Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Marzee and Tamm, your dishcloths look great.

I have two dishcloths to show this week, the camel one is a knit moose dishcloth, (although I think it looks more like a deer), and the blue one is a crocheted cloth. I couldn't get a good picture of the knit one at all, and it still needs to be blocked to look good. However, its a dishcloth, so I'm not sure I'm going to bother.

I am currently working on two more knit dishcloths, but they are mysteries, so I don;t know what I am going to end up with.

post-6189-13589746948_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897469484_thumb.jpg

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marzee and Tamm, your dishcloths look great.

I have two dishcloths to show this week, the camel one is a knit moose dishcloth, (although I think it looks more like a deer), and the blue one is a crocheted cloth. I couldn't get a good picture of the knit one at all, and it still needs to be blocked to look good. However, its a dishcloth, so I'm not sure I'm going to bother.

I am currently working on two more knit dishcloths, but they are mysteries, so I don;t know what I am going to end up with.

ooooooooooooooh......... those are neat!

GREAT JOB!!! ^5

:heart

:mug

Everyones' dishcloths are great. I know it's hard to capture the 'picture' in the cloth sometimes, Gardener. I can see it though. :) Great work everyone. :cheer I'll be the cheerleader; since 1. I haven't made any dishcloths in a while, and 2. I never was one in real life. :P

Well, I didn't make it to JoAnn this weekend, so I still don't have the cotton that I need to make the Christmas ornament dishcloth.

But I still have other stash, so I thought I would use up some using the Favorite Dishcloth Stitch/Tiny Textures pattern. This one is Lion Cotton Sagebrush. I love how the colors swirl.

[attach]11662[/attach]

Turned out a bit rectangular because I went a few rows past square and didn't want to frog back. Could have paid a little more attention to the corners, also; two are sharp and two are rounded, even though I put 3 sc in each per the instructions. But, HEY! it's only a dishcloth.

This is my second go, the first was back on page 53, #528. I am still thrilled with the foundation single crochet and the opportunities to use it.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +11

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

November Charity blast 12th 17th

post-19794-135897472055_thumb.jpg

Well, I didn't make it to JoAnn this weekend, so I still don't have the cotton that I need to make the Christmas ornament dishcloth.

But I still have other stash, so I thought I would use up some using the Favorite Dishcloth Stitch/Tiny Textures pattern. This one is Lion Cotton Sagebrush. I love how the colors swirl.

[attach]11662[/attach]

Turned out a bit rectangular because I went a few rows past square and didn't want to frog back. Could have paid a little more attention to the corners, also; two are sharp and two are rounded, even though I put 3 sc in each per the instructions. But, HEY! it's only a dishcloth.

This is my second go, the first was back on page 53, #528. I am still thrilled with the foundation single crochet and the opportunities to use it.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

That turned out GREAT!

I love the texture!!!!

[attach]11662[/attach]

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Here is my dishcloth for today........

[ATTACH]11672[/ATTACH]

Both are beautiful!

Here are my dishcloths for this week. Both are knit and both were mystery projects. The one that is pictured in black and white is actually red, but the picture doesn't show up at all in color.

oooooooooooh........ those are neat!!!! :yes

Well these aren't dishcloths, but they're dish-washing *related*... I used the spiral scrubbie pattern and Hearts idea here to make "Pumpkin Scrubbies". :hook (Link to Spiral Scrubbie pattern is in that link, too.)

post-20-135897472576_thumb.jpg

Well these aren't dishcloths, but they're dish-washing *related*... I used the spiral scrubbie pattern and Hearts idea here to make "Pumpkin Scrubbies". :hook (Link to Spiral Scrubbie pattern is in that link, too.)

okay...........those are too cool!!!

I picked up some bits and pieces of cotton yarn from an arts and crafts resale shop (for the benefit of local schools - scrapaction.org). Here is one I did pretty quickly since it is just a solid granny. Until I examined the pic, I didn't realize when I bordered it with some white I had, that the color in the yarn was off-white. Oh, well. I am not going to redo it 'cause I don't have any off-white in my stash. I guess I should have blocked it, too; that right hand side is rather funky.

