulous. It creates yarn lust in my heart :devil

Here's my contribution for today:

post-19794-135897440607_thumb.jpg

It is made using April Morelands "April's Purple Passion Heart Square" pattern from Dishcloth Diaries. I changed the corners on the last round to 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc to square them up more. Also, I made it in these colors to further use up some of that (free) orange that I don't particularly like and as a practice for a more conventional color grouping using Lion Cotton's orchid and (free) no-name white.

I don't know,...I find triple/treble crochet a difficult stitch. I wish Annie's Attic had provided an I hook when they had their on-a-roll promotion (bullion stitch). I would find that hook much easier to use for tr. Maybe I'll do it using an H hook next time, since I have the H bullion hook to pair with it, though I'll have to add anther row or two to achieve the 7" that my sister prefers.

-Marzee

Love the heart dishcloth! I'm not going to be able to crochet a dishcloth today. :sigh

I have to get to work on some bookmarks. It's a shame, too because I really need some new dishcloths at home! Maybe I can get one done. :devil

I went to Michigan to help out my Dad after his surgery (looooong story). The only thing I brought to work on was dishcloths and a pair of socks. (Guess which one I worked on more? :P) I made one more, out of a book I brought with me. But my camera ate all my pictures that I took. :angry And I gave it away. My Aunt gave me a little scrubby that she bought at a craft show; it's crocheted with some kind of mesh. I wanted to make one from it, but don't know if I ever will figure it out.

post-20-135897443536_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897443539_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]7112[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Very pretty.

I went to Michigan to help out my Dad after his surgery (looooong story). The only thing I brought to work on was dishcloths and a pair of socks. (Guess which one I worked on more? :P) I made one more, out of a book I brought with me. But my camera ate all my pictures that I took. :angry And I gave it away. My Aunt gave me a little scrubby that she bought at a craft show; it's crocheted with some kind of mesh. I wanted to make one from it, but don't know if I ever will figure it out.

Those are beautiful. Of course all of your dishcloths are.

Tam that is really cool! I never thought to do that with a dishcloth.

Jempast, I think dishcloths sell well at art festivals. I guess it depends on what kind of festival it is, is it an Arts & Crafts show? Like 'Art in the Park' type thing? Or at a high school? Then they would probably sell well, I would think.

Archived