Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Tina, Tam,

Very nice dishcloths!

I have only gotten the heart done on my next dishcloth, so I have no contribution this week:( I guess we're allowed. I should have it to show next week.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the dishcloth, teakaycee! :yes

Here's my dishcloth for today. I'll be mailing it off to a 'Ville member for her little hugs project.

oh you stinker.............. you've outdone me again! Very cool dishcloth!!! :yes

:heart

:mug

Love the dishcloth, teakaycee! :yes

Here's my dishcloth for today. I'll be mailing it off to a 'Ville member for her little hugs project.

Pretty cool dish cloth, Nicole!

:think Looks like the Short Row Tunisian dishcloth with four "panels" instead of six. Right?

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Thanks all!

It is crocheted. It's not difficult at all. It's four triangles of SC in the back loops. It is in the Lily Sugar 'N Cream Award Winning Dishcloths pattern booklet. It's called Pretty Pastels.

I have to find interesting looking crochet dishcloth patterns because I can't knit! :no

I finished up the dishcloth that I had only part done last week. I'm not totally happy with the look of this, but I have to think of how it will be used, then it's not so bad.

post-19794-135897446256_thumb.jpg

Well these four are the WIMs that I had. So now I have to look around for my next one. I have recently acquired the 250 basic stitches book. Maybe I'll find something interesting there.

May take a couple weeks, especially now that I'm working on my lapgan for cancer patients.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: 0

Lapgans for cancer patients

Alas, I have nothing to contribute today.

I finally gave in and clicked on the advertisement for the 50 Fabulous Squares book and got it in the mail last week. (I am a squares addict.) It has some good dish cloth possibilities. I have started one based on the Sunny Day pattern. I finally got the I and J bamboo hooks, so I am hoping they will help with the triple crochet stitches in this pattern. Maybe I can work on it during lunch.

Nice job everyone, thanks for keeping this CAL going!

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: +4

Lapgans for cancer patient

Well, I finished it last night - Still Tuesday, Right?

post-19794-13589744906_thumb.jpg

Not a thing of beauty. I was working on using up some small balls of kitchen cotton (the blues and a bit of tan) that I once got in an estate stash. Lesson learned - a multi colored yarn, in this case Lion Cotton's Sagebrush, doesn't work next to exactly matching single colors, in this case no-name-tan and Lion Cotton's Seaspray. It just makes it look messy.

Now I will forge onward. I am eyeing a snowflake pattern from 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser. And I am thinking about what to do with some rather thin aqua colored yarn from that same estate stash.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +5/YTD: +5

[ATTACH]8780[/ATTACH]

Not a thing of beauty. I was working on using up some small balls of kitchen cotton (the blues and a bit of tan) that I once got in an estate stash. Lesson learned - a multi colored yarn, in this case Lion Cotton's Sagebrush, doesn't work next to exactly matching single colors, in this case no-name-tan and Lion Cotton's Seaspray. It just makes it look messy.

Now I will forge onward. I am eyeing a snowflake pattern from 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser. And I am thinking about what to do with some rather thin aqua colored yarn from that same estate stash.

-Marzee

Marzee, I think it's a very pretty square. :clap

I love that design, Tam...gonna have to make some of Karen's dishcloths today.

Thanks hon......... now is karen's a crocheted pattern?

I like that one, Tam. :knit And Debbie, I meant to comment on yours, too. Great job everyone. You, too; Marzee. :hook

[ATTACH]8780[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Wow.. thats cool!!!!

Thanks hon......... now is karen's a crocheted pattern?

Sorry....I was talking about the Karen here....Krakovianka. She has one she designed that looks very similar to the one you made.

Marzee - As usual, I love your dishcloth for this week!

You guys are just too kind! :manyheart

I really love seeing the great cloths all of you have made, too!

Teakaycee, Let me guess...on that cool Multidirectional Cloth, it looks like you used some of the same colors that I just used - Lion Cotton Seaspray and Sagebrush, Right?

Too bad LC is so expensive. And yarnlust causing :devil

About time I sent all these off to my sister. Maybe Friday.

-Marzee

I made a blueberry muffin. :knit Dishcloth, that is... :D I got the pattern at Digknittydesigns, I will try and find the ravelry link: Here it is.

I was knitting this and about half way through I thought 'I should have made this blue, for *blue*berry...' So now I am making a blue one, too. If you don't have a Ravelry account, you can find it at digknittydesigns.blogspot.com (you will have to scroll down through about 500 dishcloths to find it, though...)

post-20-135897451557_thumb.jpg

Archived