[ATTACH]10812[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +6

Yo Yo’s for Charity

That is really a beautiful dishcloth. The white and off-white contrast is not as bad you think. And the unevenness actually makes it quite charming! I love it! Where can I find the pattern for this?

I know today ain't Tuesday, and frankly it's been a few years since I made the dishcloth pictured below (unfortunately the lighting is terrible, so the color is a bit off; it's a knit project). But it is truly one of my treasured projects, and I can't wait to try my hand at crocheting dishcloths!

post-29943-135897473286_thumb.jpg

Where can I find the pattern for this?

There are many solid granny square patterns out there. You could google that for clear instructions, but this is the one I slightly modified and use.

Solid Granny Square

1. Ch 5, join with a slip stitch to form a ring.

2. Ch 3 (counts as 1DC), 2 DC in chain loop, *CH 2, 3 DC*, 3 times, end with slip stitch in top of Ch3 . (4 shells)

3. Slip stitch to corner loop (or attach new color there), Ch 3, 1 DC, CH2, 2DC in corner loop. DC in each DC across, 2 DC, CH 2, 2 DC in corner loop, repeat around, end with a slip stitch in top loop of Ch3. (7 DC/side) Repeat for each round that you want to make your granny square larger. 4 DC will be added on each side with every 2DC, CH 2, 2DC corner. This is how many DC will be in each side as it gets larger:

4. 11 DC total each side

5. 15 DC total each side

6. 19 DC total each side

7. 23 DC total each side

Clear as mud?:think

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +12

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Very nice dishcloths Cindy, Tam, and SolarSoda! :clap And really neat scrubbies, Tina!:clap

Went to JoAnn on Saturday. They were out of Christmas red cotton.:angry Then I went a way down the strip to Walmart. They were also out.:angry Just the wrong time of year to try to find some, I guess. Michael's is a bit too far afield, though I might get desperate enough to make that trek. Anyway, still no ornament cloth.

So here's mine for this week. I'm now down to one tiny wad of that Lion Cotton Orchid color. I really love this stitch. I can see why it is a favorite. Still trying to figure out what the right side is. This is the most interesting texture-wise.

post-19794-135897474403_thumb.jpg

I think I like the prints better. I still have some of that Sugar ' Cream Patio Pinks yarn. Maybe I'll try that next and see how that comes out.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +13

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Very nice dishcloths Cindy, Tam, and SolarSoda! :clap And really neat scrubbies, Tina!:clap

Went to JoAnn on Saturday. They were out of Christmas red cotton.:angry Then I went a way down the strip to Walmart. They were also out.:angry Just the wrong time of year to try to find some, I guess. Michael's is a bit too far afield, though I might get desperate enough to make that trek. Anyway, still no ornament cloth.

So here's mine for this week. I'm now down to one tiny wad of that Lion Cotton Orchid color. I really love this stitch. I can see why it is a favorite. Still trying to figure out what the right side is. This is the most interesting texture-wise.

[ATTACH]12033[/ATTACH]

I think I like the prints better. I still have some of that Sugar ' Cream Patio Pinks yarn. Maybe I'll try that next and see how that comes out.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Can I ask what pattern that is? I like it.

Can I ask what pattern that is? I like it.

The way I first found it is in this thread. Check out page 5, post #45 by Debbie/LegalWoman17.

I have since found it on Ravelry ("My favorite Dishcloth" or something like that) and titled "Tiny Textures" in the 200 Crochet Squares book.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

The way I first found it is in this thread. Check out page 5, post #45 by Debbie/LegalWoman17.

I have since found it on Ravelry ("My favorite Dishcloth" or something like that) and titled "Tiny Textures" in the 200 Crochet Squares book.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Thank you Marzee

[ATTACH]12033[/ATTACH]

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

oooooooooooh............NICE dishcloth!

love the color and design!!!

Archived