Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

This is a revival CAL of the previous Dishcloth Tuesdays CAL started by amandapace back in 2007. We have a new year, so off to a new start!

:cheer:clap:cheer

...and the first Tuesday to get this CAL hookin' will be the first Tuesday in February (Feb 3rd) !!!

So....

:yarn Do you love to make dishcloths and want to share your excitement with others???

:yarn Do you need to make dishcloths and could use a little "shove of the hook" or a :kick to get you motivated???

:yarn Have you tried to make dishcloths and just can't get it right???

:yarn Or do you just want to pop-in from time to time for a break from all those other projects you got goin on???

Well...if you answered :yes to any of these...then this will be a place for you!!

Here is a link to the previous CAL:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61718

You can use that thread for links to patterns, pictures of completed projects, etc.

Other places of interest for patterns:

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

I want to add too, that if you want to include potholders, scrubbies, sponge covers, and dishtowels on this CAL, thats fine too. I know alof of you like to make sets when you do dishcloths, so feel free to add the other goodies!!

If any of you would like to share a pattern you've designed with all of us, post it here and I'll add it to the links list above, or if you've already posted it elsewhere (on the 'ville, your blog, etc.) I will also add the link above if you'd like.

Free Individual Dishcloth Patterns:

Free "other goodies" Patterns:

Flower Hot Pad

This is not just for

:crocheting er's

Let's not forget about all of our Knitters out there :knit

The more the merrier :ghug

And one lastly thing, don't forget about the :photo of your work...there's a Photobucket Album you can post your pics on for a group :gallery If you've never used Photobucket, its very easy to use...you can upload from a website (like your blog, another PB account, flickr, picasa, etc.), an email, your cellphone, or from your own computer. Here's the info:

Photobucket

Username: 2009DishclothTuesdaysCal

Password: 2009dishcloths

So, enough :blah

Off to search for patterns :book:compute

and then :crocheting or :knit

:welcome

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay

:hi

I want to get some done to have on hand for small gifts to friends. I have a 30 gallon trash bag FULL of cotton yarns in every solid & varigated color imaginable. Gotta have a use for them b/c i'm on the stashbusting cal...not doing real hot at the moment :rofl

Well, this is a co-incidence. I was looking through my pattern booklets this morning, and found two books of dishcloth patterns. I won't be making a new dishcloth every single Tuesday though. The only person I know that likes crocheted cloths besides me is my Dsil. I could use a few new ones, and so could she. I'd like to try a few knitted cloths as well as some crocheted ones. I am a very slow knitter, so it will take me weeks to get a knitted one finished.

Ravelry has a lot of dishcloth patterns too. I just got one from there called Tulip Dishcloth by Doni Speigle and it worked up to be the prettiest thing. I too would like to knit them once in a while but I'm SO slow at knitting. I keep thinking why bother when I can bang one out in crochet in a day but I'd be knitting that sucker for weeks? :lol I don't know anybody that likes or uses them. Most prefer purchased dish cloths. I like mine best in thread to be honest but I've got a huge quantity of ww cotton. Those $1 sales seemed to justify all the purchases. :rofl

:welcome Everybody!!!

I think this is gonna be so much fun!! And good for all of us stashbusters too!!

Don't fret...you don't have to do one every Tuesday...its really just as a reminder that if you need to make some, Tuesday is a good day to do it, cuz others are too!!

as far as posting early, thats okay, and if anybody else wants to, they can! I have a set of 3 i did and want to post in there too...cuz i'm so proud of them!! I have 2 more rows to do on the last one, and then I'll post. (:rofl it'll probably be tuesday before I get back to it!! :haha)

Craw...that is really pretty. I can see that in many different color schemes too!! Was it a free pattern??

Most of my cotton stash was purchased on sale...even the Lion Cotton...can't beat those sales!! :shop

I know I must of missed something. I see where you put it in the photobucket album but not a link. How do I get to see it? Thanks

I know it isn't Tuesday yet but I put a photo in the photobucket album already. It's the Tulip one I just finished. :hook

oh gals can I join this one???? I love love love to make dishclothes in knit and crochet both, but have adpated my own crochet circle one that I can bust out in about an hour. I made three last night!!! Woohoo, so happy to know others that have the love for the homemade dishclothes!! My Mom-Mom got me into the knit ones and I am the only person left in the family that makes them now. I am actually taking a whole set to a friend today! Will post some pics to the photobucket of that now and some dishclothes later!!

I know I must of missed something. I see where you put it in the photobucket album but not a link. How do I get to see it? Thanks

Just go to photobucket.com. To sign in, your account name will be 2009dishclothtuesdayscal and use the password 2009dishcloths. (Watch your caps in the sign in and password. I think it makes a difference!) Then you can see the pics and upload your own!

Yes, the Tulip Pattern was the best kind of pattern, FREE. :D I'm going to make one in pink and one in some other pastel color hiding in my stash. It will make a nice Easter gift. :hook

oh gals can I join this one???? I love love love to make dishclothes in knit and crochet both, but have adpated my own crochet circle one that I can bust out in about an hour. I made three last night!!! Woohoo, so happy to know others that have the love for the homemade dishclothes!! My Mom-Mom got me into the knit ones and I am the only person left in the family that makes them now. I am actually taking a whole set to a friend today! Will post some pics to the photobucket of that now and some dishclothes later!!

Sure!!! You can join in!!! :clap

Your pics are great, i especially like the one that looks like a flower. Did you use cotton yarn or ww??

We went to a flea market this morning, and saw a lady had a bag of 4 for $1 :eek They were made with ww, and probably about 6" square. I wonder how the ww would hold up doing dishes...i usually use the cotton yarns.

I have been waiting to join this CAL since last year, I am so glad you are starting it up again for I can use some dishcloths. I will crochet some but I also would like to try my hand at knitting a few. Like everyone mentioned I'm also slow at knitting. I did take a look at the Tulip stitch cloth pattern at Raverly and I think that will be the first dishcloth I crochet. :crocheting

Oh, I've never done a CAL before!! I'm excited to get in on this one!:bounce I think I can manage a dishcloth, though maybe not EVERY tuesday, but I'll give it my best try. You all will have to bear with me and my questions because I'm sure I'll have lots! :think I'm going to get my yarn tomorrow...I know exactly what I want to start with! Yippie, I'm excited! :cheer

Archived