Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Tina, love that gone fishin dishcloth. My dad also loves to fish, (but I doubt he ever does dishes!)

I also really like the short row tunisian dishcloth, but I just barely know how to work tunisian crochet....

I am making another dishcloth from this pattern for myself. I need some new dishcloths.

http://macrochet.blogspot.com/2008/10/free-crochet-dishcloth-pattern.html

I like this pattern because it is textured, but not thick.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bumping this up.

I've been lurking and decided to participate. If it's Tuesday, it must be dish cloth time.

I don't use dish cloths myself, but my sister has asked for as many as I would like to make. She likes a smaller, more hand sized, dish cloth, and said that 7" square works best for her.

So here's one for this week. A solid dc granny square:

post-19794-135897435506_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what others's have made. I'm considering the pattern provided by LegalWoman 17 (Debbie - pg 5 #45) for my next one.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Very nice Marzee!!!!

My dishcloth for today..........

knitted mitered dishcloth.

[ATTACH]6718[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Very Pretty!! Don't you just love that pattern. I've made tons of those.

Julee

Okay I'll bite.

Love the dish cloth! Very Pretty! Sometimes I wish I could knit and make pretty lacey things like that.

But what is "mitered"?:think

-Marzee

Very Pretty!! Don't you just love that pattern. I've made tons of those.

Julee

yes! I really like this pattern... its easy and different!

Okay I'll bite.

Love the dish cloth! Very Pretty! Sometimes I wish I could knit and make pretty lacey things like that.

But what is "mitered"?:think

-Marzee

**mitered: joint that forms a corner

**The joint made by two diagonally pieces put together. :hook

Oh! I see! My dad had a miter box he used to cut diagonal pieces of molding.

They start in the corner, right? I think I might have crocheted one of these in the far flung past (1976?), but not as pretty. I'll have to revisit my patterns.

Thanks Teakaycee! :hug

-Marzee

Oh! I see! My dad had a miter box he used to cut diagonal pieces of molding.

They start in the corner, right? I think I might have crocheted one of these in the far flung past (1976?), but not as pretty. I'll have to revisit my patterns.

Thanks Teakaycee! :hug

-Marzee

heheheeheee... you got it! :hug

Welcome to the CAL Redfans. :welcome

Here is my 'Gone Fishin' dishcloth (from Digknitty Designs) and another grandmother's favorite. These are both for my Dad. I bought the Gone Fishin one with him in mind. He loves to go fishing, and has to do the dishes every day. (I bet he'd rather be fishing, so I knit this for him...)

I have to get that gone fishin pattern. I have to knit my dad one of those for his birthday. He helps my mom with the dishes! Thanks for sharing. The gone fishin one is just too cute.

I made another Tunisian Short Row dishcloth. This one I made look like a beach ball. I made it for my mother. We have an auction at our family reunion every year to help pay for family activities. I made two in varigated green and white to be sold. They went for $10. My mom wanted a set and said, "I'll just have her make me some. I need them in red." I told her that I wouldn't make her any, but she could pay the family treasury $10 for them and I'd make her a set in her colors. So, today I made the first one. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it the same way or if I'm going to use a solid and a varigated color. I really like the way those look.

Okay thanks a lot Nicole. Because of you there is something else I am wanting to learn after my art festival is over. :lol The worst part is I am intimated by Tunisan knit stitch thank goodness there is a video demonstration. I have tried tunisan before and have a hard time with it. I am determined to master before this year ends! I refuse to let tunisan conquer me.

Welcome to the CAL, and to Crochetville, Melanie. :hook

I knitted this one today. I saw a scrap yarn idea on a dishcloth group I am in (the ballband was one of them, using scraps for the stripes..); and tried it today. I also knitted another 'grandmother's favorite' or 'idiot's dishcloth'. I just haven't taken a picture of it yet. (It looks just like the other ones I did, just a different color... :P)

Did you have a ton of yarn tails to weave in by doing a scrap dishcloth?

I'm bumping this up.

I've been lurking and decided to participate. If it's Tuesday, it must be dish cloth time.

I don't use dish cloths myself, but my sister has asked for as many as I would like to make. She likes a smaller, more hand sized, dish cloth, and said that 7" square works best for her.

So here's one for this week. A solid dc granny square:

[ATTACH]6714[/ATTACH]

I'm looking forward to seeing what others's have made. I'm considering the pattern provided by LegalWoman 17 (Debbie - pg 5 #45) for my next one.

-Marzee

What brand & color yarn did you use? I love that color. I must get a skein of it.

Welcome to the CAL Redfans. :welcome

Here is my 'Gone Fishin' dishcloth (from Digknitty Designs) and another grandmother's favorite. These are both for my Dad. I bought the Gone Fishin one with him in mind. He loves to go fishing, and has to do the dishes every day. (I bet he'd rather be fishing, so I knit this for him...)

Those are beautiful dishcloths. I will have to buy the gone fishin pattern for my Daddy to. He is retired but my Mom still works. So he does all of the cooking & cleaning now. Like your Dad I bet my Dad would rather be fishing then cleaning. He goes to his lake house in AL every chance he gets he is there today as a matter of fact. He gets up at 5am to go fishing! :eekDoes your Dad get up that early. MY Dad will stay out on the lake until lunch time. Men and their fishing hobby. I guess they think the same about us women and their crochet/knitting hobby. :lol

What brand & color yarn did you use? I love that color. I must get a skein of it.

I haven't got a clue!:think I got it when someone in the knitting group (where I'm the token crocheter) destashed. Others snatched up the really pretty colors and I got left with orange, white, and that varigated (which isn't too bad). Anyway, no bands to tell you. Reminds me of Lion cotton, though, since I have some skeins of that.

See you tomorrow!

-Marzee

Archived