Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

I have been AWOL for a few weeks but I have a pic to post so here I am.

Great dishcloths Nicole and Tam!:clap The basket weave one is really cool. I thought of doing that in crochet, but the stitches are all around-the-post which I think would make the cloth too thick to use. Hmm, maybe I'll try it with that thin aqua cotton that has given me trouble with other stitches....

Anyway, here is a snowflake dishcloth using a pattern (#96) from 101 Crochet Squares. It has been a WIM for a while.

[ATTACH]10440[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10441[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10442[/ATTACH]

It's 7-1/4" x 7-1/4", the size my sister prefers.

See you next week.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +4

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Your dishcloth is gorgeous too. I have that square pattern book, but it never occured to me to make any of them into dishcloths.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your dishcloth is gorgeous too. I have that square pattern book, but it never occured to me to make any of them into dishcloths.

Why, thank you! :blush

Most dishcloth patterns are much bigger than ~7"x7", so it is understandable that you wouldn't consider them for that use. Of course, one could keep adding rounds until the desired size is reached. I have done the opposite with patterns for 12" squares. I just go to ~7" and stop on whatever round that is.

What sizes are you all making your cloths?:think

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Great dishcloths Nicole and Tam!:clap The basket weave one is really cool. I thought of doing that in crochet, but the stitches are all around-the-post which I think would make the cloth too thick to use. Hmm, maybe I'll try it with that thin aqua cotton that has given me trouble with other stitches....

Anyway, here is a snowflake dishcloth using a pattern (#96) from 101 Crochet Squares. It has been a WIM for a while.

See you next week.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

:clap Gorgeous!

Why, thank you! :blush

Most dishcloth patterns are much bigger than ~7"x7", so it is understandable that you wouldn't consider them for that use. Of course, one could keep adding rounds until the desired size is reached. I have done the opposite with patterns for 12" squares. I just go to ~7" and stop on whatever round that is.

What sizes are you all making your cloths?:think

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Mine are usually on the smaller size for decorative dishcloths. The one's I actually use are larger...I like to be able to hide all of my hand.

See you next week.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

thanks for the complement!

I LOVE your dishcloth!!!! How Pretty!

Both dishcloths are pretty, but I really like the woven look one.

Thanks hon.... I like that one too!

Here's a simple dishcloth for Dishcloth Tuesday. It's done in Peaches & Creme sunflower color. Looks very Fall-ish !!

OH.... How Pretty!!!!

:heart

:mug

I did one - finally - for dishcloth tuesday!!! My camera is not uploading correctly, so no pic, but its the star shaped dishcloth thats on CPC. I had it gifted to me in a swap, and loved it, so i found a pattern for it and made another one. I used a smaller hook so the stitches were tighter and thicker, like the one gifted. Its the perfect size for putting under bowls and smaller plates that are hot. The one i made is in an ombre of purples, hunter and sage green - countryside by sugar & cream. turned out really pretty.

Here's a simple dishcloth for Dishcloth Tuesday. It's done in Peaches & Creme sunflower color. Looks very Fall-ish !!

Great dish cloth Debbie! :clap

I really like that stitch! I found it first when you provided it back on Page 5 (#45), I did my second posted dishcloth with that pattern on page 53 (#528). Later I saw it on Ravelry, and recently I found it in 200 Crochet Blocks (named "Tiny Texture"). I'm thinking of doing another one soon.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +6

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Here is my dishcloth so far. Its not the best picture but after a dozen tries I gave up.

I ran out of yarn, so I won't be able to finish it until I get to a store that sells this yarn..

Quite nice "so far", Cindy! :) Doesn't look like you have that far to go. Those knitted picture ones are just sooo cool!

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

I picked up some bits and pieces of cotton yarn from an arts and crafts resale shop (for the benefit of local schools - scrapaction.org). Here is one I did pretty quickly since it is just a solid granny. Until I examined the pic, I didn't realize when I bordered it with some white I had, that the color in the yarn was off-white. Oh, well. I am not going to redo it 'cause I don't have any off-white in my stash. I guess I should have blocked it, too; that right hand side is rather funky.

post-19794-135897466069_thumb.jpg

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Here is my dishcloth so far. Its not the best picture but after a dozen tries I gave up.

I ran out of yarn, so I won't be able to finish it until I get to a store that sells this yarn..

oooooooooh.......... thats COOL!!!:hook

I picked up some bits and pieces of cotton yarn from an arts and crafts resale shop (for the benefit of local schools - scrapaction.org). Here is one I did pretty quickly since it is just a solid granny. Until I examined the pic, I didn't realize when I bordered it with some white I had, that the color in the yarn was off-white. Oh, well. I am not going to redo it 'cause I don't have any off-white in my stash. I guess I should have blocked it, too; that right hand side is rather funky.

[ATTACH]10812[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Oh.... what fresh colors!!! LOVE IT!

:knit and here is my dishcloth for the day...

post-18634-135897466137_thumb.jpg

:knit and here is my dishcloth for the day...

[ATTACH]10826[/ATTACH]

Tam, How cool is that! You knitters are just so crafty! :wink It's a mystery to me. I'm in the dark when it comes to that art.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

[ATTACH]10812[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

It looks great!

Okay, Here's mine for today, clearly illustrating my inability to crochet in rows. I am pleased with my increasing ability with foundation single crochet, though.

The pattern is from 200 Crochet Squares, #62, "Edged Square." That book is such a rip. This square occurs at least eight times, just in different colors, and they count it each time. That in mind, mine could be #201.;) Sometime I will have to go through it and see exactly how many different square patterns there actually are.

post-19794-135897469178_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the color combination, I was desperate to rid myself of that orange. I usually don't look free yarn in the mouth, but I shouldn't have taken that one. Everyone else got the good colors.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: +10

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Okay, Here's mine for today, clearly illustrating my inability to crochet in rows. I am pleased with my increasing ability with foundation single crochet, though.

The pattern is from 200 Crochet Squares, #62, "Edged Square." That book is such a rip. This square occurs at least eight times, just in different colors, and they count it each time. That in mind, mine could be #201.;) Sometime I will have to go through it and see exactly how many different square patterns there actually are.

[ATTACH]11220[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the color combination, I was desperate to rid myself of that orange. I usually don't look free yarn in the mouth, but I shouldn't have taken that one. Everyone else got the good colors.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Whoa........... thats really COOL!!!! :hook

[ATTACH]11220[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

That's a cool dishcloth! I love the color combo. :D That's a good bit of information about that book, too.

Okay.......... here is my dishcloth for today.

I made it for a 'Christmas Round Robin'

[ATTACH]11224[/ATTACH]

Those are too stinkin' cute!

Okay.......... here is my dishcloth for today.

I made it for a 'Christmas Round Robin'

[ATTACH]11224[/ATTACH]

Oh, Tam! This is just so neat! :clap

I think I could figure it out from your pic, but if there is a free pattern out there, could you send me in that direction, please?

And thank you and Nicole for the compliments.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Archived